AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by varucell View Post
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw1...it?usp=sharing

Looks like the bottom right and top left is noticeably warmer. When I turn on local dimming that some what fixes the issues. Is this normal or should I take it back?

Also just a second ago the TV decided just to die completely. Couldn't get it to respond until I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

This looks like a defective TV. Haven't seen those anomalies pored before. Might want to try for a replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1594 Old Today, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
This looks like a defective TV. Haven't seen those anomalies pored before. Might want to try for a replacement.
I just bought it two night ago so I should be able to take it back no problem. Do you think it is worth to stick with eh M552i-b2 or go do to the e600i-b3?
post #1593 of 1594 Old Today, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by varucell View Post
I just bought it two night ago so I should be able to take it back no problem. Do you think it is worth to stick with eh M552i-b2 or go do to the e600i-b3?

Personally I'd stick with the M series, but that's me.
post #1594 of 1594 Old Today, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by konigsberg7 View Post
When people say buy a more expensive TV, I don't get that.

I don't think the Vizio 2014 M series is cheap due to it having some sort of unique banding due to full-array, I think that's a defect or why else would Vizio, who requires proof of defect, send me a new TV?

I think it's budget because it doesn't have glass in the front, just a matte finish. The sound is terrible and mostly because the color accuracy is off.

None of that has to do with banding. CNET, for example, reviewed this TV against the Samsung F8000, which was the "tour de force of LED LCD TV design, features, and picture quality" in 2013 and this tv beat it in UNIFORMITY and black levels (which is what we're looking for in LED TVs compared to plasmas)

Whatever, I'm done. I'm pretty sure if I buy the X950B by Sony for 8 grand, I'll see the same type of banding.

I'll just deal with it and hope to get one that's not as noticeable.
Screen uniformity and banding (DSE) are two separate issues. The M series does indeed have excellent uniformity when the dimming scheme is engaged, that is as long as you're not watching a golf tournament when the camera is panning fairways or greens. And I don't think the effect is particularly subtle myself.

As for the blacks, they're sort of gimmicky unless you're talking about 384 dimming zones that the R series will have. The blacks surrounding a highlighted area in a dominant dark scene aren't particularly black and the highlight itself isn't particularly bright either. Should have known this Active Pixel Tuning thingy sounded too good to be true.

Sort of ironic that some of these bright LCD televisions struggle with brightness in some scenes of high contrast.

Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List