2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack - Page 72 - AVS Forum
First ... 70  71  72 73  74  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > 2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 06:12 PM 07-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniBird View Post
Did the TV do an auto update?
It came up on the screen. I went ahead and clicked download.
I you don't see it, maybe scroll over to software update and do it manually.

priuscat's Avatar priuscat 06:24 PM 07-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniBird View Post
Did the TV do an auto update?
Mine did, but I don't have any surround receivers so I couldn't answer whether it's silent in 5.1
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 06:25 PM 07-21-2014
Netflix is back in 5.1!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked! I would like to think I had something to do with it. . Hahaha.
priuscat's Avatar priuscat 06:27 PM 07-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Netflix is back in 5.1!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked! I would like to think I had something to do with it. . Hahaha.
lollllzzz, yeah, ok you get the credit.
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 06:29 PM 07-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
Mine did, but I don't have any surround receivers so I couldn't answer whether it's silent in 5.1
The sound came back, but Netflix still plays Dolby Digital in two channel stereo. I am tired of this Samsung crap on these apps. Where are the good apps?
Cannot wait until my Nuvola NP-1 comes in. It should play Netflix in Dolby True HD using the HDMI. I am still curious how this 4K works using 1.4 HDMI. Or is it 2.0? I will have to see how it really looks and sounds.
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 06:32 PM 07-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyindallas View Post
The sound came back, but Netflix still plays Dolby Digital in two channel stereo. I am tired of this Samsung crap on these apps. Where are the good apps?
Cannot wait until my Nuvola NP-1 comes in. It should play Netflix in Dolby True HD using the HDMI. I am still curious how this 4K works using 1.4 HDMI. Or is it 2.0? I will have to see how it really looks and sounds.
I just checked. Mine is playing full 5.1. The choice for 5.1 is actually back in the Netflix Audio &Subtitle menu. Make sure it is checked off and you are playing a 5.1 title.
priuscat's Avatar priuscat 06:33 PM 07-21-2014
Quote:
Bummer! Yeah I see your point. Let us know how the Nuvola does when you get it.
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 06:39 PM 07-21-2014
The first picture is Netflix this afternoon and here is it now clearly showing the fix.
Attached: 2014-07-21 12.31.10.jpg (123.3 KB)  2014-07-21 19.34.12.jpg (119.8 KB) 
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 07:14 PM 07-21-2014
Quote:
I just checked. Mine is playing full 5.1. The choice for 5.1 is actually back in the Netflix Audio &Subtitle menu. Make sure it is checked off and you are playing a 5.1 title.
After resetting my Smart Hub in the menus, Netflix is playing the movie Lawless in Dolby Digital 5.1 now. Funny how the Netflix menu states Dolby Digital Plus, but right now I will settle for Dolby Digital (plus I don't have to crank the volume for any impact).
I will definitely let you guys know about the NP-1 once I get up and running. I have seen the creator on YouTube talk about it and it has me really excited!!
conradw's Avatar conradw 11:27 PM 07-21-2014
I still have no netflix in my smarthub :-( Can anybody advise?
polderman's Avatar polderman 05:11 AM 07-22-2014
I also do not have Netflix in the smarthub, despite the new firmware update.
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 05:30 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradw View Post
I still have no netflix in my smarthub :-( Can anybody advise?
Have you tried resetting your Smart Hub? That fixed my problem.
rlb's Avatar rlb 07:54 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:

Maybe a coincidence, at least one has said it would have no impact; but you did notice that Netflix had "5.1" approximately one hour after Samsung finished their 1700-1900 maintenance yesterday on their Smart Hub Apps. After I downloaded 1150 yesterday morning, Netflix was still constrained to stereo.
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 08:23 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
Maybe a coincidence, at least one has said it would have no impact; but you did notice that Netflix had "5.1" approximately one hour after Samsung finished their 1700-1900 maintenance yesterday on their Smart Hub Apps. After I downloaded 1150 yesterday morning, Netflix was still constrained to stereo.
Resetting the Smart Hub will fix your "stereo" problem. I had stereo afterwards also, so I just reset the Smart Hub and signed back into Netflix and viola! 5.1 on Netflix.
rlb's Avatar rlb 08:34 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Resetting the Smart Hub will fix your "stereo" problem. I had stereo afterwards also, so I just reset the Smart Hub and signed back into Netflix and viola! 5.1 on Netflix.

Thanks; but mine magically appeared after the Smart Hub app maintenance. But come to think about it, that might have provided basically the same "process/benefit" as when you reset and signed back in.
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 08:48 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Thanks for taking the credit away from me...Jerk
rlb's Avatar rlb 09:37 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Thanks for taking the credit away from me...Jerk

If you didn't fix "5.1", maybe you could find a fix for lets say "world hunger".
priuscat's Avatar priuscat 09:39 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
If you didn't fix "5.1", maybe you could find a fix for lets say "world hunger".
or world peace
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 09:59 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
or world peace
I have started a live chat with both the World Hunger Corporation and World Peace Inc; Expect resolutions to both shortly as I am very convincing
polderman's Avatar polderman 10:43 AM 07-22-2014
Still no Netflix, even after resetting the Smarthub.
wingizzmo's Avatar wingizzmo 11:12 AM 07-22-2014
Well still no resolve for the rvu problem, talked with Samsung yesterday (they actually called me) and there not sure what to do or what the problem is at this point I might as well wait for the 2015 evo kit to come out !!! To me this was a giant waste of cash and Samsung owes each and everyone of us with problems that go unresolved or take forever to fix some kind of gift or kickback like free uhd movies or something !
conradw's Avatar conradw 11:23 AM 07-22-2014
My reset smart hub button is always greyed out :-( So I cant reset...
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 11:28 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradw View Post
My reset smart hub button is always greyed out :-( So I cant reset...
Did you already reset it? Have you set up Smart Hub? I know that is a stupid question but I have to ask it. Have you done a complete reset of the TV, not just a Smart Hub reset?
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 11:28 AM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingizzmo View Post
Well still no resolve for the rvu problem, talked with Samsung yesterday (they actually called me) and there not sure what to do or what the problem is at this point I might as well wait for the 2015 evo kit to come out !!! To me this was a giant waste of cash and Samsung owes each and everyone of us with problems that go unresolved or take forever to fix some kind of gift or kickback like free uhd movies or something !
That really stinks. I agree they need to fix it somehow or make it somewhat right with you.
3rdDayRocker's Avatar 3rdDayRocker 11:47 AM 07-22-2014

Does anyone own a Nuvola NP-1 4K player?

"UltraFlix, the world’s first dedicated 4K Ultra HD IPTV/OTT channel is available now on the Nuvola NP-1, and will be available on a variety of other 4K Ultra HD devices and TVs later this year."

Possibly a future 4K app via Samsung Smart Hub?

Article:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s#.U86hHtm9LCR

Nanotech link:
http://ntek.com/np1.php
ianjhuk's Avatar ianjhuk 01:52 PM 07-22-2014
Any UK users now seeing Netflix? I'm using U.S.Apps.
montyindallas's Avatar montyindallas 02:14 PM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdDayRocker View Post

Does anyone own a Nuvola NP-1 4K player?

"UltraFlix, the world’s first dedicated 4K Ultra HD IPTV/OTT channel is available now on the Nuvola NP-1, and will be available on a variety of other 4K Ultra HD devices and TVs later this year."

Possibly a future 4K app via Samsung Smart Hub?

Article:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s#.U86hHtm9LCR

Nanotech link:
http://ntek.com/np1.php
Getting my NP-1 tomorrow. Will hook it up and play with all the apps and will post results.
UltraFlix is more pay per view type programming from what I hear. Nanotech is giving us free UltraFlix for the month of July.
3rdDayRocker's Avatar 3rdDayRocker 04:17 PM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Getting my NP-1 tomorrow. Will hook it up and play with all the apps and will post results.
UltraFlix is more pay per view type programming from what I hear. Nanotech is giving us free UltraFlix for the month of July.
Excellent. Please post some pics too.
polderman's Avatar polderman 04:01 AM 07-23-2014
Here no UK, but The Netherlands. Still there is no Netflix, even after a reset of the smarthub.

Does Samsung pays back my contribution to Netflix for months now I still Pay Netflix but can't watch properly?
sikclown's Avatar sikclown 08:31 AM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by polderman View Post
Here no UK, but The Netherlands. Still there is no Netflix, even after a reset of the smarthub.

Does Samsung pays back my contribution to Netflix for months now I still Pay Netflix but can't watch properly?
Have you contacted Samsung support? They won't refund your Netflix subscription. Which version of the Evolution Kit are you using?
First ... 70  71  72 73  74  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop