2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack - Page 36 - AVS Forum
First ... 34  35  36 37  38  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > 2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack
wookiee2cu's Avatar wookiee2cu 11:29 AM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by what-now View Post
Wow..were you pleased with the picture quality of 1080 such as dtv before the new box? (uniformity, contrast,color, movement)?? I just want the best picture for the money. I got it $700 cheaper than the 8550(us). If I need to wait for the firmware to be sorted, fine. My worry is i don't know what i'm going to be stuck with In the end.before and after update. Buyers remorse is a nightmare. I'm hoping to Simply Enjoy the deal I got. And move on. Maybe move on to the curve when its price falls.
I wouldn't be remorseful of the purchase, I have the 55" F9000 and love it. The clarity on HD channels is excellent and BluRay movies.... forget about it. Right now the only thing we are really missing out on is the 4K content from NetFlix (I haven't heard anything about Comcast, Amazon or any of the others that have an agreement with Samsung to stream 4K content this year) which sounds like it is pretty limited right now. It is annoying that the issues have occurred but it's a matter of time until they get it worked out, then we will have everything we were promised and expected and hopefully Samsung will learn from their mistakes this go around and prepare better next year.

what-now's Avatar what-now 12:21 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee2cu View Post
I wouldn't be remorseful of the purchase, I have the 55" F9000 and love it. The clarity on HD channels is excellent and BluRay movies.... forget about it. Right now the only thing we are really missing out on is the 4K content from NetFlix (I haven't heard anything about Comcast, Amazon or any of the others that have an agreement with Samsung to stream 4K content this year) which sounds like it is pretty limited right now. It is annoying that the issues have occurred but it's a matter of time until they get it worked out, then we will have everything we were promised and expected and hopefully Samsung will learn from their mistakes this go around and prepare better next year.
Too right! Thank you for the reasurance! I had a friend with the 8550 (that looked amazing) telling me I was making a mistake w/ the f9000 and its unknown update result. As long as the picture on hd chanels are as good as that, pre update, I'm happy! And will wait for a glitch fix before purchasing the 2014 box. I've read on here, it can actually IMPROVE picture quality... guess i'll believe that one when I see it cheers!
polderman's Avatar polderman 02:48 PM 06-13-2014
Are they already aware of this problem in South-Korea?
VibeFly 02:56 PM 06-13-2014
Thank God I found this forum. I felt alone going through all this hassle. Wish I would have found this sooner. It would have saved me time and headaches! I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.../fingers crossed. I do have a question however. The Best Buy rep I bought this TV from told me I should set both the Blur and Judder Reduction to max since I was getting a little bit of halo on people watching Blu-rays off my F9000. Does this sound right or wrong to anyone?
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 03:07 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by VibeFly View Post
Thank God I found this forum. I felt alone going through all this hassle. Wish I would have found this sooner. It would have saved me time and headaches! I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.../fingers crossed. I do have a question however. The Best Buy rep I bought this TV from told me I should set both the Blur and Judder Reduction to max since I was getting a little bit of halo on people watching Blu-rays off my F9000. Does this sound right or wrong to anyone?
I have Blur set to 10 and Judder set to 0 with LED Clear Motion off. No Halo on Blurays.
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 06:05 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Too right! Thank you for the reasurance! I had a friend with the 8550 (that looked amazing) telling me I was making a mistake w/ the f9000 and its unknown update result. As long as the picture on hd chanels are as good as that, pre update, I'm happy! And will wait for a glitch fix before purchasing the 2014 box. I've read on here, it can actually IMPROVE picture quality... guess i'll believe that one when I see it cheers!
I have the 55F9000 and had the new box with the messed up firmware. What few episodes of House of Cards in 4K was not an improvement. What really shines is the Samsung UHD Video Pack. That looks awesome on my 55" screen in REAL 4K! These are just the beginning at what this TV will do. The detail of those programs blew me away!! Too bad its only good on 4K content and not the 99% that is not 2160p.
atodzia's Avatar atodzia 06:12 PM 06-13-2014
As per another users comment I switched over all inputs to my OPPO 105D player and feed this to the SEK2500U forcing the OPPO to up sample everything to 4K. The TV picture looks great now that I have eliminated the new One Connect box from up sampling anything. Samsung really screwed up their up sampling routine with this firmware version. For now I will just use the One Connect for Samsung apps that have 4K content. I'll let the OPPO up sample everything else that is fed to the TV. It's good to have a temporary solution that is not a trade off. From reviews that I have read, the OPPO is indistinguishable from the Samsung in it's ability to up sample content to 4K and watching some Cable HD shows I had recorded they look just as good, if not better.
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 06:27 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by atodzia View Post
As per another users comment I switched over all inputs to my OPPO 105D player and feed this to the SEK2500U forcing the OPPO to up sample everything to 4K. The TV picture looks great now that I have eliminated the new One Connect box from up sampling anything. Samsung really screwed up their up sampling routine with this firmware version. For now I will just use the One Connect for Samsung apps that have 4K content. I'll let the OPPO up sample everything else that is fed to the TV. It's good to have a temporary solution that is not a trade off. From reviews that I have read, the OPPO is indistinguishable from the Samsung in it's ability to up sample content to 4K and watching some Cable HD shows I had recorded they look just as good, if not better.
I thought about going from a HDMI Out on the new one connect box into an HDMI In on my Oppo 103. I never saw a HDMI Out on the new one connect box. The only "Out" is on the One Connect Cable Output (and that must plug into the TV).
I am curious how you hooked up going through your Oppo blu ray. Because the blu ray player does an amazing job of upconverting blu rays and all its apps to 4K (3840x2160). This would make cable look really good going through the blu ray player from the one connect box.
atodzia's Avatar atodzia 06:43 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyindallas View Post
I thought about going from a HDMI Out on the new one connect box into an HDMI In on my Oppo 103. I never saw a HDMI Out on the new one connect box. The only "Out" is on the One Connect Cable Output (and that must plug into the TV).
I am curious how you hooked up going through your Oppo blu ray. Because the blu ray player does an amazing job of upconverting blu rays and all its apps to 4K (3840x2160). This would make cable look really good going through the blu ray player from the one connect box.

