Vertical lines on Samsung LED TV (UN55SD8000) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-05-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Vertical lines on Samsung LED TV (UN55SD8000)

Hi,

I have a Samsung UN55SD8000 TV. It is over 2 years old. I have lot of vertical thin blue lines on my screen. Lot of them on the left edge and some on the right and many across the middle of the TV. I have attached two picture showing the problem. I called Samsung and they did the remote display diagnostic test. He just gave me number of repair guy. Did not really tell me what is wrong. I would think they could tell if screen is bad or some xyz part may not be replaced.

Any ideas on the problem? Will this require replacing my screen or just cleaning the connector to the screen? Trying to see if worth calling TV repair guy or not.

Thanks,

Rajat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV_1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	149442   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV_2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	149450  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-12-2014, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey I'm having a similar issue with my Samsung LED TV - were you able to fix it?
post #3 of 6 Old 08-13-2014, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
This seems to be a lot like the issue in this thread:

Samsung LCD TV colored vertical lines - issue resolved - loose connector - save yourself $1237 (my model LN55C650)

I get this as well still, about once a week. If I reach behind the TV and tap/push the HDMI cable, the lines go away and the TV's perfect again for anywhere between a couple days and a couple months. Hope that helps.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-13-2014, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
This seems to be a lot like the issue in this thread:

Samsung LCD TV colored vertical lines - issue resolved - loose connector - save yourself $1237 (my model LN55C650)

I get this as well still, about once a week. If I reach behind the TV and tap/push the HDMI cable, the lines go away and the TV's perfect again for anywhere between a couple days and a couple months. Hope that helps.
Thanks - I tried that a couple days ago without any luck. May need to open it up again and take another look.

Did you only see the lines when certain colors were displayed? Thats my issue. The lines are in fixed positions but they only fill out if a green color or random bright color is displayed.

This video is the same issue I'm having. Is it similar to what you had?

post #5 of 6 Old 08-31-2014, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazed View Post
Thanks - I tried that a couple days ago without any luck. May need to open it up again and take another look.

Did you only see the lines when certain colors were displayed? Thats my issue. The lines are in fixed positions but they only fill out if a green color or random bright color is displayed.

This video is the same issue I'm having. Is it similar to what you had?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpFNRXsKjw
Not not at all, the whole screen has lines everywhere, it seems like it just happens over time, like the connectors aren't soldered to the board completely, and it starts to pull off ever so slightly over weeks and months until not all the contacts are touching.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-01-2014, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
great, like the connectors aren't soldered to the board completely, and it starts to pull off ever so slightly over weeks and months until not all the contacts are touching.[IMG]http://*******/Wdbwyv[/IMG]thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page