post #811 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I wish they offered the option of not having(or paying) for the Smart TV apps.
They do, at least on some models. There is a 39" sans smart (http://www.costco.com/Vizio-39%22-Cl...100100320.html) but it is also rid of local dimming. It costs almost nothing to include them and probably adds just about nothing to the price.
Keenan likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Just as big an idea thief as)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I contacted vizio today about the disappearance of the 65" M series. I apparently got a new girl as she told me the M651-A2 was the 2014 model and continued to tell me it was full array. I politely responded with the correct model number (the M652-B2) once I did that she asked me to hold for a second and a manager took over. He told me that when it was initially released they did not have many in stock. That stock has been sold out and therefor it was temporarily removed from online. He could not answer me with an expected time frame of when it would reappear online. Long story short for the guys waiting to get their hands on the 2014 65" M series from Costco or SAMs it may be a couple weeks if not more than a month. Hopefully I am wrong just wanted to pass along the information I received today. Remember this was just a sales manager and his words are guided so there is a chance( a small one but a chance) it will reappear much sooner.
post #813 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post
I have a question. Is anyone here planning on a wall mount? My M602i-B3 hangs off my console about 5 inches on each side. It works but doesn't look very good. I've made 3 large purchases lately and would prefer to not buy another console. I think a wall mount would give it a more balanced look since it won't be sitting directly on it. Any recommendations? Any ones to avoid? I had no idea there were so many to choose from!
This takes a Universal 400mm X 400mm mount and weighs 46.3 pounds.

Found this one at local Micro Center: http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...ll_Mount_791MT

Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Any tips on hiding the cables? Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE19fXC56Uo Looks like I need a power source too.

Monoprice Easy Mount Low Voltage Wall Plates: http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?pg...mat=4#feedback
The only wall mount you'll ever need:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

I've bought a dozen of these and used a variety of TV's. It's flawless, inexpensive and can handle up to 165 lbs. it's also wide enough to mount to 3 studs if you need it, but even with 2 studs it's not going anywhere.

I picked up an M602i-B3 tonight at the local Costco and will hang it on that mount over the weekend. I'll post pics when she's done.
post #814 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
What will the smallest sized set in the P series? ...
post #815 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistractedJohn View Post
What will the smallest sized set in the P series? ...
I believe it is 49 or 50" with 4K.
I wish it came in a 42" since my cabinet space is limited to that.
post #816 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Thank you...
post #817 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by migl View Post
I ordered the 65" M from Vizio on the 10th and received it on the 18th. I'm still in process of setting it up , routing cables and finally calibrating it.

My initial impressions are decent build quality. Smart TV apps are slow to respond and I managed to crash it once already, not a big deal, since I'm using an apple tv/fire tv/xbox for my streaming needs. I'm not happy with picture settings out of the box, I can see individual dimming zones on bright white items, but I'm guessing that's an artifact of the backlight setting too high on the the preset mode I'm using.

I'll report back on viewing angles and my impressions after I've calibrated the set using the WOW disk.

I've replaced a 9 year old Panasonic Plasma 50" that was easily 3 times the expense of this, so my expectations are tempered by that.
Very nice Migl, so far this is the first 65" set I've heard of in the wild. Curious if all the preset modes look off to you, any of them close? Looking forward to your impressions after you get through the WOW disk. Thanks for chiming in on your new purchase, we appreciate you sharing!
post #818 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
I have a question. Is anyone here planning on a wall mount? My M602i-B3 hangs off my console about 5 inches on each side. It works but doesn't look very good. I've made 3 large purchases lately and would prefer to not buy another console. I think a wall mount would give it a more balanced look since it won't be sitting directly on it. Any recommendations? Any ones to avoid? I had no idea there were so many to choose from!
This takes a Universal 400mm X 400mm mount and weighs 46.3 pounds.

Found this one at local Micro Center: http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...ll_Mount_791MT

Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Any tips on hiding the cables? Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE19fXC56Uo Looks like I need a power source too.

Monoprice Easy Mount Low Voltage Wall Plates: http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?pg...mat=4#feedback
This is the mount that I used for mine http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Came with the HDMI cable and the level which was pretty helpful. I was going to get the Monoprice one with a separate HDMI cable, but decided on the Amazon one because I got free 2 day shipping with Prime.

I wired mine behind the wall to hide the cables. Added a new power outlet with a media slot for the HDMI cable. Here are before and after photos for mounting my M602i-B3 and speakers.

post #819 of 1941 Old 06-20-2014, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
This is the mount that I used for mine http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Came with the HDMI cable and the level which was pretty helpful. I was going to get the Monoprice one with a separate HDMI cable, but decided on the Amazon one because I got free 2 day shipping with Prime.

I wired mine behind the wall to hide the cables. Added a new power outlet with a media slot for the HDMI cable. Here are before and after photos for mounting my M602i-B3 and speakers.

damn why are your speakers so wide apart
post #820 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I'll report back on viewing angles and my impressions after I've calibrated the set using the WOW disk.
This is awesome, thanks in advance!
post #821 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 44
The M702iB3 manual is available now.

http://store.vizio.com/documents/dow...UM_M702iB3.pdf
venus933 likes this.

post #822 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Only 240 nits? Was hoping for more.
post #823 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Well... it's interesting. This manual is for both the M602-B3 and the M702i-B3. The manual linked on the 602 page is ONLY for the 602 and it shows 350 nits. Since this new manual is not officially published, it could simply be an error, or filled with some dummy data. Or someone pasted the refresh rate in the wrong field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_H View Post
Only 240 nits? Was hoping for more.

post #824 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle View Post
I contacted vizio today about the disappearance of the 65" M series. I apparently got a new girl as she told me the M651-A2 was the 2014 model and continued to tell me it was full array. I politely responded with the correct model number (the M652-B2) once I did that she asked me to hold for a second and a manager took over. He told me that when it was initially released they did not have many in stock. That stock has been sold out and therefor it was temporarily removed from online. He could not answer me with an expected time frame of when it would reappear online. Long story short for the guys waiting to get their hands on the 2014 65" M series from Costco or SAMs it may be a couple weeks if not more than a month. Hopefully I am wrong just wanted to pass along the information I received today. Remember this was just a sales manager and his words are guided so there is a chance( a small one but a chance) it will reappear much sooner.
This is odd seeing they kept the 2014 60" up on the site while it was out of stock.
post #825 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herfavoritedj View Post
Made it easier to do the wiring up behind the wall and ceiling. Wanted to avoid drilling across ceiling joists. They are still pointed towards the central viewing area.

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 06-21-2014 at 08:25 AM.
post #826 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Made it easier to do the wiring up behind the wall and ceiling. Wanted to avoid drilling across ceiling joists. They are still pointed towards the central viewing area.
I don't think they are that far apart at all. You just need a bigger tv.
zyvo23 and herfavoritedj like this.
post #827 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Just keep in mind that most building codes don't allow a typical stranded power cable behind the drywall. I used something like this many years ago. One box on the bottom, one on the top behind where the TV in mounted. Then some romex behind the wall between the two. Conveniently it also has openings on each end for your low voltage cables (hdmi, component, etc.). The included cable is connected between an existing outlet and the box on the bottom, then the tv's standard power cord plugs into the top box.

Quote:

post #828 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post

I've bought a dozen of these and used a variety of TV's. It's flawless, inexpensive and can handle up to 165 lbs. it's also wide enough to mount to 3 studs if you need it, but even with 2 studs it's not going anywhere.

I picked up an M602i-B3 tonight at the local Costco and will hang it on that mount over the weekend. I'll post pics when she's done.
Congrats on the new set!

I'm very interested in knowing how it goes and how much clearance there is in the back with the slim model in your link.

I ordered a Wiremold Flat Screen TV Cord and Cable Power Kit CMK70 from Amazon as it was $46 before applying my Discover points. No wiring needed. It needs a bit of clearance.

Here are a few links. It looks very easy.
https://www.legrand.us/wiremold/tv-p...x#.U6Xb0fkVKBo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA24G1E34385
https://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb...tID=BB11860514
post #829 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I ordered the 65" M from Vizio on the 10th and received it on the 18th. I'm still in process of setting it up , routing cables and finally calibrating it.

My initial impressions are decent build quality. Smart TV apps are slow to respond and I managed to crash it once already, not a big deal, since I'm using an apple tv/fire tv/xbox for my streaming needs. I'm not happy with picture settings out of the box, I can see individual dimming zones on bright white items, but I'm guessing that's an artifact of the backlight setting too high on the the preset mode I'm using.

I've replaced a 9 year old Panasonic Plasma 50" that was easily 3 times the expense of this, so my expectations are tempered by that.
Keep us posted!
post #830 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Ok so now what you are saying is making more sense. The jump from 32 to 60 is big. You'll notice details that were previously "hidden" due to the set size. This includes easier to see film grain which will be magnified now for you. Put in an animated Blu-Ray and see if you still see the graininess. I have a feeling that what you are seeing is normal. You are not going to get a "clean" image with every blu-Ray a lot if it has to do with the source and mastering of each Movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I set the TV to CNETs settings and with a Blu Ray it looks really good. Watched Turbo with the kids thru Netflix and I am now really happy with the picture quality. Thanks for all who responded. However, for some reason I am having a problem connecting to Netflix on the 32" M in the bedroom. Not sure if it is not picking up the router signal which is across the house or if it has to do with the TV's wifi. I noticed each size M has a different set of numbers and letters on Vizios site. I have no clue as to what those mean. Anyone have any ideas? Need a stronger router? Its a pretty old Netgear.
post #831 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
haha! that's definitely it!
post #832 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

It looks no wider than an equilateral triangle (probably less) between the mlp and the speakers, which is not a bad place to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herfavoritedj View Post

post #833 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs1216 View Post
I set the TV to CNETs settings and with a Blu Ray it looks really good. Watched Turbo with the kids thru Netflix and I am now really happy with the picture quality. Thanks for all who responded. However, for some reason I am having a problem connecting to Netflix on the 32" M in the bedroom. Not sure if it is not picking up the router signal which is across the house or if it has to do with the TV's wifi. I noticed each size M has a different set of numbers and letters on Vizios site. I have no clue as to what those mean. Anyone have any ideas? Need a stronger router? Its a pretty old Netgear.
Scratch all this. All of a sudden it works!! Not sure what changed over 30 min, but it works.
post #834 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Settings.....m602i-b3

Interested in what mods folks are making to the cnet settings.

And what do the "calibrated" and "calibrated dark" modes mean exactly?
H
post #835 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
Coming from a 32", so the 60" is a big enough upgrade for me
post #836 of 1941 Old 06-21-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdencain View Post
Interested in what mods folks are making to the cnet settings.

And what do the "calibrated" and "calibrated dark" modes mean exactly?
H
I would also like to know. I got my 60 inch on Thursday. I like the CNET settings except for a few things. I agree that faces are a bit too red but its better than the yellow faces before changing the pro settings. Also while watching orange is the new black, I noticed that the orange prisoner jumpsuits just aren't orange. They are if I don't use cnets pro settings. Otherwise very nice picture from this years M series.
post #837 of 1941 Old 06-22-2014, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

It's interesting that you got your M602i at Costco. On the Vizio site when you click on Find A Retailer for the 60", all they show is Walmart. In fact Costco is not listed for any of the retailer-available models. Walmart is listed on all (60", 42", 32"), Best Buy is listed for the 42" and 32". This makes me wonder how accurate any of the model availability info on their site is.
post #838 of 1941 Old 06-22-2014, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moinstl View Post
congrats on the new set!

I'm very interested in knowing how it goes and how much clearance there is in the back with the slim model in your link.

I ordered a wiremold flat screen tv cord and cable power kit cmk70 from amazon as it was $46 before applying my discover points. No wiring needed. It needs a bit of clearance.

Here are a few links. It looks very easy.
https://www.legrand.us/wiremold/tv-p...x#.u6xb0fkvkbo
http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...9sia24g1e34385
https://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb...tid=bb11860514
Sorry, I completed this around 2AM, so the pics aren't the best, I even managed to get some of the ceiling fan in the reflection. Pic right out of the box, no calibration, another project for another day. The mount is outrageously slim, you are going to have a hard time getting anything behind it, I always run everything through the wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	130698
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	130690

Last edited by Cabby; 06-22-2014 at 07:22 AM.
post #839 of 1941 Old 06-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baniels View Post
Just keep in mind that most building codes don't allow a typical stranded power cable behind the drywall.]
The one I ordered is okay for behind the wall. I saw the one you linked to and didn't want to mess with wiring it. In fact, I may just get a bigger console and not mount it. Haven't decided yet.
post #840 of 1941 Old 06-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sorry, I completed this around 2AM, so the pics aren't the best, I even managed to get some of the ceiling fan in the reflection. Pic right out of the box, no calibration, another project for another day. The mount is outrageously slim, you are going to have a hard time getting anything behind it, I always run everything through the wall.
Thanks for the pics. I called a local guy yesterday who has really good reviews for installing AV. He charges $99 for placing the mount and hanging the TV. I mentioned the Monoprice mounts and he said they are not well made and will sag. I countered it had over 1,000 good reviews between the one you mentioned and the one I looked at. I also said it it's rated for two or three times the weight of the set so how could it sag? Of course the brands he mentioned were all around $90. The only brand I recall him mentioning was Peerless. So what's the deal?

After sitting on my couch and looking at the TV, I don't think going higher is going to be better as my living room is not that big and I cannot rearrange it because of the layout. One wall has two small French doors leading to my home office which eliminates that wall. Without going through the whole thing, it is in the best spot. I sit about 12.5' from the back of the couch to the TV. So the room is only 14' in the wide direction. The other two walls are a little longer but won't work. So I may just get a bigger console. I need to think it all through.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page