Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 484 Old 08-04-2014, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Hi Steve:

Welcome. No problem with blowing off creative steam. Keep it coming. All I'll do is clarify a few minor details. I'm sure we all would like LG to do exactly what you want. I gather you bought a 9650 very recently, so I think you knew what you were getting into. I did computer graphics hardware technical marketing for 8 years for a well known PC peripherals manufacturer, so you and I are coming from similar backgrounds. I got to play with all the new video cards 6 or so months before launch and assist the engineers in making sure they actually did what they were supposed to, complete the actual launch and monitor issues post-launch. It was fun until the economic downturn killed that job and most of the company.

Sure, it would be nice if the HDMI 2.0 upgrade were free or cheaper. Samsung and others have done similar hardware upgrades, and they had similar costs. Note that the ~$400 estimate INCLUDES installation. I'm guessing it's not a minor peripheral board. I'm hoping it includes a central processor upgrade to provide more power for doing higher bitrate decoding. All indications are that it is coming this month, a month earlier than we expected. Yes, LG has not done an official press release and has customer service agents who don't know up from down and don't know when to shut up. Regardless, I'm not expecting a press release unless LG wants to toot its horn over fulfilling a "promise" made in all the 9650/9700 product literature, but such a press release certainly would not come before the product is available.

You can use the existing HDMI input for 4K content. The limitation is that it is 30Hz max. Since most film is 24Hz, you could view a lot of content if there were any, not just watered down stuff. The HDMI 2.0 upgrade is NOT going to increase the amount of content you can watch other than a few 60Hz clips you can download from the Web. Most of those are available at 30Hz too. 30Hz works just fine. I installed a graphics card capable of 4K in my desktop PC. It works fine for viewing all kinds of 4K clips from the Web via HDMI. The only relevant source of full length 4K content, and it is limited to a few TV shows, is Netflix, and for that we need updated H.265 and Netflix app. In theory, I believe that could have been implemented, but perhaps the hardware upgrade is tied in some other way.

You got a nice deal. None of the LA9650s, even ones manufactured recently, have HDMI 2.0, even though LG's infamous customer service agents seem to think otherwise. Only the new UB 2014 model years sets have 2.0.

Anyway, keep blasting away at LG, the industry and this particular TV. There's plenty to complain about. It remains to be seen how the whole 4K phenomenon will pan out. We early adopters usually suffer greatly for jumping in early on new developments, but for me that's not enough to keep me from the bleeding edge.

Last edited by Bill Ball; 08-04-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 484 Old 08-04-2014, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello !
I think we need to get clear on some questions. What is True and what is false.
For example:
Have some models hdmi 2.0 = True or false or ?
So If any one have the correct answers on importent questions etc please make some sense to this "mess" :-)
post #333 of 484 Old 08-04-2014, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Only LB/UB models have hdmi 2.0
All LA 965/970 have hdmi 1.4
That's all
post #334 of 484 Old 08-04-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba08 View Post
Hello !
I think we need to get clear on some questions. What is True and what is false.
For example:
Have some models hdmi 2.0 = True or false or ?
So If any one have the correct answers on importent questions etc please make some sense to this "mess" :-)
Let's just put it this way. NO ONE here with a LA9650 or LA9700 built in 2014 has shown that it has HDMI 2.0. It's not that easy to demonstrate unless you own an HDMI 2.0 testing tool or have some other way of feeding it a 60Hz 4K signal. Some of the customer service agents seem to think LA9650s built after some date early in 2014, determined by the serial number, do have HDMI 2.0, but that has never been verified or demonstrated by anyone. None of the other 2014 features, such as Netflix 4K support, are available in any recently manufactured LA9650 or LA9700. The documentation on LG's website makes no mention of HDMI 2.0 in any products except in the owners manuals for the 2014 UB models where they show 4K 60Hz support. They don't call out HDMI 2.0. One reason you may never see HDMI 2.0 spelled out directly in an specs is that the standard criteria are not 100% clear. There are various modes that are part of the HDMI 2.0 spec and you probably won't get all of them.
HDMI 2.0 - or NOT HDMI 2.0... or HDMI 2.0 "lite"...

