Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 2010 Old 08-24-2014, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The TH01 is a Samsung panel. That's the reason I skipped looking at the 60", because those are Sharp panels. You can't go wrong with either tv you are looking at. I bought a 65" 7150 last week, but had to return it due to a buzzing power supply on the tv. I am 90% sure I'll get another before the week is over; they didn't have any more on hand when I returned mine to swap for.

I wasn't sure the quality of picture added to all the hype this lcd receives, but I hooked up my old 46" XBR4 Sony that I now have in a bedroom, and the Sammy 7150 definitely has better picture qualities. Blacks and motion blur are about the same, but the colors and contrast of the 7150 are way above my 6 yr old Sony...and the Sony was an awesome tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrites View Post
Hello to everyone. I've been lurking here for about 2 weeks now and finally decided to register. I need help with recommendations for a new tv. I originally purchased a 60" H7150 from Samsung, but in the process of returning it due to some issues. I am looking at the 55" 8550 that's currently going for 1999, but my husband is eyeing the 65" H7150. We got a bad set with the 60" H7150, and since the 65" has dropped down in price, it's not a bad trade off.

Anyone who has the 65" H7150 have any issues? I've been seeing that it's a TH01 panel - is that a Samsung or Sharp panel?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 2010 Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
From reading several posts over the past few months, it doesn't seem that there has been much concern or discussion over the HH01 Sharp panels that come in the 60 inch 7150 models? It was the AU Optronics that maybe had issues.

I have a 60 inch 7150 and the picture after spending a lot of time changing up the various picture & advanced settings is quite good!

My only real complaint for this model right now is the glossy screen & defined images like my window which is 30 feet behind the TV that shows up in the screen during the day. Have to really turn up the backlight to reduce the glare this gives off.

Curious to what issues that you had with your 60 inch 7150 & reason for taking it back??
post #993 of 2010 Old 08-24-2014, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurinder2010 View Post
i have exchanged my un65h7150 tv once(best buy store). both had clouding and flashlight issue. i would like to know if is it normal or should i exchange again? i have attached pics
I think it could be minimized with the correct settings. I can get mine to look like that too, but once calibrated correctly it doesn't.
post #994 of 2010 Old 08-25-2014, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrites View Post
Hello to everyone. I've been lurking here for about 2 weeks now and finally decided to register. I need help with recommendations for a new tv. I originally purchased a 60" H7150 from Samsung, but in the process of returning it due to some issues. I am looking at the 55" 8550 that's currently going for 1999, but my husband is eyeing the 65" H7150. We got a bad set with the 60" H7150, and since the 65" has dropped down in price, it's not a bad trade off.

Anyone who has the 65" H7150 have any issues? I've been seeing that it's a TH01 panel - is that a Samsung or Sharp panel?

Thanks in advance.

That is the Samsung panel. The 60" would have had the Sharp panel.
post #995 of 2010 Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC8080 View Post
On your first issue, "OTA" is "over the air"... Do you have an external antenna connected? A cable provider guide won't be displayed for OTA signals. I have an external antenna and the "OTA TV guide" works.
Here's a website to check for local broadcasts in your area, and signal strength: http://www.tvfool.com/

I'm still impressed at how good HD TV signals are with OTA broadcasts in 1080.
Yeah, I know how antenna's work. I have a direct (coax) feed of Time Warner in my apartment for "free". SO I get Time Warner channels up to ~70, including a bunch of digital channels (the actual OTA ones).

I want to know if there is some way to get a the TV's builtin guide to display my Time Warner channels, when I do not have a Time Warner cable box (an apparent requirement when you say you have a cable provider - which isn't the truth obviously) It requires a dedicated Input OTHER than TV because I have to say where my cable box is connected - which is silly, because Time Warner doesn't always require one.

I have the same exact channels as paying Time Warner customers, and technically I am paying for Time Warner - just not directly.

Last edited by scottypa; 08-25-2014 at 09:14 AM.
post #996 of 2010 Old 08-25-2014, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I got the 60 inch 7150 today. Played with settings all day its going back.
My 40 inch samsung 650 puts this to shame.
i wish i wud have noticed that all the 60 inch had the sharp panel.
this TV looks like a sharp. No depth.
i cud actually maybe go with a 55 inch. The 60 is a bit big for my room. (Cant believe i just said that)
I wud get the 8550 but the input lag is supossed to be bad for video games.
maybe i will just buy a new car. Might be easier.
post #997 of 2010 Old 08-25-2014, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdina36315 View Post
I got the 60 inch 7150 today. Played with settings all day its going back.
My 40 inch samsung 650 puts this to shame.
i wish i wud have noticed that all the 60 inch had the sharp panel.
this TV looks like a sharp. No depth.
i cud actually maybe go with a 55 inch. The 60 is a bit big for my room. (Cant believe i just said that)
I wud get the 8550 but the input lag is supossed to be bad for video games.
maybe i will just buy a new car. Might be easier.

