2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack - Page 45 - AVS Forum
First ... 43  44  45 46  47  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > 2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 01:59 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
The firmware will probably posted on US support site before it will be pushed to TVs OTA, so you can check there.
I am not too sure about that but maybe. The F9000 support page still has 2005.3 posted as most recent with a link to 2007 but we are already on 2101 (2013 One Connect box). HU9000 and HU8550 both have pretty recent updates on US site, 1125 for the HU9000, so I will keep an eye on those. It is going to be interesting to see where they post it, i.e. what device support page.

OutfieldDan's Avatar OutfieldDan 02:05 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
I'm not saying everyone should download and install firmware from Korean Samsung website, but let's list what we know this far:
Previous firmware update link was the same on US and Korean website (the link was to the same file on international server).
The firmware file from Korean site has the same product code and region code as US firmware.
You can not install wrong region firmware, it won't accept it.
Considering all that, to me this firmware is as much Korean as it is US. The fact that a link to this firmware is only posted on Korean website does not make it Korean.

About Netflix, it is missing on European firmware too, so it has nothing to do with firmware downloaded from Korean website.
I still have Netflix and I watched another episode of HOC last night in 4k. I never lost Netflix since my 2014 One Connect Upgrade about three weeks ago. The Korean software was installed about a week ago, with spectacular results. I have no idea why I seem to be the only one who has kept the Netflix app after the hardware upgrade. I watched Netflix extensively before the hardware upgrade and after for episodes of Breaking Bad every night. Now that I've watched all the episodes, I'm watching HOC 2nd season again. I have also watched some Amazon instant video (Homeland) this past week.
priuscat's Avatar priuscat 02:06 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyindallas View Post
Personally, I would wait. What if the US firmware fixes everything including Netflix? The people who have installed the Korean firmware may be SOL if they cannot overwrite the Korean firmware already installed. I would seriously think about waiting for a US firmware update just to be on the safe side. I have got my SEK 2500U on backorder from Samsung also. I have waited this long, a few weeks or months won't kill me.
"Curiosity killed the Cat".

IMHO the missing Netflix App. is probably not a firmware issue related to the SEK2500 but more related to the Samsung App. section. Why would Samsung issue their Korean firmware without a Netflix fix? Because it's a App issue, that's why.
3rdDayRocker's Avatar 3rdDayRocker 02:17 PM 06-23-2014
What's been assessed so far with US model Evo Kit...

It is already known from this thread that Korean firmware Ver. 1131.3 corrects all the original bugs in the 2014 Evo Kit.

A "Coming Soon" message for Netflix is displayed, clearly indicating it will be addable when ready.

Whether or not Korean firmware and US firmware is identical is likely but not confirmed. If they're the same, no issue for US owners. If they differ, it seems likely a new US version will replace an older Korean version. Not a guarantee though.

Personally, worst case scenario would be the hassle of exchanging the 2014 unit if it fails to function properly. If US firmware won't load or run properly, the unit is defective. Most sellers of this product would likely provide a product exchange if needed, without an investigative search into what firmware you may have installed, if any, prior to the US version. Vendors like Best Buy, PC Nation, Sparco, etc. simply ship defects back to the manufacturer.

Everyone has 2 options:
(1) Wait for Samsung US.
(2) Use the functional Korean firmware to make yours operational now...and use a different source for Netflix app if unavailable via Korean firmware.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...T-GFP9AKUC.zip
Attached: Netflix 4K coming soon.jpg (182.8 KB) 
CXENTE's Avatar CXENTE 02:33 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
Hopefully there is someone on this thread who has installed the 2014 UHD Kit, not downloaded the Korean software, and will let the rest of us know when the US software is ready to install. I can almost guarantee they will get a lot of "likes/thumbs up".


Riiight here!!! I have the US SEK-2500U-Az, I'm waiting on the US firmware..when it becomes available, ill install and report back
3rdDayRocker's Avatar 3rdDayRocker 02:54 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
IMHO the missing Netflix App. is probably not a firmware issue related to the SEK2500 but more related to the Samsung App. section. Why would Samsung issue their Korean firmware without a Netflix fix? Because it's a App issue, that's why.
Exaaaaactly! One that's correctable. Apps can be added. Plus, Korea is often Samsung's test market for new items, before they're released worldwide.
rlb's Avatar rlb 02:56 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
The firmware will probably posted on US support site before it will be pushed to TVs OTA, so you can check there.

