My Review Of The Changhong 50" 1080p LED HDTV - LED50YC2000UA - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2014, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I Bought This From NewEgg For $399.00 + Free Shipping. I Was Skeptical At First Because Of Some Bad Reviews Concerning Green Cast, & Remote Problems.
I Have To Say That Setting My Onkyo To 1080p Output & Setting The TV In Movie Mode Yielded An Absolutely Stunning Picture !!
!'ve Had It 5 Weeks, & So Far None Of The Problems In The NewEgg Reviews Have Surfaced !!

I'd Say It's A Buy If You Don't Require A Larger Screen !!! smile.gifsmile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTerryH View Post
I Bought This From NewEgg For $399.00 + Free Shipping. I Was Skeptical At First Because Of Some Bad Reviews Concerning Green Cast, & Remote Problems.
I Have To Say That Setting My Onkyo To 1080p Output & Setting The TV In Movie Mode Yielded An Absolutely Stunning Picture !!
!'ve Had It 5 Weeks, & So Far None Of The Problems In The NewEgg Reviews Have Surfaced !!

I'd Say It's A Buy If You Don't Require A Larger Screen !!!
hello, i just bought this tv yesterday for my bedroom. got it on sale for 324 shipped, which i thought was excellent. do you still have this set? if so, how has it held up?

"The further I get from the things that I care about, the less I care about how much further away I get."
post #3 of 6 Old Today, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Smile Updated Review

The 1st One Lasted About 4 Months, Then The Whole Screen Started Turning Green. NewEgg Wouldn't Replace It Because It Was Past The 30 Days. However They Gave Me The Contact Info For The Factory Service People In Ca. I Had To Buy A Special Shipping Box For $55.00, And Pay FedEx $127.00 To Ship It Back. The Service Co. Tested It, Said They Couldn't Find Anything Wrong. They Then Mis-Packed It In My Return Box, And When I Got It Back The Screen Was Smashed !! Called Them Right Away, And To Their Credit They Shipped Me A Whole NEW TV At No Charge. I Got It 3 Days Later, And Returned The Broken On (At Their Expense), Set Up The New One And It Has Now Been Great, Since, NO Problems !!!!

Last edited by MacTerryH; Today at 04:54 AM.
post #4 of 6 Old Today, 06:43 AM

Quote:
The 1st One Lasted About 4 Months, Then The Whole Screen Started Turning Green. NewEgg Wouldn't Replace It Because It Was Past The 30 Days. However They Gave Me The Contact Info For The Factory Service People In Ca. I Had To Buy A Special Shipping Box For $55.00, And Pay FedEx $127.00 To Ship It Back. The Service Co. Tested It, Said They Couldn't Find Anything Wrong. They Then Mis-Packed It In My Return Box, And When I Got It Back The Screen Was Smashed !! Called Them Right Away, And To Their Credit They Shipped Me A Whole NEW TV At No Charge. I Got It 3 Days Later, And Returned The Broken On (At Their Expense), Set Up The New One And It Has Now Been Great, Since, NO Problems !!!!
ouch..... i sure hope mine is from the second batch. that's crazy though. would you mind posting what picture settings you ended up using?

"The further I get from the things that I care about, the less I care about how much further away I get."
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Smile Settings

I Forget If They Call It "Movie" Or "Cinema" I Set It For That, Did NOT Touch Anything Else !
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I Forget If They Call It "Movie" Or "Cinema" I Set It For That, Did NOT Touch Anything Else !
right on.. thanks! mine should be here monday...got my fingers crossed. lol

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page