I know what you mean, I also had the Samsung LN40A650 which was a very, very good LCD, except for that stupid fan . I believe my 46-inch H7150 shows a little more detail in the picture, but I'm finding it hard to get the facial tones to look as natural as the A650 and the judder seems worse in the H7150 when using satellite signals too. Like the A650 I have spent a lot of time making adjustments to the flesh tone, Color tone, white balance, and color space and am still not totally satisfied with the skin tones. All colors other than flesh tone look very good though. Oh well, I haven't given up on the H7150 yet.

Last edited by MSGUSA; 08-26-2014 at 08:00 AM.
post #998 of 2010 Old 08-26-2014, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypa View Post
Yeah, I know how antenna's work. I have a direct (coax) feed of Time Warner in my apartment for "free". SO I get Time Warner channels up to ~70, including a bunch of digital channels (the actual OTA ones).

I want to know if there is some way to get a the TV's builtin guide to display my Time Warner channels, when I do not have a Time Warner cable box (an apparent requirement when you say you have a cable provider - which isn't the truth obviously) It requires a dedicated Input OTHER than TV because I have to say where my cable box is connected - which is silly, because Time Warner doesn't always require one.

I have the same exact channels as paying Time Warner customers, and technically I am paying for Time Warner - just not directly.
Maybe this link will help, maybe not...
http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2014-02/samsung-smart-hub/
post #999 of 2010 Old 08-26-2014, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys, I just bought the UN75H7150, got it home, mounted, and turned on only to notice a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Couple this with flashlighting from all four corners and I'm pretty disappointed. I know the flashlighting is hard to avoid on a panel this large, but the dead pixel really bugs me. Should I go ahead and swap it or just live with it? I'm trying to gauge if this is within the realm of tolerance. In my opinion it's unacceptable, but maybe I'm nitpicking.
post #1000 of 2010 Old 08-26-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChase View Post
Hey guys, I just bought the UN75H7150, got it home, mounted, and turned on only to notice a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Couple this with flashlighting from all four corners and I'm pretty disappointed. I know the flashlighting is hard to avoid on a panel this large, but the dead pixel really bugs me. Should I go ahead and swap it or just live with it? I'm trying to gauge if this is within the realm of tolerance. In my opinion it's unacceptable, but maybe I'm nitpicking.
When you are spending over 3K for a TV, dead pixels aren't acceptable. I'd return it.
post #1001 of 2010 Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iChase View Post
You are not "nitpicking."

Shame on Samsung. That's how they'd like us to feel, I'm afraid.

"You mean you want a DEFECT-FREE PANEL?!"

For every person who complains, there are a hundred who simply accept these defective panels as "the norm." So as long as they can get away with only a few thousand complaints....

I went as far as contacting them repeatedly, and not taking "That's just how LEDs are, Sir." I had them send a technician out. Alas, all he could do was take a picture of the clouding and flashlighting and email it back to someone in an office. Of course they instructed him not to replace the panel because it was "within tolerance." Holy crap. Even the tech agreed that the panel, although not as bad as some he'd seen, was cloudy.

Shame on Samsung. They built a name, but they fell right into the mediocre SH#*-pile. Might as well have bought the Vizio as far as customer service goes, and isn't that part of what we pay the premium price to get? So now it's back to the store within 30 days, try another, and if that's as bad or worse (fingers crossed), I'll take my chances on the Vizio for picture quality and price. I just wish the professional reviewers gave more than a perfunctory mention of how pervasive and trashy this aspect of the H7150 could be.

Yes, you can get a decent picture during the day and with backlighting turned to nil, but...isn't that a feature that we paid to have? No you're not nitpicking...you simply have standards that haven't been compromised to eating gruel: Think Oliver Twist. "May I have more please, Sir?" [sic]
post #1002 of 2010 Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Good grief, get a grip!