I have the 105D and it has an HDMI input on the rear and the front. I have my Comcast X1 cable HDMI out going into the rear and my Roku 2 HDMI (for Amazon and MGo) going into the front HDMI on the OPPO. You have to set 4k output on the OPPO to forced, instead of auto. Works great.
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 06:49 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
I have the 105D and it has an HDMI input on the rear and the front. I have my Comcast X1 cable HDMI out going into the rear and my Roku 2 HDMI (for Amazon and MGo) going into the front HDMI on the OPPO. You have to set 4k output on the OPPO to forced, instead of auto. Works great.
Great idea!! Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused. I will definitely do the same thing. Now it makes me want to get a Roku 3 for more apps!
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar Dr.Shankenstein 08:31 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Wookie has it right, no regrets. I too am waiting for the EVO kit to get worked out before taking the plunge. I love the PQ on this set inky blacks (for an LED),motion is fanastic, movies/gaming have never looked better and I am actually using the smart features as well (which I have never done).
what-now's Avatar what-now 11:47 PM 06-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post
Wookie has it right, no regrets. I too am waiting for the EVO kit to get worked out before taking the plunge. I love the PQ on this set inky blacks (for an LED),motion is fanastic, movies/gaming have never looked better and I am actually using the smart features as well (which I have never done).
Thanks! UpScaled Pq during everyday HD Dtv viewing was a big worry. Starting to get excited about it again. It was such a steal. Then came the "what did I get myself into!?" guilt that hit like a truck once I saw the mountain of nightmare picture quality stories. The Tv arrives in the a.m! I just want to enjoy the bloody thing! Not rush something that's clearly not ready for the big show YET!(I'm eye ballin' you sammsung!)
NazPattison's Avatar NazPattison 01:47 AM 06-14-2014
How are you guys feeding audio from the 2500 box to your receivers? I was using optical audio on the 2013 box but there's no optical on the 2014 Evo box. I've tried that thin audio out adapter splitting into AV cables and my receivers not picking it up.
matt2612's Avatar matt2612 02:30 AM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Do you hace 4K50p or 4K25p ?
thank you
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar Dr.Shankenstein 05:21 AM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Thanks! UpScaled Pq during everyday HD Dtv viewing was a big worry. Starting to get excited about it again. It was such a steal. Then came the "what did I get myself into!?" guilt that hit like a truck once I saw the mountain of nightmare picture quality stories. The Tv arrives in the a.m! I just want to enjoy the bloody thing! Not rush something that's clearly not ready for the big show YET!(I'm eye ballin' you sammsung!)
I game a bit and have went back to try some older games on the PS3,while few natively supported 1080p those that do are stunning. I am a huge fan of the Deadspace series (especially DS2) and they are mind blowingly beautiful. I have tried my usual torture test of material Prometheus, How to train your dragon and Pacific Rim all stunning.
rlb's Avatar rlb 05:21 AM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2612 View Post
Do you hace 4K50p or 4K25p ?
thank you
The OPPO will upsample 1080(30/24) to 2160(30/24) (4:4:4 or 4:2:2). It will upsample 1080(50/60) to 2160(50/60) (4:2:0).
rlb's Avatar rlb 05:34 AM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NazPattison View Post
How are you guys feeding audio from the 2500 box to your receivers? I was using optical audio on the 2013 box but there's no optical on the 2014 Evo box. I've tried that thin audio out adapter splitting into AV cables and my receivers not picking it up.

That's really surprising and it would be a major issue with me! Thought it was basically the same box that comes with the UH9000 (which has optical out). The only audio option would be ARC which can be a major pain and force me to upgrade my pre processor. Can others confirm this difference.

Edit: However, Crutchfield has a copy of the owner's manual which shows an optical digital output.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_305SEK2...t.html?tp=9484
wingizzmo's Avatar wingizzmo 06:01 AM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
That's really surprising and it would be a major issue with me! Thought it was basically the same box that comes with the UH9000 (which has optical out). The only audio option would be ARC which can be a major pain and force me to upgrade my pre processor. Can others confirm this difference.

Edit: However, Crutchfield has a copy of the owner's manual which shows an optical digital output.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_305SEK2...t.html?tp=9484
It does have an optical out that's how I feed my bose system!!!
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 07:55 AM 06-14-2014
Quote:
On the US SEK 2500U the optical out is on the side of the one connect box where the USB ports are. I am using it for audio to my audio/video receiver.
Hope that helps.
atodzia's Avatar atodzia 10:48 AM 06-14-2014
Has anyone who has the free demo Samsung UHD hard drive with the Grand Canyon and Coral Reef on it been able to play it on the new One Connect box. For me, it shows the UHD folder but doesn't show anything in the folder. I am guessing that the new one connect box does not recognize the Samsung UHD format that they were using last year to demo 4K content on these TVs.
atodzia's Avatar atodzia 10:54 AM 06-14-2014
I am using the new One Connect box now with all up sampling being done by my OPPO Blu-ray player. While testing this setup this morning I noticed that the Netflix app is gone, even though I have auto-update turned off. This one connect box is strange. I was able to watch some 4K material on Netflix with the new box and the 1125.4 firmware before. Was using the original one connect box for the last 2 weeks, and now the Netflix app is gone, like most other people, on the new one connect box. Very strange! At least I have Netflix on my OPPO but not the 4K category, which my OPPO will never display and was never supposed to.

Also, the software update menu option is now greyed out. Can someone in the US tell me if that option is now greyed out on your new one connect box.
rlb's Avatar rlb 11:45 AM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Has anyone who has the free demo Samsung UHD hard drive with the Grand Canyon and Coral Reef on it been able to play it on the new One Connect box. For me, it shows the UHD folder but doesn't show anything in the folder. I am guessing that the new one connect box does not recognize the Samsung UHD format that they were using last year to demo 4K content on these TVs.

If you look at the Evolution Kit Manual, the section on Installing the UHD Evolution Kit (items 3-5) specifically applies to converting those or similar demo files to a new format that will be recognized by the new one connect.
atodzia's Avatar atodzia 12:03 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Quote:

If you look at the Evolution Kit Manual, the section on Installing the UHD Evolution Kit (items 3-5) specifically applies to converting those or similar demo files to a new format that will be recognized by the new one connect.

Thanks. I'll have to find the manual. I am not sure where I put it.
VibeFly 12:07 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I have Blur set to 10 and Judder set to 0 with LED Clear Motion off. No Halo on Blurays.
Thanks! I'll try that tomorrow on my day off!
atodzia's Avatar atodzia 12:35 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Quote:

On my System menu option there is no "Update Recorded Programs" option. Are you located in the US?
rlb's Avatar rlb 12:54 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On my System menu option there is no "Update Recorded Programs" option. Are you located in the US?

Yes, but I don't actually have the new box yet. I was merely reading the Manual contained on the Samsung site. Hopefully, someone else will jump in and confirm the option is available on the updated software. For anyone who hasn't actually installed the new one connect box yet, they should obviously pay attention to the initial pop up window prior to the actual installation (assuming it's there per the instructions).
NazPattison's Avatar NazPattison 03:30 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyindallas View Post
Quote:
On the US SEK 2500U the optical out is on the side of the one connect box where the USB ports are. I am using it for audio to my audio/video receiver.
Hope that helps.
Ah on the side. D'oh. Yeah I only checked the back as that's where it was last time and where all the other inputs/outputs are. Problem solved. Thanks.
atodzia's Avatar atodzia 03:44 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
I am using the new One Connect box now with all up sampling being done by my OPPO Blu-ray player. While testing this setup this morning I noticed that the Netflix app is gone, even though I have auto-update turned off. This one connect box is strange. I was able to watch some 4K material on Netflix with the new box and the 1125.4 firmware before. Was using the original one connect box for the last 2 weeks, and now the Netflix app is gone, like most other people, on the new one connect box. Very strange! At least I have Netflix on my OPPO but not the 4K category, which my OPPO will never display and was never supposed to.

Also, the software update menu option is now greyed out. Can someone in the US tell me if that option is now greyed out on your new one connect box.

I stumbled upon the answer to getting the greyed out software update back again. I went into the emanual then exited out, then went back to that option and it wasn't greyed out. Set it back to Auto since I have the bad firmware (I hope the next version is not worse ).
polderman's Avatar polderman 05:22 PM 06-14-2014
I hardly can't wait for a version to fix the distroyed Samsung F9000 picture.
sjespers 09:29 PM 06-14-2014
After about 2 hours chatting with Samsung support I got a zipfile with the new firmware (T-FXP9AKUC 2005.3) but the instructions to install it from a USB disk don't work.

Does anyone know how to manually update the firmware from a USB stick? The update firmware function never looks at the USB stick and goes straight to online.

I'm pretty disappointed with Samsung. And I'm not even talking about their support. One of the support reps suggested I should disconnect the One COnnect box and do the update on my TV. I have a UN55-F9000... It doesn't do anything without a One Connect box but he kept insisting it does... Sigh...
First ... 34  35  36 37  38  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop