Samsung F7100 @ Abe's of Maine - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-17-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So, I am in the market for a new TV. I have finally narrowed down my choices to Samsung F7100 (Yup, 2013 Model), but ever since I talked to someone at Abe's of Maine, I got a bit confused. First off, check out the link below:

http://cameras.abesofmaine.com/search#w=samsung%2055F7100&asug=undefined&kbid=samsung%207100

According to AoB's website, there are two models out there for the Samsung I am looking for. One is 55F7100 and the other one is 55F7100U. Upon calling them and talking to one of their representatives, I found out that the 55F7100 is an "Imported" model (Gray Market??), whereas the 55F7100U is the United States model. I tried to search around the "interweb" and could not come up with anything that confirms or deny that. Everywhere I looked, I came across the 55F7100, without the "U". According to the guy, the non "U" version will not have the warranty. And he can "let me have" the "U" model for 1419.00, shipped. I am a bit skeptical. I looked around on Amazon and J&R, their final price comes to around 1465, with White Glove shipping.

So, why am here? I am here to find out if there is such thing as F7100 and F7100U in Samsung TV? And if there is, anyone ever bought an "imported" model Samsung. If so, any issues? Differences? Problems with warranty?

If I have to pay 1400+, I will rather go with Amazon.com, because, one, its Amazon, I trust them more and I have been there customers for at least a decade, and two, they are authorized Samsung dealer, so there wont be any warranty issue later on.

Thank you all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-17-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I'm going to give you the best advice I can - buy the right model from Amazon, Best Buy, or any other AUTHORIZED Samsung retailer, and that would not include Abe's of Maine or any of the very similar places like East Coast TV, Audio Video Nation, Big Box Superstore, or others that seem to offer unbeatable prices then resort to bait-and-switch, mandatory "shipping insurance" and other questionable practices.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-18-2014, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs down Sharp LC 80UQ17U @ Abe's of Maine, TVSuperStore,EastCoastTV, BigBoxSuperstore, etc...

I had a similar bait-and-switch when trying to purchase a Sharp LC 80UQ17U @ Abe's of Maine. They tried to tell me the model they were advertising was an import model that could not have the software updated. I put my order on hold, then called Sharp to question the difference between the "Import" model and the US model . Sharp said they did not have different models--Abe's of Main made up that model number. When I called Abe's back to question them, they now said the "Import" model did not come with a warranty.

Abe's uses two different SKUs; "SHLC80UQ17" for the "Import" and "SHLC80UQ17US" for the US version. Both show the same Sharp part number "LC80UQ17U" -- which is the only part number that Sharp recognized. I CANCELLED THE ORDER.

When I tried TVSuperstores.com with an older Sharp LC-80LE844U model, they tried to up-sell me a totally made up version with some "ultra-black" board added to it. Interestingly, the model number was exactly the same. Sharp did not have a model like this either. I CANCELLED THE ORDER.

After I cancelled the first order with TVSuperstores.com, I tried to buy the Sharp LC 80UQ17U, suddenly this model was out of stock. I CANCELLED THE ORDER TOO.

When I tried to buy the Sharp LC 80UQ17U at BigBoxSuperStore.com they called me back and tried to make me buy $240 of Insurance. I CANCELLED THE ORDER.

When I tried to buy the Sharp LC 80UQ17U at EastCoastTVs.com, they called me back and said they could not provide their free shipping to DALLAS, TX. Huh???? I CANCELLED THE ORDER.

When I tried to buy the Sharp LC 80UQ17U at BuySquad.com they tried to add shipping insurance. I CANCELLED THE ORDER.

When I tried to buy the Sharp LC 80UQ17U with "Free Shipping" at 2020PC.com they sent me an email a few days later stating my order was cancelled because it was incomplete. Huh???

The result is all of these companies try "Bait-and-Switch" or fraudulant sales tactics.

To all TV Sales companies out there:

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A Sharp LC 80UQ17U at the lowest price, no tax, free delivery to my doorstep, full US warranty. I will take a refurb too.

Best deal without the bull$h!t gets my business.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 171
How about just buying from Amazon? You get what you pay for.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - F7100 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page