2014 Samsung SEK-2500U/ZA Evolution Kit and CY-SUC10SH/ZA UHD Video Pack - Page 74 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2191 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryscott View Post
Hello, from the USA,I'm new here. I just purchased a new 65f9000 (it's still in the package).
they scammed me into buying an old version one connect box. After reading these post I ordered the newer one connect sek2500U/ZA. would it be wise to wait to hook up TV to new 2500 when delivered and not even bother taking it out of the package and hooking up to old one connect? Thank you for any reply to this matter.

I'm not the expert since I only went through one install (several of the other posters did it numerous times); however, if it were me , I would do it by the book. I would go through the entire process of installing the first box (minus personal tweaks of picture settings, etc.); and then carefully follow instructions for installing the SEK 2500U.

In fact, you may appreciate the SEK 2500U benefits more if you can compare it with the original one connect.
montyindallas and Bryscott like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Hello, from the USA,I'm new here. I just purchased a new 65f9000 (it's still in the package).
they scammed me into buying an old version one connect box. After reading these post I ordered the newer one connect sek2500U/ZA. would it be wise to wait to hook up TV to new 2500 when delivered and not even bother taking it out of the package and hooking up to old one connect? Thank you for any reply to this matter.
I believe the older one connect must be plugged in first so you can do an Evolution Backup (in the menus) to get the set ready for the new SEK 2500 one connect.
It gives you step by step how to do it once you backup the TV.
The older F9000 TV should have come with the 2013 one connect box (the brown one). At least mine came with it.
Bryscott likes this.
post #2193 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
That really stinks. I agree they need to fix it somehow or make it somewhat right with you.
Yesterday Samsung called again said they talked to engineers and there is another firmware to fix the rvu problem and to wait two weeks for it to come out . so at this point I have had the evo kit for almost 5 months and still cant use it .
post #2194 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingizzmo View Post
Yesterday Samsung called again said they talked to engineers and there is another firmware to fix the rvu problem and to wait two weeks for it to come out . so at this point I have had the evo kit for almost 5 months and still cant use it .

Agree that it should work. However, why don't you just get a Genie client and use it for inputting to the Samsung. It's basically the same monthly cost as your "virtual" rvu; and per reviews, its much more efficient. Call DTV retention group. You can probably get it for "free". Even if you buy one, they are only around $100.
post #2195 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
They didn't really scam you as the old one connect box is what came with the TV, I don't think they can swap it out with a new one. As others posted, hook up the 2013 one connect and do all of the updates, the back up so it saves your settings and everything else and then hook up the 2014 one connect and go through the set up process. Enjoy your new TV!
priuscat and Bryscott like this.
post #2196 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyindallas View Post
Getting my NP-1 tomorrow. Will hook it up and play with all the apps and will post results.
UltraFlix is more pay per view type programming from what I hear. Nanotech is giving us free UltraFlix for the month of July.
ok, now it's two days later. any updates?

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1150.5 July 21, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
post #2197 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Hello, I'm new here. I see you may be able to add some experience to my situation.I just purchased 65f9000 and the old version one connect. After reading these post I ordered the newer one connect sek2500. would it be wise to wait to hook up TV to new 2500 when delivered and not even bother hook up to old one connect once my tv is delivered? Thank you
You need the old one connect installed to get the firmware required to update the SEK2500
Bryscott likes this.

Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
post #2198 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
ok, now it's two days later. any updates?
I got the NP-1 late yesterday. Just hooked it up and played with it. Had flickering issues with the HDMI cable that came wit it when going to my audio/video receiver. So I plugged into the One Connect Box and plays fine. The sound is on the bland side (not even Dolby Digital, will talk to support about this issue) and I cannot turn the darn thing off. The remote is horrible. It is a motion one and is a pain in the a#@. The video does look decent (sorry to say the Samsung UHD Video Pack and One Connect in 2160 looks much better than this contraption). I do not know where all these exciting reviews come from. This is early so I may need to adjust some things. The Netflix app is really sorry on its displaying titles. Ultraflex only has a few movies (nothing I would want to see in 4K. Moonshine and crack heads are not 4K material!) and mostly 4 minute segments. Very let down for the time being on this gadget that won CES awards. I will update once I had time to get it working right.
post #2199 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Liked: 0
No, they told me that the one connect was not included. So I bought 2013 one connect. Then I bought new 2500 after reading all theses experienced postings. I have not hooked anything up yet. Should I hook old one up then switch to 2500?
Thank you.
post #2200 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I got the NP-1 late yesterday. Just hooked it up and played with it. Had flickering issues with the HDMI cable that came wit it when going to my audio/video receiver. So I plugged into the One Connect Box and plays fine. The sound is on the bland side (not even Dolby Digital, will talk to support about this issue) and I cannot turn the darn thing off. The remote is horrible. It is a motion one and is a pain in the a#@. The video does look decent (sorry to say the Samsung UHD Video Pack and One Connect in 2160 looks much better than this contraption). I do not know where all these exciting reviews come from. This is early so I may need to adjust some things. The Netflix app is really sorry on its displaying titles. Ultraflex only has a few movies (nothing I would want to see in 4K. Moonshine and crack heads are not 4K material!) and mostly 4 minute segments. Very let down for the time being on this gadget that won CES awards. I will update once I had time to get it working right.
Awww, sorry to hear that. Maybe when the UltaFlix app. is available on the Samsung Smart Hub it will be better. (Knock on wood)

