New Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U pictures settings? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 04-27-2014, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guy's I just bought a new Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U and I'm having some trouble with the settings. I don't know if I need to give it some time to "break In" but I think it looks kinda grainy. I already try every mode: Custom, Cinema, Home Theater, Standard and Vivid and I still don't find a sweet spot.

Someone here with probably more knowledge than me can help me with some settings? I should give the TV some time to break in?

Thank you guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-28-2014, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Nobody?
post #3 of 9 Old 04-28-2014, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been looking into this TV for the past week. It was set right next to the Samsung UN60f800 which runs for 2,499.00 and the Panasonic beat it hands down. The colors were more true to life and accurate. The whites were really white. If your set is grainy it might be the source from where your receiving the singnal. If I were you I would contact the cable company to set it up or try to get assistance from the Panasonic customer service number. I'll be getting this TV tomorrow. Good luck I hope you resolve your TV issue.
post #4 of 9 Old 04-28-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Get a calibration disk, either the free AVS HD709 one or a commercial disk like WoW, Spears & Munsil etc and adjust the settings yourself according to your viewing environment and the patterns on the disk. That won't calibrate your tv but can definitely improve pq depending on how far off your tv is. Using posted settings can be an exercise in futility sometimes because of the inherent component tolerance differences from tv to tv, even the exact same model and build. A grainy picture can indeed be the source so you should contact your pay-tv service as suggested. Don't expect the mfr to help you with adjusting your tv pq other than pointing you to the manual and telling you to tweak to taste.

You can always purchase a calibrated light meter and associated software and calibrate yourself (steep learning curve) or pay for a professional calibration.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-28-2014, 05:43 PM

Has anyone seen the TC-xxAS650U model? Even Panasonic's website doesn't provide "Compare" specs for this model.I'm wondering if there are any picture or feature upgrades worth the extra bucks.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-01-2014, 05:16 AM

I just bought a TC-60AS530U and it seems no matter what I turn off, I still see a little of the soap opera effect.

Any help?

post #7 of 9 Old 07-10-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgeecolina View Post
Guy's I just bought a new Panasonic Viera TC-60AS530U and I'm having some trouble with the settings. I don't know if I need to give it some time to "break In" but I think it looks kinda grainy. I already try every mode: Custom, Cinema, Home Theater, Standard and Vivid and I still don't find a sweet spot.

Someone here with probably more knowledge than me can help me with some settings? I should give the TV some time to break in?

Thank you guys!
I came here seeking the same thing. My panny plasma died so I had to buy a new tv. Back when I bought that plasma in 07 I used the settings posted by others here. I guess LCD screens are different? I assumed settings would be an easy thing to find.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-10-2014, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds5x8 View Post
I came here seeking the same thing. My panny plasma died so I had to buy a new tv. Back when I bought that plasma in 07 I used the settings posted by others here. I guess LCD screens are different? I assumed settings would be an easy thing to find.
Component tolerances are the issue, not necessarily the panel types. There are no "universal" settings that transfer easily from tv to tv, even within the exact same model line and build. Using someone else's settings may work, but even if they come from a properly calibrated tv that doesn't mean that your tv is calibrated. Because of those component tolerances, what looks great on one tv may look like crap on yours. If you can't "borrow" settings from someone that you are happy with then you have two choices. Either get a calibration disk like Wow, Spears & Munsil, or the free AVS HD709 and adjust your settings yourself. That may be all you need. If not, then you'll have to pay for a professional calibration, or learn how to do it yourself.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone's 'Amazon Instant Video' app work? I have added and removed it twice over the last 2 months and it still says:

"Amazon is working hard to update the Amazon Instant Video app
with an improved user experience.
The app will automatically update when available.:"

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

Last edited by E55 KEV; 07-11-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page