Please help me choose! Vizio m series 60 inch.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2014, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help me choose! Vizio m series 60 inch....

Help me choose between new 2014 Visio m series or a samsung f5300 60 inch please help me !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by straighttrippin View Post
Help me choose between new 2014 Visio m series or a samsung f5300 60 inch please help me !
I service these things under direction of warranty fulfillment companies and seeing what I see and knowing what I know, my personal preference would be toward the plasma despite the seeming negatives. The F5300 has a pentile display which gives a "screen door" effect up close but at viewing distances, the elements will not be seen and the pop of the color and quality of the blacks on this plasma make up for it. The F5300 only has two HDMI inputs. If you have more than two HDMI devices to connect, you can get an AV receiver which would serve to power a speaker system as well. I do not recommend juggling HDMI devices by constantly disconnecting and connecting. The ports will suffer undue wear.

The F5300 doesn't have Internet and I actually consider that a good thing. Wireless security between some routers and some HDTV's can be buggy this is especially true with some VIZIO's. Streaming speeds are also dependent on a strong signal path to the router. Again.... some VIZIO's aren't steller as far as wireless sensitivity goes and their NetFlix app will be the first one to kick out with the Try Again button because of distance, speed, or security confusion. Need Internet apps, get a Roku. As I mentioned, I do in-home service on these HDTV's and I'm beginning to detest built-in Internet. Go for picture quality first.

The F5300 plasma comes defaultly set with the Eco-Sensor ON. Turn it off and your picture will be brighter. Movie mode looks good but there are some detailed settings elsewhere on AVS.

I'm sure there are settings adjustments that can be made on the M-Series sets to minimize the gray blacks, detectible backlight and soap opera effect. In daytime with presets, the M-Series is fine. VIZIO is a good company that takes care of warranty issues in a quick manner.

But I absolutely love my 4 year old PN50C700 Samsung plasma and prefer it to any LCD I have seen. So much so that when I found out Samsung was discontinuing plasma production, I bought the same 60" F5300 you are considering for my son's room and also the 51" F5300 as backup for the day that my 50" plasma bites it.

My 2.5 cents.