Now deciding between Sammy F9000 vs HU8550 vs Sony XBR65X850A - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-02-2014, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Originally bought 65" Samsung F9000 but had to get it exchanged due to a row of poorly lit pixels approx 4 pixels wide along the right side border of the screen which almost looks like a shadow from the bezel which is more obvious in bright scenes. Now the new panel has the same problem on the left side along with an adjacent pixel that seems out of alignment that you can see at certain angles. It almost looks like the panel is not aligned properly with the bezel. Talked to manager at BB. I have the option of exchanging it for Samsung HU8550 or Sony XBR65X850A or wait for another Samsung F9000. I don't know if I want to take another chance on F9000 being not good out of the box. Wondering how the Sony & Samsung compare with regards to panel quality out of the box as well as overall picture quality& black levels. Need to make decision by Saturday. Sony comes with the 4k media player for free but for me that is not a deciding factor. Thanks in advance for the input. & advice.

Vinod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk View Post
Originally bought 65" Samsung F9000 but had to get it exchanged due to a row of poorly lit pixels approx 4 pixels wide along the right side border of the screen which almost looks like a shadow from the bezel which is more obvious in bright scenes. Now the new panel has the same problem on the left side along with an adjacent pixel that seems out of alignment that you can see at certain angles. It almost looks like the panel is not aligned properly with the bezel. Talked to manager at BB. I have the option of exchanging it for Samsung HU8550 or Sony XBR65X850A or wait for another Samsung F9000. I don't know if I want to take another chance on F9000 being not good out of the box. Wondering how the Sony & Samsung compare with regards to panel quality out of the box as well as overall picture quality& black levels. Need to make decision by Saturday. Sony comes with the 4k media player for free but for me that is not a deciding factor. Thanks in advance for the input. & advice.
Just curious - what did you end up deciding?
I am sort of in the similar situation...could use your help...
Old 08-12-2014, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In the same boat here. At this point I am going to wait to see what the P series has to offer before I buy.