1Likes
  • 1 Post By SharpOne

post #1 of 5 Old 07-16-2014, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Screen Cleaning

I just bought a 60 inch 2014 Vizio M Series and had it mounted. It looks great but installers left finger prints on screen mounting it.

What would you recommend to clean LED screen ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1976 View Post
I just bought a 60 inch 2014 Vizio M Series and had it mounted. It looks great but installers left finger prints on screen mounting it.

What would you recommend to clean LED screen ?
I think most people here just use distilled water and a clean microfiber cloth.

I will usually use a damp cloth first, then I'll "buff" it out with a dry one.
Ph8te likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-16-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 239
^^^^ Yes. The general consensus is distilled water (warmed if necessary) and a clean microfiber cloth if your panel gets dirty. For weekly dusting, I recommend a Dry Swifter Sweeper Refill (unscented) to gently wipe off the dust that may accumulate. I don't know about "buffing". The few times I've had to clean my panel with distilled water I just gently dry the panel with another clean microfiber cloth. Buffing may put undo pressure on the panel if you're too vigorous, but do what you feel comfortable with.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-17-2014, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For hand smudges, I use distilled water mixed with 70% isopropyl alcohol 50/50 sprayed on a microfibre cloth from a new spray bottle. Buy a new bottle just for this cleaning solution (not used). Take your rings and watch off, tuck the corners and edges of your microfiber in so the seams do not contact the screen., spray the cloth (not the screen) and start at the top doing gentle swirls. Work your way across and down. Buff with the dry side. With the TV off, look at a reflection of a window to make sure the smudges are gone and there's no streaking. Repeat if necessary.

Once clean, do the bezel with the same cloth and then pop the cloth in the wash (no fabric softened). I wouldn't use the alcohol solution unless you have oily fingerprints to be removed. Once it's clean, just a dry microfiber cloth will do for dusting.

If you see any hand prints after its clean, it's time for a family meeting. Find out who is touching the screen and have them do pushups.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-17-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Depending on the panel coating (if any) even a 35% solution of isopropyl alcohol may damage the coating overtime. Some have used good quality eye glass cleaner (the kind the optometrist gives you if you have coated lenses) for smudges. Warm distilled water does work for most smudges, unless you have the "peanut butter" finger prints then yes, a family meeting is definitely in order
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page