post #1621 of 2638 Old 08-07-2014, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Believe it's 100Mbit not gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremygary View Post
Does the M602i-b3 have a Gigabit eithernet adapter?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 2638 Old 08-07-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Does the M602i-b3 have a Gigabit eithernet adapter?

Whatever for?
post #1623 of 2638 Old 08-07-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1211 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Whatever for?

I'm guessing the user has an internal wired network and would like the extra head room for larger files. The Ethernet at 100/10 should be plenty however and I'm not sure how well the TV would stream high quality files anyways. While the M series does handle mt2s from blu-rays there would be no audio unless a lossy track is selected even at that I think the TV would struggle with some files over the network
post #1624 of 2638 Old 08-07-2014, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well I seem to be having an issue with my M492i-B2. I've had it about 4 weeks and now and after about 5 min of usage the colors and rendering freak out. This has been replicated with all hdmi inputs, various sources and even no source just sitting at the menu or smart tv screen. The glitched colors remain even after a power off and then power on, the boot vizio image is even still distorted. The only way to reverse it is to leave the TV powered off for 10-20 min, but again after about 5 min of usage it triggers again.

Pictures below, I bought this from sam's club so I think I'm just going to return it for a replacement. Tis a shame, I had been really enjoying the picture....

post #1625 of 2638 Old 08-07-2014, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hey guys, I just got a 652i but the settings are giving me a real headache! I setup picture settings just as I want them but whenever I open up Netflix, the picture settings are reset. Does each app/source have separate picture mode presets? Why would they design it like that?
post #1626 of 2638 Old 08-07-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I'm guessing the user has an internal wired network and would like the extra head room for larger files. The Ethernet at 100/10 should be plenty however and I'm not sure how well the TV would stream high quality files anyways. While the M series does handle mt2s from blu-rays there would be no audio unless a lossy track is selected even at that I think the TV would struggle with some files over the network
A Gigabit network won't slow down because a 100/10 device is connected. And since the TV generates no files nor has much onboard storage and won't ever need more than about 18Mb there is absolutely no advantage to a gig port.
post #1627 of 2638 Old 08-07-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
A Gigabit network won't slow down because a 100/10 device is connected. And since the TV generates no files nor has much onboard storage and won't ever need more than about 18Mb there is absolutely no advantage to a gig port.

If they are streaming mts files they could need more unless you were saying they don't need more than 18 MB not mb. Either way we are agreeing, the 100/10 should suit 98% of the users needs.
post #1628 of 2638 Old 08-07-2014, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Whatever for?
Extra headroom for displaying HQ JPEGs (over 10MB.) W/ Gb Ethernet, it would eliminate the lag when switching pictures from around 2 sec between pics to something like .2 sec.

It real doesn’t matter matter. I was mostly curious.

post #1629 of 2638 Old 08-08-2014, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzaur View Post
Hey guys, I just got a 652i but the settings are giving me a real headache! I setup picture settings just as I want them but whenever I open up Netflix, the picture settings are reset. Does each app/source have separate picture mode presets? Why would they design it like that?
Each source has different picture mode presets, with all of the VIA apps being a single source. Write down your settings and make a single custom setting for the apps.
post #1630 of 2638 Old 08-08-2014, 10:00 AM

On my M602i-B3, I am trying to set up my custom "Game" mode. By default, Game mode has Active LED zones set to off, SME to medium, MBR to on and Reduce signal noise to low. Any recommendations for how I should configure? It seems counterintuitive to have some of these turned on for a Game mode.

Also, I noticed that Game mode seems to be a good bit darker when I copy over my settings. Any idea why?

post #1631 of 2638 Old 08-08-2014, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
On my M602i-B3, I am trying to set up my custom "Game" mode. By default, Game mode has Active LED zones set to off, SME to medium, MBR to on and Reduce signal noise to low. Any recommendations for how I should configure? It seems counterintuitive to have some of these turned on for a Game mode.

Also, I noticed that Game mode seems to be a good bit darker when I copy over my settings. Any idea why?

It's darker because Motion Blur is on. You'll have to adjust your backlight to account for this. And yes it is counter intuitive to have these processing programs on in game mode. Nobody can seem to figure out what exactly is reducing latency in Game mode.
post #1632 of 2638 Old 08-08-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman006 View Post
It's darker because Motion Blur is on. You'll have to adjust your backlight to account for this. And yes it is counter intuitive to have these processing programs on in game mode. Nobody can seem to figure out what exactly is reducing latency in Game mode.
Thanks

post #1633 of 2638 Old 08-08-2014, 02:38 PM

Just to clarify ...

1. I can change advanced picture settings when making my custom Game mode. The flicker will indicate that it is still in Game mode. Do I have this correct?

2. Should I turn off all of the advanced picture settings for my Game mode (MBR, SME)? Should I turn on Active LED zones for my Game mode?

3. For creating a Sports setting, what has everyone been having succes with - MBR, SME, both? I don't care for the dimming effect from MBR, so I was thinking of just using SME.

My apologies if some of this has already been asked/answered before, but it is just so convoluted. And the more I read, the more confounded I seem to become.

post #1634 of 2638 Old 08-08-2014, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have a dialed in settings for the 60 inch?
post #1635 of 2638 Old 08-08-2014, 10:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Check out sound and vision for the 60 if you are just looking to copy settings. Otherwise it's ALWAYS better to adjust them yourself as the variation between Setswana what works for one may not work for you.
post #1636 of 2638 Old 08-08-2014, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Just to clarify ...

1. I can change advanced picture settings when making my custom Game mode. The flicker will indicate that it is still in Game mode. Do I have this correct?

2. Should I turn off all of the advanced picture settings for my Game mode (MBR, SME)? Should I turn on Active LED zones for my Game mode?

3. For creating a Sports setting, what has everyone been having succes with - MBR, SME, both? I don't care for the dimming effect from MBR, so I was thinking of just using SME.

My apologies if some of this has already been asked/answered before, but it is just so convoluted. And the more I read, the more confounded I seem to become.

1. That's my understanding.

2. I'm not sure, I don't notice input lag at all, so I haven't bothered with game mode.

3. I used both MBR and SME on the custom setting I calibrated specifically for sports. The grey scale and color calibration remained basically the same as the custom mode I created with them off, I just had to turn the backlight up (from 37 to 70) to make up for the reduced light output of MBR to retain 40 ftl peak output.
post #1637 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
What are the grid like patterns i see on my m492i when it pans sometimes? are they supposed to be visible
post #1638 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by renji1337 View Post
What are the grid like patterns i see on my m492i when it pans sometimes? are they supposed to be visible
What you're noticing is likely the array of LEDs behind the panel, I also had this banding on my 49" M. They shouldn't be visible but I suspect all of them have this issue with this screen size anyway. If you watch any of the PGA championship today you'll see your banding in full force. Golf is good for critiquing banding and motion resolution (close up shots of putts on the green).

Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
post #1639 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukichon View Post
Well, my third M422 is going to have to go back. The remote is still intermittently working, the volume box gets stuck on the screen, the manual power button on the back is intermittent and I keep getting another box saying 'retrieving data'. It's the second of three with similar issues bit the remote failing is the most annoying. I have to take the power out and power it up again to get the remote to work, and then it kinky usually lasts for a few seconds....I have tried to search and all in can find is others having similar issues but no answers. I've called Vizio, only for them to send me a new remote which it isn't the problem, they also said my router might be the issue, something to do with the DLNA? .....great pic, but I suppose the old saying is right 'you get what you pay for' and in this case, it's not much at all
I had the exact same problem on two sets. Does anyone know if there is fix? I love the tv and it fits perfectly in the cabinet I have so I would love to get this problem resolved.

Last edited by mmlong89; 08-10-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Typo
post #1640 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmlong89 View Post
I had the exact same problem on two sets. Does anyone know if there is fix? I love the tv and it fits perfectly in the cabinet I have so I would love to get this problem resolved.
Read in another post that if you turn off the power light when the tv is on (I think that's in the advanced menu) it seems to correct the issue. I turned mine off first thing just because I do not like a glowing light when I'm trying to watch a movie in a dark room. My remote has always worked correctly however so it could just be a coincidence.
post #1641 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
I have to ask. I got a replacement from Vizio but I still see banding when panning through a blue sky.

Do any of you guys have a 65 inch that doesn't have some sort of banding when panning on those certain colors?

It almost looks like its the FALD that's causing the "banding" and I put quotation marks because it might not even be banding but just the LED's being a bit too bright because the bands can be so uniform. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
post #1642 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konigsberg7 View Post
I have to ask. I got a replacement from Vizio but I still see banding when panning through a blue sky.

Do any of you guys have a 65 inch that doesn't have some sort of banding when panning on those certain colors?

It almost looks like its the FALD that's causing the "banding" and I put quotation marks because it might not even be banding but just the LED's being a bit too bright because the bands can be so uniform. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Have you tried to adjust settings? Also have you tried Turing off the active LED setting? If any of these help it may just be the settings you are using. You could also be unluckily sensitive to this anomaly. If you can post pictures of what you are seeing it may help. Do you only see it in blu sky? What's the source of the banding you are seeing (blu-ray? Cable? DVD?)
post #1643 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Have you tried to adjust settings? Also have you tried Turing off the active LED setting? If any of these help it may just be the settings you are using. You could also be unluckily sensitive to this anomaly. If you can post pictures of what you are seeing it may help. Do you only see it in blu sky? What's the source of the banding you are seeing (blu-ray? Cable? DVD?)
I don't really have a camera good enough to show it. I've tested it on blu-ray (WoW Disc) and video games.

Turning off Active LED doesn't help.

Yes, I only see it in like a blue sky or a green field when PANNING. I'm on my 5th set, the 4th was replaced by Vizio themselves and I think (correct me if I'm wrong please) that they check their replacements before they send them out.

For me to show you I'd have to setup my phone on a stable and level enough surface thats high enough to capture video and I'd have to post it probably on Youtube. A picture might capture it.

You can see it barely on still images, but I dont have that really dark grey on a disc that really shows banding on a still image, I've been lazy.

Mainly, I'm just looking for a claim from someone who notices no banding from panning at all.

I am using stock settings. I cant find good calibration settings that would affect it a bit. The ones David K posted are off for some reason.

Keep in mind, I have seen TVs that don't have any banding at all at this large of size and bigger. I really think its a FALD thing -- This post and quote kind of summarizes what I think is happening :

Official 2014 Vizio Mxxx-Bx Series owners thread

I feel like that's just the norm of the TV since I've seen it across 5 (3 from Amazon, 1 from Best Buy and my current replacement from Vizio) sets.

Even more. Sony's last year FALD had banding complaints and even this year with their flagship, I see complaints. Local dimming with traditional LEDs on the side, I don't really see consistent complaints. I ordered a Sony X900B which is ranked #1 for picture quality besides a plasma on CNET, but it's not FALD, just local dimming, so I'm hoping for good things. I still have this TV and am thinking of giving it to my cousin as a birthday present.

Last edited by konigsberg7; 08-10-2014 at 04:11 PM.
post #1644 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 04:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The ones posted by David were for the 60 I believe and that uses a different panel than the 65" that would be the reason they look off

If you have the wow disc use that for basic settings, you won't be able to do much without a meter besides that. Using other settings is "iffy" usually.

From what I have read the banding seems to be consistent, but it varies to degrees depending on the owner, settings and actual set size. I haven't seen anyone who observes the absence of banding, but rather the banding they do see is minimal and rare enough that they are willing to deal with it.

I'm guessing you're coming from a DLP and that will be hard to match in some areas. Plasma and LCD still lag behind it. There are other areas however where the plasma and LCD will wipe the floor with DLP.

The slides are readily available and also available with the TVs menu. You may see them pronounced in the slides but it may help show what you are seeing.

One of the bad things about this site is that you may look for things you never saw and once seen they are hard to unsee
post #1645 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 58
After staring at my crappy glass tube 19" standard def set for 12yrs, I finally broke down and bought the Vizio M322i-B1. To be FALD, 1080p, 120hz, and smart was a step up from the other 32" models I've been researching(especially considering the price from Costco). I've set it at custom under Calibrated w/ only Active LED & motion blur on, w/ sharpness at 20. Turning it off completely was a tad too dull for me. Any info/advice from current owners appreciated...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N

Last edited by rightintel; 08-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.
post #1646 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
The ones posted by David were for the 60 I believe and that uses a different panel than the 65" that would be the reason they look off

If you have the wow disc use that for basic settings, you won't be able to do much without a meter besides that. Using other settings is "iffy" usually.

From what I have read the banding seems to be consistent, but it varies to degrees depending on the owner, settings and actual set size. I haven't seen anyone who observes the absence of banding, but rather the banding they do see is minimal and rare enough that they are willing to deal with it.

I'm guessing you're coming from a DLP and that will be hard to match in some areas. Plasma and LCD still lag behind it. There are other areas however where the plasma and LCD will wipe the floor with DLP.

The slides are readily available and also available with the TVs menu. You may see them pronounced in the slides but it may help show what you are seeing.

One of the bad things about this site is that you may look for things you never saw and once seen they are hard to unsee
That's why I'm just going with the local dimming route and the new 900B by sony has it down as well as the f8000 or even the curved HU9000. Yes, I know, more expensive, but oh well.
post #1647 of 2638 Old 08-10-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konigsberg7 View Post
That's why I'm just going with the local dimming route and the new 900B by sony has it down as well as the f8000 or even the curved HU9000. Yes, I know, more expensive, but oh well.

Much more expensive and in a least some tests the m series beats out the f8000 hopefully the x900 works out for you
post #1648 of 2638 Old 08-11-2014, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Purchased a 70" VIZIO M702i-B3

After doing about a weeks worth of research, I broke down and purchased a VIZIO 70" M702i-B3 from Amazon. I got $50 off for being a Prime Member. And a I got a 5 year Square Trade Warranty. I already have an Epson 5020UB projector/home theater in my basement. This TV is going to be an upgrade for my 6 year old Samsung LED DLP 61A750, which is upstairs. Which is a flawless set BTW. Yes. I've heard about the vertical banding issues. Yet I was looking at the Sony and Sharp sets. These too have their flaws if you read about them here on AVS. So I will take my chances. If I do not like it, I will gladly return the set. But I am looking forward to it. It arrives next Monday on 8/18.
post #1649 of 2638 Old 08-11-2014, 07:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawater View Post
After doing about a weeks worth of research, I broke down and purchased a VIZIO 70" M702i-B3 from Amazon. I got $50 off for being a Prime Member. And a I got a 5 year Square Trade Warranty. I already have an Epson 5020UB projector/home theater in my basement. This TV is going to be an upgrade for my 6 year old Samsung LED DLP 61A750, which is upstairs. Which is a flawless set BTW. Yes. I've heard about the vertical banding issues. Yet I was looking at the Sony and Sharp sets. These too have their flaws if you read about them here on AVS. So I will take my chances. If I do not like it, I will gladly return the set. But I am looking forward to it. It arrives next Monday on 8/18.

I think the biggest issue you may have is with the motion capabilities. DLP was one of the techs that "just worked" when it came to motion. Unless you're used to plasma/LCD motion already that is
post #1650 of 2638 Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello Everyone.. Im posting something I had posted on the specific M65 thread. I thought I would get many more responses here..

Hey Guys.

I am looking to buy my first TV over 32" and I have my eyes on the M65 2014 from Vizio..
I have done a tonne of research and I have it sitting in my amazon cart ready to check out.
But before I do I want to know a few things that will help me make my decision.

1. Is the actual refresh rate 60/120/240?

2. Everyone has said the picture needs tweaking once you get the TV. How easy is it to do simple basic calibration? I have no tools or any special TV equipment and don't want to buy any? Can I get simple settings that would work?

3. Is the TV stable on the stand, and is there any room to tie a safety strap?

4. Is the remote still connecting via IR or is it now bluetooth?

5. How user friendly is the YouTube app? Compared to the AppleTV version?

6. If I was to get this TV, what would be the best to know if I have a banding issue or a defective unit?

7. For in and around the price of 1499 is the M65 my best bet? Will it be the best decision I will make TV wise. I see a similar 65" LG on sale at a dollar less but I lose 1 HDMI port, but I gain an LG, worth it?

Would appreciate feedback and answers from actual users of this TV so I hope I get some good advice..

Thanks everyone!!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page