Samsung HU8550 or Sony X900A - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung HU8550 or Sony X900A

Guys I have been going back and forth between both these tv's for awhile now. I can't decide what to do. I have a chance to get either the HU8550 in a 55 inch or the X900a in a 65 inch. Size doesn't matter to me. Either will work. I'm just having a hard time deciding mainly b/c one of them is this years and the other is last years models. Can I get some input here please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 View Post
Guys I have been going back and forth between both these tv's for awhile now. I can't decide what to do. I have a chance to get either the HU8550 in a 55 inch or the X900a in a 65 inch. Size doesn't matter to me. Either will work. I'm just having a hard time deciding mainly b/c one of them is this years and the other is last years models. Can I get some input here please?
I am not sure if I will be of much help, but I know the feeling of getting zero response to a thread so I thought I'd add some opinion.

I own the xbr-55x850a which is basically the 900a minus the speakers. I am very pleased with my purchase. What you miss out on by going with the 2013 model over the 2014 Samsung is the ability to watch 4k Netflix without buying extra equipment. Again, the Sony can do it but you will have to buy a external device to make it work. Also, the Samsungs frame did look a lot better to me when compared to the sony. Samsungs picture will probably be brighter than Sony's if that's what you are looking for. But at the end of the day, I would choose a 65 inch over a 55 inch any day of the week. Since you said that isn't important to you I'm not sure what to say. All I know is prior to getting the Sony 55 inch 4k tv, I came from a 42 inch Sharp. As soon as I got everything set up, I wish I would have gone even bigger.

My vote is for the Sony, mainly because of the size difference and I can wait on Netflix 4k.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-30-2014, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How do these compare to the F8500 plasma for non-4K signals? Which is the best?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - HU8550 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page