Last edited by Bill Ball; 08-04-2014 at 07:34 PM.
post #335 of 484 Old 08-04-2014, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ball View Post
Hi Steve:

Sure, it would be nice if the HDMI 2.0 upgrade were free or cheaper. Samsung and others have done similar hardware upgrades, and they had similar costs. Note that the ~$400 estimate INCLUDES installation. I'm guessing it's not a minor peripheral board. I'm hoping it includes a central processor upgrade to provide more power for doing higher bitrate decoding.
Hey thanks for the warm welcome..Prof. Bill Ball.

I hear yeah, I lost houses, 401K and engagement rings in the 911 and .COM erra. haha I love graphic arts, advertising, marketing and do restoration for a living today in Savannah, Georgia. You know marketing my own business...in survival of the fittest.

LG really should give us the True 4K Engine Pro upgrade or something, along with the $400 HDMI 2.0 or an upgrade package of $500 with extra goodies. I was studying all the LG tv's and really liked their 55" 4K's. But...I went to Best Buy and thought anything 55" was way to small. haha Spending the extra dough, for 10 more inches..."Bigger, Bigger, Better" is way more superior, even if have to eat mac and cheese for 6 months. Lol

But...the True 4K Engine Pro vs. True 4K Engine upscale is lots of marketing hype and confusing to the consumer. They say...it up-scales blu rays to 4K quality, but really the PRO is just another newer version of the upscale processor. Really this 4K stuff, makes everything look like a plastic or SOAP Opera filming. So, I opted for the less shiney, plastic feel.....less SOAP OPERA feel. Lol That seems what the 65LA9650 should deliver with out the True 4K Engine Pro. The new REAL 3D DIGITAL Transformer Movie was great, with more gainy effects. When saw it on a Samsung, 4K huge TV @ Best BUY....it was way to clear, to crisp and looked like some of the super high res animations, for video games on STEAM. Just saying....to shiny, to crisp is not the big enchilado Amigo. I think...the 65LA9650 should do everyone just fine and the best out there....for the price. Just relax with chips and salsa and Enjoy the SHOW! haha

Best Buy had a huge Sony display, with 80 inch tv and I had them play their upscaling deal, off a Blu Ray file....and it just seemed, like your were filming with a SONY CAM and way to crisp and clear. Which made the actors, look like their onstage with actors from GLEE. I think a lil grainy effect, is a lil better and don't really need the True 4K Engine Pro GLEE effects. Lol

Baaah Hum Bug... haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Evil Dead 2 by Jason Edmiston.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	196785  
post #336 of 484 Old 08-04-2014, 05:33 PM

3D 4K up-scaling with lil grainy effects is good. Like this crazy, fan made ROAD WARRIOR poster, that should be the real deal in high res/grainy effects today. I really can't wait to watch "The Road Warrior" on my LG 65LA9650 soon enough. Probably only thing missing is the Australian mutt dog, sitting next to MAD MAX.

post #337 of 484 Old 08-04-2014, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just remembered I have Road Warrior "widescreen" on DVD. Popped it in. Great movie, of course. No amount of scaling makes that grainy, low-res original look overly sharp and slick.
SavannahGa likes this.
post #338 of 484 Old 08-04-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I just remembered I have Road Warrior "widescreen" on DVD. Popped it in. Great movie, of course. No amount of scaling makes that grainy, low-res original look overly sharp and slick.
They have a new MAD MAX movie coming soon. I really hate to know about it and stuff or watch trailers to ruin it all. I was looking at movie posters yesterday, and was looking for something like this "ROAD WARRIOR" poster above. I could not find it anything good, just this stupid poster for the movie. 8( Then all of a sudden....waaaah la....I foudbest fan made...movie poster ever. Mad Max...looks great holding the shot gun, with his nitro car.

It's great their finally coming out with another movie. Maybe it will be 3D and great watching body parts fly across the screen, on the LG LA9650. haha

post #339 of 484 Old 08-05-2014, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got my 65 late last week and really like it so far (as does the wife). Reading this thread definitely helped me make the decision to buy it so thanks to everyone.

I see the banding but can live with it. I got this set for about the same price of an LG 65 1080p so cannot complain. The 4K sets resolve the main issue I have with 1080p passive 3D sets, the horizontal line structure that can even be seen when watching 2D with no passive glasses if close enough. At my viewing distance of 9 feet, I see no horizontal lines in 2D and 3D so super happy with that. I can move several feet closer than that and still can't see the horizontal lines.

I have not played around with the settings much so far. I actually think it looks pretty good right off the truck. However, one thing I quickly noticed that is driving me crazy is the ESPN ticker stutters badly whenever there is fast motion in the main part of the content. My 1080p LG does not do that so I thought it might be the 4k upscaler. However, switching to GAME mode completely cures this issue, but not sure I want to use GAME mode all the time. Does anyone know if there is a single setting that can be adjusted to cure the stutter? I can go one setting at a time to try to find it but if somebody has the answer, that would save me some trouble. I did try the TruMotion setting in OFF in other modes, like it is in GAME, and that did not help. I'm wondering if GAME mode has a setting that solves this issue but has to be accessed through the "expert control" option that is not available to the user in GAME mode (and therefore I can't actuallly see what the setting is when in GAME mode).

Thoughts?
post #340 of 484 Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 AM

Wow....everyone is going to kill me or nuke my house.

Dear mrsale$,

We tried to reach you regarding this order, what is the best contact # to reach you at? We had a delay in our incoming shipment of this model and we were going to see if you were interested in a free upgrade to the 65UB9500 for the same price?

- lincoln_premier

My LG 65LA9650 was out of stock, already sent the PAY PAL on Sunday evening. The EBAY seller told me, the LG 65LA9650 is being discontinued.

The link of my 65LA9650 on my ebay purchase for $1999, was upgraded to a 65UB9500 with 4 slots for HDMI 2.0/ HEVC Decoder and Tru-4K Engine Pro. He said something about COMCAST needs this for sending true codex, blah, blah. Sorry about the confusion on your order and we're still honoring, the $1999 price. When I am seeing them for $2600 to $2900.

My auction purchase was noted, a few posts up. However, the auction is still listed....if anyone wants to take the gamble. Lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151368444343...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
post #341 of 484 Old 08-06-2014, 04:44 AM

Liked: 12
Sounds lucky but no way I could make a purchase like this on eBay from such a low rated source.
post #342 of 484 Old 08-06-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignam View Post
Sounds lucky but no way I could make a purchase like this on eBay from such a low rated source.

They had only one complaint and at 98% positive on Friday and sold lots of TV's, with positive feedback. We shall see.... talked to them a few times and their sending invoice. Either, they send the product or Ebay shuts them down and full refund with PAYPAL. Not worried!

We shall see...
post #343 of 484 Old 08-06-2014, 06:32 PM

Shows as 88% now with 2 complaints just in the last week. And a limited history overall. I wish you the best of luck, braver than me..
post #344 of 484 Old 08-06-2014, 08:31 PM

Lightbulb Jumping the GUN, ain't no FUN!

Quote:
Shows as 88% now with 2 complaints just in the last week. And a limited history overall. I wish you the best of luck, braver than me..

That is the tracking number, from the national trucking company! I posted the link, cause of what they did for me...for an out of stock item. The other guy, complains....their selling stuff, they don't have in stock. Jumping the GUN, ain't no FUN!