As Sikclown said, wonder where we will find it (under software for F9000, HU9000, or SEK 2500U)?
rlb's Avatar rlb 02:58 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXENTE View Post
Riiight here!!! I have the US SEK-2500U-Az, I'm waiting on the US firmware..when it becomes available, ill install and report back

Not bad. You already have 4 "likes" from this action and you haven't even reported yet!
3rdDayRocker's Avatar 3rdDayRocker 03:09 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
As Sikclown said, wonder where we will find it (under software for F9000, HU9000, or SEK 2500U)?
Two good places to keep watch, under Downloads.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...t/SEK-2500U/ZA

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...UN65F9000AFXZA

Currently, for SEK-2500U/ZA, "Download data unavailable."
tyrsal3 03:12 PM 06-23-2014
Hello everyone, I've been reading the postings on this site for months since my purchase of the 2013 F9000, patiently awaiting the 2014 Evo Kit.

Two questions, for those who have purchased the 2014 kit and installed either the US firmware or the most recent Korean firmware (w/out netflix)..

Is the youtube application now able to play native 4K/UHD files or is it still limited to upscaling the 1080P (max) files?

Additionally, if using your web browser, you can navigate to youtube.com and other video sites (such as vimeo). Has anyone tested 4k/UHD content, as you have the option of selecting resolutions?

The 2013 box would allow you to max out at 1080P and result in a frozen or black screen when selecting 4k content.
priuscat's Avatar priuscat 03:16 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrsal3 View Post
Hello everyone, I've been reading the postings on this site for months since my purchase of the 2013 F9000, patiently awaiting the 2014 Evo Kit.

Two questions, for those who have purchased the 2014 kit and installed either the US firmware or the most recent Korean firmware (w/out netflix)..

Is the youtube application now able to play native 4K/UHD files or is it still limited to upscaling the 1080P (max) files?

Additionally, if using your web browser, you can navigate to youtube.com and other video sites (such as vimeo). Has anyone tested 4k/UHD content, as you have the option of selecting resolutions?

The 2013 box would allow you to max out at 1080P and result in a frozen or black screen when selecting 4k content.
You need to pair your tv to youtube to view 4k on your tv from youtube

https://www.youtube.com/pair
tyrsal3 03:23 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
You need to pair your tv to youtube to view 4k on your tv from youtube

https://www.youtube.com/pair
Just to be clear, I meant to say, using the TV's web browser and navigating to youtube.com. From here, you can select your video and resolution (2160P).

This may be unneccessary, since the youtube app on the F9000 via the 2014 One connect box may now enable 4K viewing.. I dont have the new box, so am unable to test.

Can anyone confirm?
priuscat's Avatar priuscat 03:26 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrsal3 View Post
Just to be clear, I meant to say, using the TV's web browser and navigating to youtube.com. From here, you can select your video and resolution (2160P).

This may be unneccessary, since the youtube app on the F9000 via the 2014 One connect box may now enable 4K viewing.. I dont have the new box, so am unable to test.

Can anyone confirm?
I'll let you know. Watching the news right now
CXENTE's Avatar CXENTE 03:27 PM 06-23-2014
Off topic......and speaking of YouTube.. . Looks like we're going to have plenty of 4k providers coming soon..
You Tube

priuscat's Avatar priuscat 03:38 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
I'll let you know. Watching the news right now
I just logged into youtube from the TV's web browser tried a few 4k video's, the highest resolution I can get is 720P. so it looks like the only way to get 4k from you tube is to pair the tv to you tube, then go to your computer, fine a 4k video on youtube there, then go to the you tube app on the tv.
poisike's Avatar poisike 03:59 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
As Sikclown said, wonder where we will find it (under software for F9000, HU9000, or SEK 2500U)?
You should find it on SEK-2500U and/or HU9000 support page.
F9000 (with its original one connect box) has its own firmware, so I highly doubt SEK-2500U firmware will be posted on F9000 support page.
priuscat's Avatar priuscat 04:04 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
You should find it on SEK-2500U and/or HU9000 support page.
F9000 (with its original one connect box) has its own firmware, so I highly doubt SEK-2500U firmware will be posted on F9000 support page.
the Korean website has 1131.3 firmware on the UHDTV page.

http://www.samsung.com/sec/support/m...000F-downloads

when I search for SEK2500U/ZA, I get this result:

http://www.samsung.com/sec/function/...=sek2500u%2Fza
3rdDayRocker's Avatar 3rdDayRocker 04:22 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdDayRocker View Post
What's been assessed so far with US model Evo Kit...

