2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1861 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlogan View Post
Seems I spoke to soon. It's once again not working.
Yup, mine too, but repeated attempts successfully get Amazon App to work. It could be a temporary server problem with Amazon.

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1862 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Member
 
polderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So no Netflix ?
polderman is offline  
post #1863 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by roller11 View Post
I'm considering getting a sek2500u/za (us version) and a un65f9000 so that I can play video games at 4K res / 60 Hz. However, I cannot find any support for the box such as a manual telling me what the sek2500u will do. My calls to samsung suggest that I need the box with the correct firmware update, but no one at samsung will tell me the current firmware version number or how to get it.

1. has anyone tried to view anything at 4k/60?
2. what is the latest firmware version for the un65f9000?
3. what's the URL for finding the firmware?

gkroller
Current version firmware for un65f9000 with original One Connect box is 2101. Current version for un65f9000 with sek-2500U/ZA installed is 1140. The TV will update to these via the menu but you can download the 1140 update from the HU9000 US support page. You need the SEK-2500U/ZA to get 4K/60 capabilities. I have read that others have successful gotten 4K/60 gaming working depending on your graphics card but I am not sure.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s, (1) Klipsch C-20
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC
sikclown is offline  
post #1864 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
Yup, mine too, but repeated attempts successfully get Amazon App to work. It could be a temporary server problem with Amazon.
Has not worked once since it broke again for me. Continuously crashing. Called Samsung they said contact amazon. Now I'm talking to amazon. Pretty annoying.
chandlogan is offline  
post #1865 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlogan View Post
Has not worked once since it broke again for me. Continuously crashing. Called Samsung they said contact amazon. Now I'm talking to amazon. Pretty annoying.
...and Amazon gives me the answer in a support chat:
"There is a Network Disconnected playback error currently on this model .
The Samsung Team and the App team is working on an updated version of this app.
Soon the new update will be rolled out .
After the update the is initiated you will not face this issue again ."

Let's hope he's right.
chandlogan is offline  
post #1866 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlogan View Post
Has not worked once since it broke again for me. Continuously crashing. Called Samsung they said contact amazon. Now I'm talking to amazon. Pretty annoying.
Did you go to Menu>Network>Network Status>IPSettings>DNSSetting>Enter Manually>DNS server> 8 8 8 8?

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1867 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
Did you go to Menu>Network>Network Status>IPSettings>DNSSetting>Enter Manually>DNS server> 8 8 8 8?
Tried setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 like you said here but it made no difference.
chandlogan is offline  
post #1868 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlogan View Post
Tried setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 like you said here but it made no difference.
Ok, I would leave it at 8 8 8 8 because the apps seem to work better there. I don't remember when but a Samsung tech suggested I set my DNS to that setting.

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1869 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 1
One more question:
Does anybody know how to set it so the old remote that came with the TV works with the new evolution kit? or is that not possible?
I was kind of getting used to the silver remote with the touchpad...
chandlogan is offline  
post #1870 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Member
 
ianjhuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardaani View Post
You can easily change Smart Hub Country/Region to US by following this simple guide:
https://support.unlocator.com/custom...msung-smart-tv

Netflix magically appears and works. Also, it works in your own language (in my case, Finnish), so the application localization is based on my login account and not the Smart Hub Country. Ok, if it was based on Smart Hub country, it probably would not be a problem for an UK dude, but still worth mentioning.

BTW, there is not much 4k material yet in Netflix. Hope there is more to come soon?
big thank you worked. got netflix in uk. I assume not a problem when tv software upgrades.
ianjhuk is offline  
post #1871 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
poisike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
Ok, I would leave it at 8 8 8 8 because the apps seem to work better there. I don't remember when but a Samsung tech suggested I set my DNS to that setting.
8.8.8.8 is Google's public dns server, it is not something special that magically repairs broken apps. Some apps have it hardcoded (Netflix for example) to prevent you from using address spoofing services. I guess that's why Samsung wants everyone to use it too.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-2500U/ZG (European firmware v1141.6)
poisike is online now  
post #1872 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
8.8.8.8 is Google's public dns server, it is not something special that magically repairs broken apps. Some apps have it hardcoded (Netflix for example) to prevent you from using address spoofing services. I guess that's why Samsung wants everyone to use it too.
Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1873 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
poisike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
Using google dns can help in some cases, for example if your ISP DNS server is overloaded (slow) or has faulty configuration.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-2500U/ZG (European firmware v1141.6)
poisike is online now  
post #1874 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post
Using google dns can help in some cases, for example if your ISP DNS server is overloaded (slow) or has faulty configuration.
of course 8 8 8 8 is IPv4 but for those that have IPv6 access how about 2001:4860:4860::8844, for IPv6 access?

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1875 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member
 
rlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Royalton, OH
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlogan View Post
Seems I spoke to soon. It's once again not working.

We've been watching a series (Suits) on Amazon. It takes me around 3 tries, on average, to get into the app. I guess if it gets much worse, or I can't get in at all, I'll start looking for a fix. However, with a little luck, the new software currently available in Korea may fix the issue when it finally gets here.


I will say one positive thing about Amazon. The video quality has been excellent.
rlb is offline  
post #1876 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
We've been watching a series (Suits) on Amazon. It takes me around 3 tries, on average, to get into the app. I guess if it gets much worse, or I can't get in at all, I'll start looking for a fix. However, with a little luck, the new software currently available in Korea may fix the issue when it finally gets here.


I will say one positive thing about Amazon. The video quality has been excellent.
The firmware may not fix it due to it being an App issue. Update: when firmware 1140.3 came out Netflix was still not available on June 25th. But a day later Netflix became available.

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player

Last edited by priuscat; 07-10-2014 at 02:44 PM.
priuscat is offline  
post #1877 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 02:44 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member
 
rlb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: North Royalton, OH
Posts: 3,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
The firmware may not fix it due to it being an App issue.

Probably true. But it seems like most of my components do update apps with general firmware updates. Example is that a couple months ago OPPO upgraded to the newest Netflix app as part of a broad general upgrade.
rlb is offline  
post #1878 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Newbie
 
dragob86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack

What type of audio output can I expect from this video pack?
dragob86 is offline  
post #1879 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Well I reset my box because ARC flaked out on me and now VUDU tells my my device is invalid. Great......

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s, (1) Klipsch C-20
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC
sikclown is offline  
post #1880 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
roller11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 648
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Current version firmware for un65f9000 with original One Connect box is 2101. Current version for un65f9000 with sek-2500U/ZA installed is 1140. The TV will update to these via the menu but you can download the 1140 update from the HU9000 US support page. You need the SEK-2500U/ZA to get 4K/60 capabilities. I have read that others have successful gotten 4K/60 gaming working depending on your graphics card but I am not sure.
No graphics card on Earth will do 4k/60 over HDMI cause all cards lack HDMI2.0 outputs. Only way to test if 4K/60 is possible is to use an upscaling receiver with HDMI2.0 terminals, then run 1080p/60 in and upscale the signal to 4k/60 out.

Whenever I call Samsung to inquire as to the latest firmware and how to get it, they just say "connect your 65f9000 with one connect box and the latest firmware will be D/L automatically". If I had a 65f9000 I would have done that long ago, but I'm not about to buy a f9000 and just cross my fingers that it will actually work, especially with no return/refund possibility. But if it does work, then that would satisfy my requirements. Currently, the HU9000 is the only TV on Earth that will do 3D at 4K/60 hz (according to the Owner's manual), but I don't like the curved screen or the price. So the f9000 with 4K/60 capability would be ideal.

Do you have a URL for "HU9000 US support page"?
roller11 is offline  
post #1881 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
doctorwizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by roller11 View Post
No graphics card on Earth will do 4k/60 over HDMI cause all cards lack HDMI2.0 outputs. Only way to test if 4K/60 is possible is to use an upscaling receiver with HDMI2.0 terminals, then run 1080p/60 in and upscale the signal to 4k/60 out.

Whenever I call Samsung to inquire as to the latest firmware and how to get it, they just say "connect your 65f9000 with one connect box and the latest firmware will be D/L automatically". If I had a 65f9000 I would have done that long ago, but I'm not about to buy a f9000 and just cross my fingers that it will actually work, especially with no return/refund possibility. But if it does work, then that would satisfy my requirements. Currently, the HU9000 is the only TV on Earth that will do 3D at 4K/60 hz (according to the Owner's manual), but I don't like the curved screen or the price. So the f9000 with 4K/60 capability would be ideal.

Do you have a URL for "HU9000 US support page"?
Nvidia 600 and 700 series cards will do 4K@60Hz over HDMI 1.4 with 340 series drivers.

Samsung 65" HU8550 - TS01, Denon 3312 AVR, Cerwin Vega VE speakers x 7, DefTech ProSub 1000 x 2
WDTV Live, Roku 3, Amazon FireTV, LG BD390 Bluray, WiiU,
DishTV Hopper w/Sling, Self Made PC, AMD FX8350, 16GB Ram, LG 16x BD-RW
EVGA GTX-780 6GB SC, ACX Cooler, Gigabyte GTX-750Ti 2GB, 3840x2160@60Hz , AC-68 Router
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung HD204Ui 2TB, 3 UPS's
doctorwizz is offline  
post #1882 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Nvidia 600 and 700 series cards will do 4K@60Hz over HDMI 1.4 with 340 series drivers.
lol, HDMI 1.4 will only do a max of 4K at 30 hz

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1883 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
doctorwizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
lol, HDMI 1.4 will only do a max of 4K at 30 hz
Guess again.

Samsung 65" HU8550 - TS01, Denon 3312 AVR, Cerwin Vega VE speakers x 7, DefTech ProSub 1000 x 2
WDTV Live, Roku 3, Amazon FireTV, LG BD390 Bluray, WiiU,
DishTV Hopper w/Sling, Self Made PC, AMD FX8350, 16GB Ram, LG 16x BD-RW
EVGA GTX-780 6GB SC, ACX Cooler, Gigabyte GTX-750Ti 2GB, 3840x2160@60Hz , AC-68 Router
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung HD204Ui 2TB, 3 UPS's
doctorwizz is offline  
post #1884 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by roller11 View Post
No graphics card on Earth will do 4k/60 over HDMI cause all cards lack HDMI2.0 outputs. Only way to test if 4K/60 is possible is to use an upscaling receiver with HDMI2.0 terminals, then run 1080p/60 in and upscale the signal to 4k/60 out.

Whenever I call Samsung to inquire as to the latest firmware and how to get it, they just say "connect your 65f9000 with one connect box and the latest firmware will be D/L automatically". If I had a 65f9000 I would have done that long ago, but I'm not about to buy a f9000 and just cross my fingers that it will actually work, especially with no return/refund possibility. But if it does work, then that would satisfy my requirements. Currently, the HU9000 is the only TV on Earth that will do 3D at 4K/60 hz (according to the Owner's manual), but I don't like the curved screen or the price. So the f9000 with 4K/60 capability would be ideal.

Do you have a URL for "HU9000 US support page"?
Currently, the HU9000 is the only TV on Earth that will do 3D at 4K/60 hz ? Does it say 3840 x 2160 x 60?

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1885 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Guess again.
ok, I will

Version 1.4[edit]


HDMI 1.4 with audio return channel
HDMI 1.4 was released on May 28, 2009, and the first HDMI 1.4 products were available in the second half of 2009.[111][144] HDMI 1.4 increases the maximum resolution to 4K × 2K, i.e. 3840×2160 (4K Ultra HD) at 24 Hz/25 Hz/30 Hz or 4096×2160 at 24 Hz (which is a resolution used with digital theaters); adds an HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC), which allows for a 100 Mbit/s Ethernet connection between the two HDMI connected devices so they can share an Internet connection;[60] and introduces an audio return channel (ARC),[59] 3D Over HDMI, a new Micro HDMI Connector, expanded support for color spaces, with the addition of sYCC601, Adobe RGB and Adobe YCC601; and an Automotive Connection System.[111][145][146][147][148] HDMI 1.4 supports several stereoscopic 3D formats including field alternative (interlaced), frame packing (a full resolution top-bottom format), line alternative full, side-by-side half, side-by-side full, 2D + depth, and 2D + depth + graphics + graphics depth (WOWvx),[109][149][150] with additional top/bottom formats added in version 1.4a. HDMI 1.4 requires that 3D displays support the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24.[150] High Speed HDMI 1.3 cables can support all HDMI 1.4 features except for the HDMI Ethernet Channel.[109][149][150]

HDMI 1.4a was released on March 4, 2010 and adds two additional mandatory 3D formats for broadcast content, which was deferred with HDMI 1.4 in order to see the direction of the 3D broadcast market.[151][152] HDMI 1.4a has defined mandatory 3D formats for broadcast, game, and movie content.[151] HDMI 1.4a requires that 3D displays support the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24, side-by-side horizontal at either 1080i50 or 1080i60, and top-and-bottom at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24.[152]

HDMI 1.4b was released on October 11, 2011.[153] One of the new features is that it adds support to 3D 1080p video at 120 Hz – allowing frame packing 3D format at 1080p60 per Eye (120 Hz total).[154] All future versions of the HDMI specification will be made by the HDMI Forum that was created on October 25, 2011.[43][155]

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1886 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Guess again.
part two

1.4 2.0
Date initially released December 9, 2002 May 20, 2004 August 8, 2005 June 22, 2006 May 28, 2009 September 4, 2013
Maximum clock rate (MHz) 165 165 165 340 340[109] 600[163][164]
Maximum TMDS throughput per channel (Gbit/s) including 8b/10b overhead 1.65 1.65 1.65 3.40 3.40 6
Maximum total TMDS throughput (Gbit/s) including 8b/10b overhead 4.95 4.95 4.95 10.2 10.2 18
Maximum throughput (Gbit/s) with 8b/10b overhead removed 3.96 3.96 3.96 8.16 8.16 14.4
Maximum audio throughput (Mbit/s) 36.86 36.86 36.86 36.86 36.86 49.152 (IEC61937 and DST audio)
Maximum color depth (bit/px) 24 24 24 48[a] 48 48
Maximum consumer resolution over single link at 24-bit/px[b] 1920×1200p60 1920×1200p60 1920×1200p60 2560×1600p75 4096×2160p30[168] 4096×2160p60
Jump up ^ 36-bit support is mandatory for deep-color-compatible consumer electronic devices, with 48-bit support being optional.[165]

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1887 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
ok, I will

Version 1.4[edit]


HDMI 1.4 with audio return channel
HDMI 1.4 was released on May 28, 2009, and the first HDMI 1.4 products were available in the second half of 2009.[111][144] HDMI 1.4 increases the maximum resolution to 4K × 2K, i.e. 3840×2160 (4K Ultra HD) at 24 Hz/25 Hz/30 Hz or 4096×2160 at 24 Hz (which is a resolution used with digital theaters); adds an HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC), which allows for a 100 Mbit/s Ethernet connection between the two HDMI connected devices so they can share an Internet connection;[60] and introduces an audio return channel (ARC),[59] 3D Over HDMI, a new Micro HDMI Connector, expanded support for color spaces, with the addition of sYCC601, Adobe RGB and Adobe YCC601; and an Automotive Connection System.[111][145][146][147][148] HDMI 1.4 supports several stereoscopic 3D formats including field alternative (interlaced), frame packing (a full resolution top-bottom format), line alternative full, side-by-side half, side-by-side full, 2D + depth, and 2D + depth + graphics + graphics depth (WOWvx),[109][149][150] with additional top/bottom formats added in version 1.4a. HDMI 1.4 requires that 3D displays support the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24.[150] High Speed HDMI 1.3 cables can support all HDMI 1.4 features except for the HDMI Ethernet Channel.[109][149][150]

HDMI 1.4a was released on March 4, 2010 and adds two additional mandatory 3D formats for broadcast content, which was deferred with HDMI 1.4 in order to see the direction of the 3D broadcast market.[151][152] HDMI 1.4a has defined mandatory 3D formats for broadcast, game, and movie content.[151] HDMI 1.4a requires that 3D displays support the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24, side-by-side horizontal at either 1080i50 or 1080i60, and top-and-bottom at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24.[152]

HDMI 1.4b was released on October 11, 2011.[153] One of the new features is that it adds support to 3D 1080p video at 120 Hz – allowing frame packing 3D format at 1080p60 per Eye (120 Hz total).[154] All future versions of the HDMI specification will be made by the HDMI Forum that was created on October 25, 2011.[43][155]
Nvidia got clever with their drivers for their Kepler products and enabled 4k output at 60fps. The trade they made is reducing the chroma to 4:2:0 vs 4:4:4. So these Nvidia graphics cards will do 4k 60 4:2:0.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8191/nvidia-kepler-cards-get-hdmi-4k60hz-support-kind-of
NazPattison likes this.
sikclown is offline  
post #1888 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Guess again.
for your info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1889 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
priuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Nvidia got clever with their drivers for their Kepler products and enabled 4k output at 60fps. The trade they made is reducing the chroma to 4:2:0 vs 4:4:4. So these Nvidia graphics cards will do 4k 60 4:2:0.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8191/n...upport-kind-of
show me the data then

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
priuscat is offline  
post #1890 of 2307 Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
doctorwizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 31
You need to keep up to date

Read the release notes

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-notes.pdf

You CAN get 60Hz over 1.4 Works for me

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvi...1.4,27117.html
NazPattison likes this.

Samsung 65" HU8550 - TS01, Denon 3312 AVR, Cerwin Vega VE speakers x 7, DefTech ProSub 1000 x 2
WDTV Live, Roku 3, Amazon FireTV, LG BD390 Bluray, WiiU,
DishTV Hopper w/Sling, Self Made PC, AMD FX8350, 16GB Ram, LG 16x BD-RW
EVGA GTX-780 6GB SC, ACX Cooler, Gigabyte GTX-750Ti 2GB, 3840x2160@60Hz , AC-68 Router
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung HD204Ui 2TB, 3 UPS's
doctorwizz is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page


    Forum Jump: 

    Posting Rules  
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off