There is lots of positive comments too for this seller. They were really nice, took my complaints, listened to me...and corrected my concerns with an "UPGRADE" from a 65LA9650 to a 65UB9500 with HDMI 2.0 and saving me about $600 to $1000 in upgrade fees.
  • Tru-4K Engine Pro
  • HEVC Decoder

If you read back, I am excited about my 65LA9650 that I ordered and wondering about the future upgrades and costs. I do lots of marketing research, for that is my back ground. So, I pass the info on to everyone else. 8) Maybe if the guy, would of not posted negative feedback....they would of corrected the issue, with a upgrade.

Jumping the GUN, ain't no FUN!

Note: I attached both these files, into my EBAY transaction and his emails, within ebay. Where his telling me, on EBAY servers... his going to upgrade everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LG tracking.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	200737   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140806_164445.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	200745  

Last edited by SavannahGa; 08-06-2014 at 08:40 PM.
post #345 of 484 Old 08-06-2014, 08:57 PM

And now for something completely different...

post #346 of 484 Old 08-07-2014, 04:30 AM

Any issues with a low profile or ultra slim(whatever you want to call it) mount with the 65"?
post #347 of 484 Old 08-07-2014, 05:36 AM

Hello !
My tv was delivered yesterday and my serial nr: starts with 407, is this tv manufacured in july ? i ordered the tv 28 of july so it is very fresh if so :-)
I have played a 4k movie downloaded from youtube with 4k downloader = 60 fps 3840x2160 AAC H.264 and it looks fantastic.

//Bengt
post #348 of 484 Old 08-07-2014, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJH View Post
I thought that I would go over a few tips for downloading 4K video from You Tube. If you just download the video without following these instructions you will wind up with the default setting of 480p. First while selecting your resolution under Settings in the pull down menu select the 2160p 4K setting. Then in the app 4K Video Downloader select Smart Mode and select Original under Quality. That will tell Video Downloader that you want the You Tube video to be in 4K. Watch out even though they are a few minutes in length they will still be around 500 MB's.
Rich

P.S. - Link to 4K Video Downloader, http://www.4kdownload.com/products/p...ideodownloader
Hey Rich, Bill and rest of the crew:

I finally had my entertainment unit installed and my 9650 is up on the wall. Bill, I used your settings, thanks!
I'm trying to check out the amazing 4k but am not sure how to properly download the 4k video downloader. Do I need to have my TV connected to a computer to do this?? When I try to do it from the TV it tells me it cant download the file format. So how do I properly do this??
Thanks!
post #349 of 484 Old 08-08-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey44 View Post
Hey Rich, Bill and rest of the crew:

I finally had my entertainment unit installed and my 9650 is up on the wall. Bill, I used your settings, thanks!
I'm trying to check out the amazing 4k but am not sure how to properly download the 4k video downloader. Do I need to have my TV connected to a computer to do this?? When I try to do it from the TV it tells me it cant download the file format. So how do I properly do this??
Thanks!
You need to download it to your computer and install it, when you have downloade a 4k movie you need to put it on a usb stick or harddrive.

//Bengt
post #350 of 484 Old 08-08-2014, 01:21 PM

I just purchased this for my LG 65" for $85.00 and free ship.

Swivel 32-37-42-46-50-52-60-65 LCD LED Plasma TV Wall Mount Full Motion Tilt m09
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170891292865?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This seems pretty nice, because it has a 6 degree level adjustment (left/right) for fine tuning at the end.
Specification
  • Fits most: 32"~65", some LED up to 70" TV
  • VESA compliant: 200x100mm(8"x4") up to 684x400mm(27"x16")
  • Supports: 165 lbs
  • Tilt: +/-15º
  • Swivel: 160º
  • Rotate: +/-6º
  • Maximum extension: 25"
  • Mount studs: 17.5"
post #351 of 484 Old 08-08-2014, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
You need to download it to your computer and install it, when you have downloade a 4k movie you need to put it on a usb stick or harddrive.