post #2201 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Quote:
No, they told me that the one connect was not included. So I bought 2013 one connect. Then I bought new 2500 after reading all theses experienced postings. I have not hooked anything up yet. Should I hook old one up then switch to 2500?
Thank you.
Yup, the instructions that come with the SEK2500 tell you to do an update then do a Evolution Kit backup (while old one connect is installed)
Bryscott likes this.

post #2202 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Thank you.
The old one connect is part of the tv's original equipment, the TV will not work without the one connect, it should have been included in your purchase price.
Bryscott likes this.

post #2203 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post
The old one connect is part of the tv's original equipment, the TV will not work without the one connect, it should have been included in your purchase price.
Listen to priuscat. You NEED the original one connect to plug into the TV before using 2500. 2500 will not work without going through the "back up" using the original one connect. If you just plug the 2500 in first, it will not connect. It is important to use the old one connect first.
priuscat and Bryscott like this.
post #2204 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Listen to priuscat. You NEED the original one connect to plug into the TV before using 2500. 2500 will not work without going through the "back up" using the original one connect. If you just plug the 2500 in first, it will not connect. It is important to use the old one connect first.
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that montyindallas, when I got my tv the firmware required to get the SEK2500 to work had not arrived yet and I got the image of a TV and the one connect with the cable between the two asking me to connect the cable, lol. Once the firmware arrived then the Evolution Kit backup setting appeared in Menu. I was then able to successfully install the SEK2500U/ZA
montyindallas and Bryscott like this.

post #2205 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM

Liked: 0
Hi,Me again.I was very nervous purchasing an expensive tv on a web site, then I started reading all the posts here. It's comforting knowing there are people here to chat with to help with difficulties . So, I bought the Samsung UN65F9000 UHD last wk and due to deliver this coming Monday , I have both the old (BN9407234JF3D000072 UD07) and the new SEK-2500U/ZA one connects. I know absolutely very little of this series of tv. Is the evolution kit the same thing as the one connect devices ? Or do I need to purchase that also?
Once I plug my tv in,turn it on and activate it with the old model one connect (this one looks like the new silver 2500 but it's black).then go through the steps to upgrade it to the new 2014 SEK-2500U/ZA .
I'm a little worried something will go wrong after reading some horror stories on different tv/one connect reviews sites. Is there any advice all you experienced AVS Forum guru's can offer me so the process of soon to be watching some AWESOME UHD tv will go smooth? Any and all advice would be put to use and greatly appreciated .
Thank you very much,
Bryan
post #2206 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Hi,Me again.I was very nervous purchasing an expensive tv on a web site, then I started reading all the posts here. It's comforting knowing there are people here to chat with to help with difficulties . So, I bought the Samsung UN65F9000 UHD last wk and due to deliver this coming Monday , I have both the old (BN9407234JF3D000072 UD07) and the new SEK-2500U/ZA one connects. I know absolutely very little of this series of tv. Is the evolution kit the same thing as the one connect devices ? Or do I need to purchase that also?
Once I plug my tv in,turn it on and activate it with the old model one connect (this one looks like the new silver 2500 but it's black).then go through the steps to upgrade it to the new 2014 SEK-2500U/ZA .
I'm a little worried something will go wrong after reading some horror stories on different tv/one connect reviews sites. Is there any advice all you experienced AVS Forum guru's can offer me so the process of soon to be watching some AWESOME UHD tv will go smooth? Any and all advice would be put to use and greatly appreciated .
Thank you very much,
Bryan
When you have the TV up and running with the original one connect box (2013 version not the SEK2500U/ZA) turn on TV, go to Menu>Support>Software Update>Update Now. Follow the instructions. To find UHD EVolution Kit Backup go to Menu>System>UHD Evolution Kit Backup. Evolution kit backup won't show up until the Tv has done the update so do the update first.
Bryscott likes this.

post #2207 of 2208 Old Today, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
FW 1150.6 seems to have reduced the input lag from 73ms to 60-62ms (measured by me with a leo bodnar lag tester). Can anyone confirm?
post #2208 of 2208 Old Today, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Thank you.
That is very strange, my F9000 55" had the one connect box inside the TV packaging (as did everyone else I believe). Even on Samsungs website it shows it's included (in the U.S. Website, not sure where you are located). I'd look into it and go back to the retailer and have them refund the purchase of the 2013 one connect box if that's the case when you look at Samsungs website for your country and it shows it's included.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread