Originally Posted by Martinuz
when you recieve it, start teh upgrade procedure on your tv, its somewhere in the menu.
after that follow the instruction, also included in the box.
If it works? i do not know. Can you call a local dealer of this box and see what kind it is?
I just see 3 differt type
za (us and africa)
So i wonder where the **** is Asia.... but maybe its the us version. Are you on the same voltage?
As promised here is my update. I recd the samsung one connect evolution kit today.
I did the following:-
1. With the original One connect i took a UHD evolution kit back up from the menu settings.
2. I then powered off the TV, disconnected the old one connect cable and installed new cable with the new one connect box
3. I powered up and it sensed the box but greys and blacks were disgusting.
4. I then looked for firmware update after reconnecting my wifi and it found anew firmware update 1162 and it downloaded in 40 minutes.
5. After update i had new firmware on TV.
Now here is the catch:-
1. When new kit was connected it did not restore the backup from the TV
2. In the system details with the new one connect i see the model no as UN65F9000 as against my original UA65F9000. I presume its due to the new one connect box.
3. My earlier firmware for TV was 2010 but with new kit it took an update of 1162 so that i presume is chosen by the new one connect.
1. I find the greys and black not good somehow i feel that original cone connect has sharper pics as against new box wonder if i need to tweak anything to make it better.
2. I connected the UHD video pack but i did not find anything great in the 4K movies they look exactly like my HDD blu ray movies.
Do advise me if you have any thoughts in making my one connect box better.
Thanks for your time.