//Bengt
Hi,
Thanks for the lesson; I was able to do it and enjoyed watching fireworks over dubai....a two minute clip....it looked amazing. When will we be able to enjoy the 4k without having to use a flash drive, etc??
One issue I've had the last couple days involves the 9650 along with my AT&T Uverse service. Whenever I switch from the tv portion to the smart tv and then back again to regular tv, Uverse loses the signal and I'm forced to reboot the cable box. It's very annoying. Anybody know why this keeps happening??
Thanks as always guys!
post #352 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
After a lot of testing and calibration i found these settings to be my choice for movie-watching, usually in a darker room. I haven´t got into the advanced color-settings yet (adjustment of the red/blue/yellow/cyan/magenta separately), but I think you need professional tools to get that right. Anyone got hardware for calibration?

Energy savings Off
Picture mode: Movie
Backlight 30 (80 when watching TV at daytime)
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 40 (50 when watching TV at daytime)
Sharpness: 30
Color: 52
Tint: 0

EXPERT CONTROL
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancer: Off
Gamma 2.2

White Balance
Color Temp: Warm1
Method: 2 Points
Red: 0
Green: 0
Blue: 0

PICTURE OPTIONS
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
LED Local Dimming: Low
TruMotion: USER De-Judder 10, De-Blur 10 (I'm all right with the soap-opera-effect, viewing panorama-views are instead awesome!)

Aspect ratio: Just scan/Whole picture
SavannahGa likes this.
post #353 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 06:45 AM

When do you get your tv Savannahga? I am very interested to see how this turns out for you.
SavannahGa likes this.
post #354 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 08:57 AM

Appointment set 8/16 but delivery 8/11

Quote:
When do you get your tv Savannahga? I am very interested to see how this turns out for you.

I opened a photo bucket account with 2 FREE GIGS, you guys. If you attach it to your smart phone, you get 10 GIGS total free space and easy to use. My photos are being supplied by PHOTOBUCKET. Just saying....

It looks like someone set the appointment today, with wrong appointment set date on 8/16. But, delivery date says....8/11. I am uploading, this appointment stuff from the trucking company...to my EBAY email thread with the SELLER. Where the EBAY seller... offered me a LG 65UB9500 to replace my discontinued 65LA9560. Per his conversation with me, after my 65LA9560 purchase.

PS; I don't know why the weight is 200lbs. Maybe their sending the 65LA9560 and the LGUB9500 shrink wrapped together. hehe

post #355 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezay View Post
After a lot of testing and calibration i found these settings to be my choice for movie-watching, usually in a darker room. I haven´t got into the advanced color-settings yet (adjustment of the red/blue/yellow/cyan/magenta separately), but I think you need professional tools to get that right. Anyone got hardware for calibration?

Energy savings Off
Picture mode: Movie
Backlight 30 (80 when watching TV at daytime)
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 40 (50 when watching TV at daytime)
Sharpness: 30
Color: 52
Tint: 0

EXPERT CONTROL
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancer: Off
Gamma 2.2

White Balance
Color Temp: Warm1
Method: 2 Points
Red: 0
Green: 0
Blue: 0

PICTURE OPTIONS
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
LED Local Dimming: Low
TruMotion: USER De-Judder 10, De-Blur 10 (I'm all right with the soap-opera-effect, viewing panorama-views are instead awesome!)

Aspect ratio: Just scan/Whole picture
Settings are close to mine. Only one I think is probably noticeably off is brightness 40. You should lose shadow detail at that setting as close to black is crushed black. 48-50 always tests right for me. You can test that with a test disc without a meter. Something like Disney WoW, Spears and Munsil or the AVSForum HD709. These will do contrast, brightness, color, tint and sharpness. No other hardware needed. Sharpness 30 is going to introduce some false edges and anomalies in fine detail. My testing shows 10-15 max before it starts to screw things up. With a meter you can do white balance and color management, but it's a lot of fiddling for little gain in most cases, and I don't trust the inexpensive meters.

Also, I did the same with the backlight (30-35 dark, 75 or so daylight). Now I just leave it 35 all the time, and I have a fairly bright room in the daytime (lots of windows). Looks good to me. Doesn't seem to need the extra backlighting in daytime.

Enjoy.
post #356 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I knew it was only a matter of time before Sony released their 4K library on the PS4. They will download overnight and be over 100GB's. I have already prepared a 4TB USB 3.0 drive which is just waiting.
Rich

Today Nilay Patel of [Register or Login to view links] spoke to Sony Electronics President and Chief Operating Officer Phil Molyneux who confirmed in the interview that Sony's 4K movie service will be hitting PS4 / PlayStation 4 and require 100GB-plus downloads!

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-4...#ixzz39uuk1qkE
Chuvy likes this.
post #357 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Settings are close to mine. Only one I think is probably noticeably off is brightness 40. You should lose shadow detail at that setting as close to black is crushed black. 48-50 always tests right for me. You can test that with a test disc without a meter. Something like Disney WoW, Spears and Munsil or the AVSForum HD709. These will do contrast, brightness, color, tint and sharpness. No other hardware needed. Sharpness 30 is going to introduce some false edges and anomalies in fine detail. My testing shows 10-15 max before it starts to screw things up. With a meter you can do white balance and color management, but it's a lot of fiddling for little gain in most cases, and I don't trust the inexpensive meters.

Also, I did the same with the backlight (30-35 dark, 75 or so daylight). Now I just leave it 35 all the time, and I have a fairly bright room in the daytime (lots of windows). Looks good to me. Doesn't seem to need the extra backlighting in daytime.

Enjoy.

This is Patrick Norton from the old G4TV days with LEo Laport (the video is not LEO). This HD NATION show is just like the old days (with a LEO replacement). They talk about so much great tech stuff, I love it!!

Their talking about lots of calibration stuff, disks and stuff from AVS FORUMS and the DISNEY WOW disk.

Note: when posting video's, copy the very top browser link (/watch?v=9iqWMmZaBL4), in the add link ICON.

Last edited by SavannahGa; 08-09-2014 at 10:50 AM.
post #358 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 12:37 PM

One question.
When i use the LG youtube app do i get the same quality as i get from the 4k downloader? it looks fantastic
In the youtube app.

//Bengt
post #359 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Mikey,
Follow these directions,
http://www.4kdownload.com/howto/howto-download-4k-video

For 4K content do a search for Jacob and Katie Schwarz on YouTube. Once you understand how simple it is you will be quickly downloading dozens of 4K shorts. I put mine on a 128GB 3.0 USB flash drive.
Rich
post #360 of 484 Old 08-09-2014, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
One question.
When i use the LG youtube app do i get the same quality as i get from the 4k downloader? it looks fantastic
In the youtube app.

//Bengt
The Android youtube apps are limited to 720P. Ours MIGHT be 1080P, but I'm pretty sure it's not 4K. There's no resolution setting or read out, and it's hard to tell. I had to play the 4K Birds of Prey file on Youtube then from my flash drive several times before I was sure. There's a section beginning at 0:50 where the hairs standing out on the edge of the owl's face are clearer on the downloaded 4K file while you can see aliasing on the Youtube stream. It's still remarkable that Youtube can stream such a fine looking video image. And I can't be absolutely sure that it actually isn't 4K just suffering from some streaming compression. The upscaling that the 9650 does at all times obscures the issue. Still, I think the downloaded 4K file, which the TV does show to be 3840x2160, is sharper, at least if you stand 2 feet away from the screen like I did to make this determination.

But, see my next post...

Last edited by Bill Ball; 08-09-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
lg 55la9700 , lg 84lm9600 , lg la6500
Gear in this thread - la6500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page