AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   LCD Flat Panel Displays (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1527547-official-samsung-unxxh7150-unxxh7100af-owners-thread.html)

ayn 04-15-2014 05:58 PM

A few of us just got this set in last couple of days. I'd love others to share your settings, tips, etc.

I notice some weird artifacts around text with my Apple TV. I just got the my UN55H7150 this morning, and it replaces a UN55F6350. I AirPlayed the same 1080p content to the 7150 via the Plex iOS app and it looks a bit more compressed than it did last night on the F6350. Any settings I should adjust and any “features” I should turn off?

Some pics:






HAPPIOUR 04-15-2014 06:38 PM

Ayn you might want to let people know on the Anticipation thread that you started this Official one.

legnaz 04-15-2014 09:08 PM

Does this tv come with dual view 3d glasses? I read a review stating it did.

ayn 04-15-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnaz View Post

Does this tv come with dual view 3d glasses? I read a review stating it did.

Yes it came with 2 pairs of 3D glasses.

talljerry 04-15-2014 10:16 PM

how you set up 3D Dual View?

Asvallini 04-16-2014 08:31 AM

Hey guys, the more that I watch content on this TV the more I loved.

I think it is better than F8000 and the only thing that I am missing is a better calibration settings...

Let me know when someone have one to share

legnaz 04-16-2014 10:36 AM

Dual view glasses are not the same as regular 3d glasses. Supposedly 2 people can watch 2 different programs at the same time.

brakel 04-16-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnaz View Post

Dual view glasses are not the same as regular 3d glasses. Supposedly 2 people can watch 2 different programs at the same time.

Same glasses, different sync.

MikeCandler 04-16-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakel View Post

Same glasses, different sync.

So how would it work for sound? Would be neat if you could also sync the sound to your glasses via headphones or something. Otherwise it is sort of a silly feature unless I want to watch something without sound...note I have not looked into this feature so maybe this is already the case?

ttownaudio 04-16-2014 12:59 PM

Even though best buy website still says "coming soon", I just went by our best buy and purchased a 55" 7150. I'm not even sure they knew they had the thing. Will unbox and mount tomorrow and then I will give feedback.

brakel 04-16-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCandler View Post

So how would it work for sound? Would be neat if you could also sync the sound to your glasses via headphones or something. Otherwise it is sort of a silly feature unless I want to watch something without sound...note I have not looked into this feature so maybe this is already the case?

I'm assuming headsets but I haven't seen the sets yet. I've only seen dual view in games. MLB has had dual view so that two people can play against each other on the same console and TV but won't see each others pitches. But in games you're hearing the same thing.

MikeCandler 04-16-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakel View Post

I'm assuming headsets but I haven't seen the sets yet. I've only seen dual view in games. MLB has had dual view so that two people can play against each other on the same console and TV but won't see each others pitches. But in games you're hearing the same thing.

Right for sure in terms of gaming that would be amazing, I am sure as you said there is a way to pair headphones to the glasses which in turn is paired to the specific show you are watching.

willpooted 04-16-2014 03:22 PM

Found these settings while searching for reviews on the set. Taking delivery next week on a 65-incher - can't wait.

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-h7150-picture-settings.html

LMK how these work out.

brakel 04-16-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCandler View Post

Right for sure in terms of gaming that would be amazing, I am sure as you said there is a way to pair headphones to the glasses which in turn is paired to the specific show you are watching.

I don't think they'd have to pair the headphones with the glasses. They could just have an A headphone output and a B headphone output. Preferably wireless.

ayn 04-16-2014 03:58 PM

I searched and found out that the default value for sharpening is set way too high, dialed it back somewhere between 0 to 5 fixed the fuzzy text and pictures issues. Would also appreciate better calibration settings. I'll try the lcdtvbuyingguide ones when I get home.

Asvallini 04-16-2014 05:15 PM

I tried and there are not good.

We need one ASAP

legnaz 04-16-2014 11:13 PM

I returned my last 2 sets, un75f6400 because of flashlighting and clouding. Please tell me this set doesnt have that.

AncientAlien 04-17-2014 10:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
How is uniformity in the dark without the BL turned all the way down to 4 or 5? What Panel Type? Motion Resolution, (240Hz panel)? Black Levels? How does Micro Dimming react in dark scenes?

jigsawhc 04-17-2014 03:16 PM

My UN55H7150 is out of the box and I've walked through the setup. Now to learn how to calibrate it (past TVs I never had so early after release so I always borrowed one someone else posted to the forums smile.gif ).

ayn 04-17-2014 09:32 PM

I got a quote from a guy to calibrate it professionally, he wanted $400 to do it, pretty insane. I guess I'll use the THX iOS app to calibrate it first and wait for people to post your settings later. smile.gif (First World) Problem of getting this set so freaking early.

jhughy2010 04-17-2014 09:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayn View Post

I got a quote from a guy to calibrate it professionally, he wanted $400 to do it, pretty insane. I guess I'll use the THX iOS app to calibrate it first and wait for people to post your settings later. smile.gif (First World) Problem of getting this set so freaking early.
Lol yes that's a FWP!

I'm absolutely sure there will be input for calibration here soon.

lukemanstalker 04-17-2014 10:50 PM

dude whats with the stars in the title? really annoying/distracting when you scroll the index

legnaz 04-18-2014 06:17 AM

I went ahead and purchased the 75 inch. I was waiting for these ass holes to reply, but I guess they don't have time to turn off the tv. Will post on pq when I receive it.

Lost n the Corn 04-18-2014 09:28 AM

  Hi all. I am new to this site because I am getting ready to purchase my first flat panel TV. I am trying to decide between the new Samsung H7150 and the outgoing F7500. I was wondering if anyone could let me know why they chose this model over the 7500. As of now, there is about a $200 difference between the two models in the 46", with the 7150 being cheaper. I have done a lot of reading online and since I am new to this all, it is a bit overwhelming. Any help that could be offered would be appreciated and thanks in advance.


ayn 04-18-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemanstalker View Post

dude whats with the stars in the title? really annoying/distracting when you scroll the index

sorry, it was in markdown. I just removed them.

ayn 04-18-2014 01:19 PM

When I use my Apple TV the screensaver with the floating Samsung logos keeps appearing during video playback. Is this a bug? How the hell am I supposed to turn it off? I've set it to 2 hours in the settings.

Ice That Jaw 04-18-2014 04:21 PM

My bro just bought the 65in today and I was hoping for several calibration settings to try for him since he is clueless about it. It's a sweet looking TV no doubt. I have a Panny VT50 and I was impressed at how vibrant this set looks in a brightly lit room. I guess that's something I'll never have with a plasma.

Can anyone verify the posted settings -> http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-h7150-picture-settings.html?

I guess it can't hurt to start there.


EDIT - The Youtube functionality is awesome. It would be nice to have actual mouse control but switching through videos is super smooth.

talljerry 04-18-2014 05:10 PM

I was watching netflix on my UNxxH7100AF and they have steaming 3d movies to watch.

ttownaudio 04-18-2014 05:17 PM


Here is a shot I just took looking at my 55" H7150. I realize calibration might help improve things but the picture looks pretty good right out of the box. Audio sounds descent as well.

ttownaudio 04-18-2014 05:26 PM


Here is one more shot. This TV looks gorgeous hanging on the wall. Hung the TV with a Sanus VLF410. You can't go wrong with this unit. Enjoy it now and worry about fine tuning calibration later. You will be OK until then. smile.gif


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.