Panasonic Beats Plasma Picture Quality with TC-AX800U Series - Page 48 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1411 of 1414 Old 08-19-2014, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
If that's the case, then it's pretty much Samsung, the garbage Sony spits out, LG, and Vizio. The TV industry is getting too limited and too focused on $$$ instead of trying to make a great product and let consumers buy off quality. Isn't what it used to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1414 Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettF77 View Post
If that's the case, then it's pretty much Samsung, the garbage Sony spits out, LG, and Vizio. The TV industry is getting too limited and too focused on $$$ instead of trying to make a great product and let consumers buy off quality. Isn't what it used to be.
you will wonder but they only exist to make money so nothing change in the past.
post #1413 of 1414 Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
with the way the AX800 rollout has gone, do you really think AX900 even has a chance of coming to fruition?

Nobody has heard a peep about it, we don't even know street pricing yet. And in less than 2 weeks, September will be here.

I wouldn't be surprised if AX900 never materializes and panasonic simply exits the TV business. I have no industry insider experience, just going off how the AX800 has been handled.
As an enthusiast, you're not alone. Even some insiders are hinting at this very real possibility. I think Sony just recently (as of 2013/14) managed to turn a slim profit in their TV business. No way in hell Panasonic has managed that since exiting plasma (after a decade of losses). The CEO is all about cutting off bleeding limbs, so it wouldn't surprise me to see this one go next.
post #1414 of 1414 Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Sure when we take them at face value, that's NOT what Mark (imagic) was doing however.
Didn't imply he did, but for critical viewing, the weakness of those numbers will be apparent.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page