If you don't like Samsung's products, don't buy them. The H7150 is a very nice mid-tier flat screen TV. Countless people in these threads including me are very happy with the picture of these TV's. Sony, Sharp, LG, Panasonic, Vizio....many other options for you on the market to complain about as well.
psu85 likes this.
post #1003 of 2010 Old 08-26-2014, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGUSA View Post
I know what you mean, I also had the Samsung LN40A650 which was a very, very good LCD, except for that stupid fan . I believe my 46-inch H7150 shows a little more detail in the picture, but I'm finding it hard to get the facial tones to look as natural as the A650 and the judder seems worse in the H7150 when using satellite signals too. Like the A650 I have spent a lot of time making adjustments to the flesh tone, Color tone, white balance, and color space and am still not totally satisfied with the skin tones. All colors other than flesh tone look very good though. Oh well, I haven't given up on the H7150 yet.
Really you guys? I have an A650. I love it. But it's dark and has way less detail and Contrast than either the 7150 or the 8550
post #1004 of 2010 Old 08-27-2014, 05:39 AM

Goes to show Samsung is very inconsistant and they probably could care less about their customers.
My 7150 is garbage for so many reasons.
Could be since i have the 60 inch Sharp panel, but i am not gonna go back and forth swapping 7150's.
I would like to try the 8550, but Samsung decided TV's dont need to play video games. The input lag is more than twice that of the Sony 4K's.
I am sure my A650 wouldnt blow away a good 7150, but in my case it blows away my 7150.
post #1005 of 2010 Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Exclamation Samsung Smart View 2.0 on Android only support Samsung devices?!?

Samsung Smart View 2.0 on Android only support Samsung devices?!? Seriously Samsung? Like, what, you think I'm going to run out and buy one of your phones so I can access my TV? Um, quit the shenanigans and open this app up for any device. Just silly.

Please do not try to defend this. This is silly. I don't really care about watching TV on my android device, just let me use the other features, like photo sharing, etc. Many apps just disable features when they aren't supported. There is no reason to prevent everyone from using part of the app. Even if they want to claim copyright protection (DMCA). And the issue of development costs isn't really there. There are only so many screen sizes and API versions.
post #1006 of 2010 Old 08-27-2014, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelHoss1 View Post
Really you guys? I have an A650. I love it. But it's dark and has way less detail and Contrast than either the 7150 or the 8550

What? I'm not allowed to have an opinion! It is my obsevations and I'm sticking to it.

How much of a difference there is could possibly be how much time is committed to making adjustments for fine tuning the picture on each set. As I said in that post I spent many hours fine tuning that A650, although it was never professionally calibrated. Also, as I said I have not given up on the 46H7150 and I did state that I believed it had a little more detail than the A650 - more yes, drastically more... probably not. If I can just get the skin tones to look natural without degrading the other colors (which look excellent) it will be a very nice TV too.
post #1007 of 2010 Old 08-27-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrad View Post
When you are spending over 3K for a TV, dead pixels aren't acceptable. I'd return it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYrus BORG View Post
You are not "nitpicking."

Shame on Samsung. That's how they'd like us to feel, I'm afraid.

"You mean you want a DEFECT-FREE PANEL?!"

For every person who complains, there are a hundred who simply accept these defective panels as "the norm." So as long as they can get away with only a few thousand complaints....

I went as far as contacting them repeatedly, and not taking "That's just how LEDs are, Sir." I had them send a technician out. Alas, all he could do was take a picture of the clouding and flashlighting and email it back to someone in an office. Of course they instructed him not to replace the panel because it was "within tolerance." Holy crap. Even the tech agreed that the panel, although not as bad as some he'd seen, was cloudy.

Shame on Samsung. They built a name, but they fell right into the mediocre SH#*-pile. Might as well have bought the Vizio as far as customer service goes, and isn't that part of what we pay the premium price to get? So now it's back to the store within 30 days, try another, and if that's as bad or worse (fingers crossed), I'll take my chances on the Vizio for picture quality and price. I just wish the professional reviewers gave more than a perfunctory mention of how pervasive and trashy this aspect of the H7150 could be.

Yes, you can get a decent picture during the day and with backlighting turned to nil, but...isn't that a feature that we paid to have? No you're not nitpicking...you simply have standards that haven't been compromised to eating gruel: Think Oliver Twist. "May I have more please, Sir?" [sic]

Okay, an update. I called Best Buy this morning after I made sure the dead pixel was, indeed, dead. They didn't hesitate to offer a product swap. I asked if they would offer delivery and man, am I glad I did! Friday, a new one will be delivered and they'll pick up mine and take it back to TV purgatory.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Sure is a slap in the face to have a near-$4000 TV not be perfect. I'll keep everyone posted on my experience Friday.
post #1008 of 2010 Old 08-28-2014, 12:34 AM

Liked: 0
Gentlemen,

I know you get asked questions like this all the time, so I apologize in advance, but I have searched all over, read most of this and the F7100 threads, and haven't really found the answer to my question. Little bit of background info, I just recently moved and have much more living room space now. We decided to upgrade our TV from our 2007 Samsung 37" LCD to a 55" TV. We planned to stay with Samsung as we have simply enjoyed the quality products they generally offer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our 7 year old tv. I did a little searching online and at consumer reports and then we went to our local military post exchange (shopping center) and found that they have two very interesting options available. They are selling the 55" Samsung F7100 for $999 and the 55" H7150 for $1,199 this week.

I know that the only real differences between the two is that the H7150 has micro dimming pro, a faster CMR, a different remote, and a bigger processor. I am inclined towards the F7100 because of its great price point and it seems (according to these forums and other reviews) that they are having less issues than the H7150s. I have never had a smart tv before and I'm not very tech savvy. I do play some online first person shooters and other role playing games from time to time on my xbox 360. I also used my xbox console to stream Netflix with my older tv. The majority of the time though, our tv is used to watch HD programming on Directv.

So my question is; is the the upgraded processor on the H7150 worth the extra $200? How much faster is it than the F7100? There has been a few complaints on the speed of the F7100's smart hub. Is the new remote design worth the upgrade? I doubt I will ever notice the difference between the two viewing experiences, especially with the leap forward I am about to make. A couple of things I have read said that Samsung has really focused on providing more extras in the last few years because they can't do much more to improve on these kind of tvs.

Last edited by lostinthedesert; 08-28-2014 at 12:48 AM.
post #1009 of 2010 Old 08-28-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthedesert View Post
Is the new remote design worth the upgrade?
I've owned the 55" H7150 for several months and have a great picture with no issues. I do prefer the ergonomics of the 7150 smart remote vs the 7100 and having a 2nd full feature backlit remote is very handy. Not certain it is $200 handy, but I would purchase this TV again over the 7100.
post #1010 of 2010 Old 08-29-2014, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthedesert View Post
Gentlemen,

I know you get asked questions like this all the time, so I apologize in advance, but I have searched all over, read most of this and the F7100 threads, and haven't really found the answer to my question. Little bit of background info, I just recently moved and have much more living room space now. We decided to upgrade our TV from our 2007 Samsung 37" LCD to a 55" TV. We planned to stay with Samsung as we have simply enjoyed the quality products they generally offer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our 7 year old tv. I did a little searching online and at consumer reports and then we went to our local military post exchange (shopping center) and found that they have two very interesting options available. They are selling the 55" Samsung F7100 for $999 and the 55" H7150 for $1,199 this week.

I know that the only real differences between the two is that the H7150 has micro dimming pro, a faster CMR, a different remote, and a bigger processor. I am inclined towards the F7100 because of its great price point and it seems (according to these forums and other reviews) that they are having less issues than the H7150s. I have never had a smart tv before and I'm not very tech savvy. I do play some online first person shooters and other role playing games from time to time on my xbox 360. I also used my xbox console to stream Netflix with my older tv. The majority of the time though, our tv is used to watch HD programming on Directv.

So my question is; is the the upgraded processor on the H7150 worth the extra $200? How much faster is it than the F7100? There has been a few complaints on the speed of the F7100's smart hub. Is the new remote design worth the upgrade? I doubt I will ever notice the difference between the two viewing experiences, especially with the leap forward I am about to make. A couple of things I have read said that Samsung has really focused on providing more extras in the last few years because they can't do much more to improve on these kind of tvs.

I looked at the 7100's last year and returned a 65". I had it setup next to my 55" D8000 series tv with the same tv feed and hated it. I read stellar reviews about the 7150 and and after not being happy with the 65" 4k (i'm very picky), I picked up an open box 7150 65" and love it. There is clouding on my set but overall it is wonderful if you get it for the right price. I would definitely get the 7150 over the 7100 even for the remote. The new wand remote (7150) is awesome for the smart tv features and compared to the 7100 touch remote. So in my opinion, YES, get the 7150!
post #1011 of 2010 Old 08-29-2014, 05:23 PM

I was wondering if I could get some help with a few questions. I just received my 7150 today and it's my first LCD/LED tv, so it's huge change from plasma and I'm also kind of stuck on a few settings.

First, when I'm watching tv from my cable box, the 7150 will only let me use 16 x 9 as my screen size. While almost every show is 16 x 9, there are movie channels that show films in their correct aspect ratio. Won't this introduce overscan into those films on HBO and other movie channels? Won't any film in 1.85:1 on cable just fill my screen and won't any 2.40.1 film on cable have bigger black bars?

I went into the smart hub to play a film in 1.85:1 and there were the small bars at the top and bottom of the screen, but you were locked out of changing anything. You couldn't, for example, choose to fill the screen with that image even if you wanted to. I'm a stickler for OAR, but it seemed odd that it wouldn't give you the choice and I haven't seen a 1.85:1 movie yet on cable to see if the bars will be there.

I turned on the Abyss, which is 2.40:1, I think. The black bars were there and definitely not small ones, but I couldn't tell if it was truly showing me the film in the right scope. The TV says it's 16 x 9 and not screen fit when I'm watching the film.

So, do I have to live with overscan anytime I'm not watching a blu-ray or streaming?

Also, I see a lot of people chose HDMI black level "low" as their setting, but mine is just locked out. It only shows me normal and won't let me change it. I'm not sure it's important or not, but if others can adjust this, can someone please tell me why I'm not able to?

Thanks!
post #1012 of 2010 Old 08-29-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypa View Post
Samsung Smart View 2.0 on Android only support Samsung devices?!? Seriously Samsung? Like, what, you think I'm going to run out and buy one of your phones so I can access my TV? Um, quit the shenanigans and open this app up for any device. Just silly.

Please do not try to defend this. This is silly. I don't really care about watching TV on my android device, just let me use the other features, like photo sharing, etc. Many apps just disable features when they aren't supported. There is no reason to prevent everyone from using part of the app. Even if they want to claim copyright protection (DMCA). And the issue of development costs isn't really there. There are only so many screen sizes and API versions.
You may as well get mad at Sony also, since they do the same thing. You need a Sony phone for a "Miracast..."

http://community.sony.com/t5/Televis...0A/td-p/187761

"My guess is that the Experia devices have the PIN in memory and, therefore, connect. Since other devices do not have the PIN and such PIN does not appear to be provided on the KDL60R520A or with its documentation, this is a way for Sony to lock out other Miracast-enabled devices, which, if true, is very disappointing."
post #1013 of 2010 Old 08-29-2014, 08:10 PM

Liked: 0
Calibration Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenation View Post
I've owned the 55" H7150 for several months and have a great picture with no issues. I do prefer the ergonomics of the 7150 smart remote vs the 7100 and having a 2nd full feature backlit remote is very handy. Not certain it is $200 handy, but I would purchase this TV again over the 7100.
Hey, just bought the 55 inch 7150. Can I get your calibration settings? Thanks! :-)
post #1014 of 2010 Old 08-30-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prindel View Post
Hey, just bought the 55 inch 7150. Can I get your calibration settings? Thanks! :-)
These settings may not apply for the 55 inch as the panel may differ from my 65 inch. But, they may be a "starting point" on settings. I'm using Standard Mode but, many prefer Movie Mode. The Movie Mode looked darker to me but, I didn't really fine tune that setting.

Here's what I'm using for now:

Picture

Standard
Backlight 6 to 8
Contrast 100
Brightness 45
Sharpness 45
Color 53
Tint 0 or middle...

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast Low
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB Only Mode Off
Color Space Native
Gamma 0

Picture Options

Color Tone Warm 1
Digital Clean View Auto
MPEG Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black Level Low
Film Mode Off
Auto Motion Plus Off
Cinema Black Low

----

The Digital Clean View worked on getting rid of "screen door effect" which was minimal to begin with and only on some scenes.
post #1015 of 2010 Old 09-01-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Cool

Hello Gang!

Have been lurking in this topic for awhile. I pretty much went through the entire thread It was exhausting, but very good info. I have decided to pull the trigger on the 75, but I have a few questions, and apologize if they seem dumb, or have been repeated.

The post from the guy who was heartbroken about the black crush and other issues, what changed his mind all of a sudden? His post made me very leery, but then all of a sudden he liked it. I searched, and could not find what the reason was. Since the TV has evolved a bit with firmware, and people tweaking it, could that be the reason?

For people getting the 65, why did you not just get the highly rated Sammy Plasma? Did you have bright room issues, or was it the price? or ???

Regarding the Smart View 2.0, did I read right that I better own a Samsung product to make it work? I have an Apple household, and this would really suck!!

Last but not least, my head hurts from reading all the calibration posts. So much variation,I'm so lost, and don't know which to use once the TV arrrives What do I do?

Thanks!

I'd love to get my hands on a Blu Monster's Ball.-LilStinky

Refering to a possible release of said movie on BD LOL
post #1016 of 2010 Old 09-01-2014, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down Just bought the UN65H7150, light vertical bar present

Just brought this home today. Has a TH01 panel. Biggest problem was getting the bottom screws in the stand, until I turned it on and changed some of the settings and started noticing when scenes were light that a vertical bar on the left side of the screen is present. Looks like a return situation, which stinks because now I have to pack it up and take it back. At least its local and 15 minutes away.

Any suggestions from forum members to resolve the issue before I pack it up and return it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhiteBar.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	241802  
post #1017 of 2010 Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 AM

Did your Netflix and other apps get fixed? I bought this TV yesterday and it is wonderful -- with one problem. I can't get Netflix, Accuweather, or Pandora to work. I have not tried many others. With Netflix, I get a network error. With Accuweather, it get stuck on the terms and conditions screen and won't respond to remote commands to 'accept' the terms. With Pandora, it refreshes the T&C page and then says something like "the device is not registered."

Not sure what to do. I'm going to contact Samsung, but thought I'd try here first.
post #1018 of 2010 Old 09-02-2014, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked up a UN65H7150 yesterday morning came home and set it up. The picture was great out of the box with my Direct TV and the TH01 panel looked great with no issues. But then it started cycling off after a few minutes. So I checked the Timer and ECO settings if they were set and they were not. Packed it up and brought it back to Best Buy for another set that is great and not cycling off. Love the picture on this Sammy and I am happy with the set. This is #7 for me and its the best one yet.
post #1019 of 2010 Old 09-02-2014, 11:49 AM

Liked: 11
Hello all, sorry if any of these are repeat questions, but I didn't see what I needed in the posts, or just didn't read them close enough

I have the 65 inch 7150 and have a few issues that I would like some help with.

Keep in mind I am replacing a 2004 DLP with this so I am going from a dumb tv to smart tv.

Ok, so I use my pioneer elite for my AVR and when I switch sources on the pioneer, the TV will automatically switch itself to TV and start showing off air programming. I guess when it loses the HDMI signal it just switches on it own?

Second, I have played with the auto motion plus on every setting and I still get judder. Is this a known issue? I have tried standard, clear, smooth and numerous setting with custom. Still judders

Third, the TV seems to bounce between light and dark for no reason. I was watching the conjuring when he went to the basement with the match and the brightness was all over the place. It's stays the same on my other LCD.

I think that's it for now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, for the record, the Smart view 2.0 works on Apple. I used my iPhone and it was great.
post #1020 of 2010 Old 09-02-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica_Mars View Post
First, when I'm watching tv from my cable box, the 7150 will only let me use 16 x 9 as my screen size.
Thanks!
Are you connecting your cable box to the TV via HDMI?

Per the manual, the option you are looking for Screen Fit picture size is only available over an Component/HDMI.

Picture Sizes and Input Signals
Input Signal Picture Size
Analog Channel/External Input 16:9, Zoom1, Zoom2, 4:3
Component (480i, 480p) 16:9, Zoom1, Zoom2, 4:3
Component (720p) 16:9, Wide Fit, 4:3
Component (1080i, 1080p) 16:9, Wide Fit, 4:3, Screen Fit
Digital Channel (720p) 16:9, Wide Fit, 4:3, Smart View 2
Digital Channel (1080i, 1080p) 16:9, Wide Fit, 4:3, Screen Fit, Smart View 2
HDMI (720p, 1080i, 1080p) 16:9, Wide Fit, 4:3, Screen Fit, Smart View 1, Smart View 2
The Picture Size setting is applied to the current source. The applied Picture Size will remain in effect whenever you select that source unless you change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica_Mars View Post
Also, I see a lot of people chose HDMI black level "low" as their setting, but mine is just locked out. It only shows me normal and won't let me change it. I'm not sure it's important or not, but if others can adjust this, can someone please tell me why I'm not able to?
HDMI Black Level as well is only available when connected via HDMI
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page