It is already known from this thread that Korean firmware Ver. 1131.3 corrects all the original bugs in the 2014 Evo Kit.

A "Coming Soon" message for Netflix is displayed, clearly indicating it will be addable when ready.

Whether or not Korean firmware and US firmware is identical is likely but not confirmed. If they're the same, no issue for US owners. If they differ, it seems likely a new US version will replace an older Korean version. Not a guarantee though.

Personally, worst case scenario would be the hassle of exchanging the 2014 unit if it fails to function properly. If US firmware won't load or run properly, the unit is defective. Most sellers of this product would likely provide a product exchange if needed, without an investigative search into what firmware you may have installed, if any, prior to the US version. Vendors like Best Buy, PC Nation, Sparco, etc. simply ship defects back to the manufacturer.

Everyone has 2 options:
(1) Wait for Samsung US.
(2) Use the functional Korean firmware to make yours operational now...and use a different source for Netflix app if unavailable via Korean firmware.

Firmware link:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...T-GFP9AKUC.zip
Link with a Firmware Update User Manual (How to install via USB):
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55HU8500TXXU
lonewolfx7's Avatar lonewolfx7 09:40 PM 06-23-2014
There is a new firmware out for the US. downloading it now.
Update, The grayish blacks are gone, and I still have NetFlix
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 09:58 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfx7 View Post
There is a new firmware out for the US. downloading it now.
Update, The grayish blacks are gone, and I still have NetFlix
Update notification popped up on your TV?
CXENTE's Avatar CXENTE 10:02 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfx7 View Post
There is a new firmware out for the US. downloading it now.
Update, The grayish blacks are gone, and I still have NetFlix
Wth?? My tv is now on 1131? It was different earlier.... No netflix yet.. Just says coming soon,,, blacks do seem to be better,,. I check later
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 10:03 PM 06-23-2014
Yup the US HU9000 support page has the 1131.3 firmware available for download so it should be available via TV menu now. Same exact name and number as the "Korean" firmware.
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 10:05 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXENTE View Post
Wth?? My tv is now on 1131? It was different earlier
Your TV auto-updated to the new firmware? What were you on before? 1125?
CXENTE's Avatar CXENTE 10:09 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Your TV auto-updated to the new firmware? What were you on before? 1125?
Yup 1125, ,, and yea I left auto update
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 10:13 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXENTE View Post
Yup 1125, ,, and yea I left auto update
That is great news! I think that settles it, the HU9000 and F9000 with Evolution Kit have the same firmware (we pretty much knew this) from here on out.
lonewolfx7's Avatar lonewolfx7 10:16 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Update notification popped up on your TV?
Yes, it did
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 10:19 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfx7 View Post
Yes, it did
Is Netflix still Stereo only?
3rdDayRocker's Avatar 3rdDayRocker 10:59 PM 06-23-2014
I connected my SEK-2500U/ZA (US). Checked for new updates. Ver. 1131 is now available via internet (same one as newest Korean update). After update, there's a noticeable upgrade in overall picture quality, especially with DirecTV. Black levels are excellent! No Netflix app yet, but "Coming Soon." In the meantime, viewing Netflix via my Samsung Home Theater system.
Attached: image.jpg (129.0 KB) 
OutfieldDan's Avatar OutfieldDan 11:48 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfx7 View Post
There is a new firmware out for the US. downloading it now.
Update, The grayish blacks are gone, and I still have NetFlix
You're just like me now. We both never lost Netflix. The firmware has nothing to do with Netflix.
ianjhuk's Avatar ianjhuk 12:45 AM 06-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
I just logged into youtube from the TV's web browser tried a few 4k video's, the highest resolution I can get is 720P. so it looks like the only way to get 4k from you tube is to pair the tv to you tube, then go to your computer, fine a 4k video on youtube there, then go to the you tube app on the tv.
use the youtube app. search for 2160 or 3840 loads of 4k video to view.
First ... 43  44  45 46  47  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop