post #31 of 224 Old 07-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post
Except he's not agreeing with you in that Vizio is not on par with the Samsungs, not based on the post you're replying to anyway. I believe what tubby is opining is any success Vizio has with this year's models will not have that much of an impact on Samsung in terms of overall sales. You're entitled to your opinion on the superiority of the Samsungs but it runs counter to a number of E and M series reviews.

So your opinion based on reviews you've read, is the current E and M series provides a better picture overall than the current Samsung 8 series? I would say for the price perhaps, but anything other than a value comparison I would not agree with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 224 Old 07-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
I agree with you that Samsung and certainly the country Korea are not going to be shaking in their boots because of Vizio but I do believe they will eventually take market share from Samsung in the mid range with the M series and the higher range with the P series. Also, it's going to to take time for Vizio to change their image from a Cosco brand even if the P series is a great success.

As it is the Vizio M series is superior to any Samsung 6 and 7 series in overall PQ. The 8 series has too much of an advantage in color accuracy and video processing and it does have a hardware based dimming scheme that works well for an edge-lit design so that's what it's going to take to beat the M series in overall PQ with a Samsung.

Of course if you have a controlled environment the lowly Samsung plasma F5300 beats them all in PQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotchaa View Post
So your opinion based on reviews you've read, is the current E and M series provides a better picture overall than the current Samsung 8 series? I would say for the price perhaps, but anything other than a value comparison I would not agree with.
No, per my earlier post.

Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
post #33 of 224 Old 07-26-2014, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do these have the white spots?
post #34 of 224 Old 07-26-2014, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Parr View Post
He has been talking about this model for about a month on Leo Laport The Tech Guy.

Thanks, didn't listen to that podcast

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS
post #35 of 224 Old 07-26-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo3 View Post
Do these have the white spots?

White spots? Since there haven't been any owners posting yet hard to say

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS
post #36 of 224 Old 07-27-2014, 01:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 132
[QUOTE]I believe a few years have passed to ascertain the "reliability/durability" of Vizio's HDTVs and i imagine the same applies to the 2014 line unless Vizio started using LCD panels from completely different sources than used in previous years [QUOTE] How does it go? Past performance does not guarantee future results"?
How many times have you seen I bought a xxxx because I have owned one for the past xx years and never had any problem. Doesn't mean things don't change, because they surely do, especially with big business since they can and do whatever they want (and get away with) since deregulation is mostly a thing of the past.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #37 of 224 Old 07-27-2014, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 545
Quote:
Perhaps I'm reading your post incorrectly but if I didn't know any better I think you're saying the Vizio M702i-B3 is an edge-lit TV. If true, you're guilty of being wildly misinformed.
In addition, even a full array local dimming set with only 36 zones is still more effective and more granular than the edge-lit sets Samsung and everyone else are trying to pedal.
Ph8te likes this.
post #38 of 224 Old 07-27-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The 70" set is now showing on Costco's web site anyway for $1,849.00 Says 7-10 days for shipping, nothing about local pickup yet. But I may have to troll through Costco today just to be sure :-)

EDIT: Trolling unsuccessful on Sunday. Both stores had empty gaps where the old 70" used to be, so hopefully they'll get the new M-Series soon.

Vizio 70" 1080p 240Hz Smart LED HDTV M702i-B3

Last edited by jfischer; 07-27-2014 at 07:43 PM.
post #39 of 224 Old 07-27-2014, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
PICK UP or Have it DELIVERED

Im ready to pull the trigger on this 70 inch TV... AND NOW that I see it available ONLINE at Costco , Im thinking get it online with FREE delivery....
My initial intent was to pick it up at the store, only to make sure it got to my home , undamaged....

Is THERE ANY REASON NOT TO HAVE IT DELIVERED??
post #40 of 224 Old 07-27-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

If you're able to I think people always prefer to pick it up
Themselves. One less place for damage to take place.
post #41 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph8te View Post
if you're able to i think people always prefer to pick it up
themselves. One less place for damage to take place.
yup.... Roger that...
post #42 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0230 View Post
Im ready to pull the trigger on this 70 inch TV... AND NOW that I see it available ONLINE at Costco , Im thinking get it online with FREE delivery..
..........Aaaaaaand it's gone. Don't see it their site this morning anyway.

Agree with everyone else, I'd much rather go get it in person so I can see if the box was crushed, etc. Plus you never know what those delivery guys are handling an individual item like that before you get it.

That being said, these things are huge so you'll need a pickup truck or something pretty good sized if you plan to get it yourself.
post #43 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
..........Aaaaaaand it's gone. Don't see it their site this morning anyway.

Agree with everyone else, I'd much rather go get it in person so I can see if the box was crushed, etc. Plus you never know what those delivery guys are handling an individual item like that before you get it.

That being said, these things are huge so you'll need a pickup truck or something pretty good sized if you plan to get it yourself.
Well UR right and NOT right... I went yesterday to eagerly find the listing... However the path I took to find the TV did not display it.... So I backed out to the top of the costco sight,into electronics, tv bigger than... u get the picture... AND THE TV IS Listed... Scroll down , its listed by price...

And as for the Big truck, I have a Pontiac Vibe, with carry all's for the roof... I asked the guy if it could be transported on its side, and he said yes... As a mater of fact there were a STACK load of new vizio 65 inch TV's stacked on their side...
The sales guy said they are typically shipped this way (flat on the side)

I plan to open the box at Costco to see which side the screen pannel is on, andput that face up on the carry alls on top of the car...

Best Regards
Cheers!!! Mate...
post #44 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I plan to open the box at Costco to see which side the screen pannel is on, and put that face up on the carry alls on top of the car...

Best Regards
Cheers!!! Mate...
No need to open the box, it says which side is the front right on it :-)
post #45 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
no need to open the box, it says which side is the front right on it :-)
cool thx!
post #46 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojofro View Post
First post...hope its not a dupe but wanted to let all know you can finally buy it.. 1,899.00 at the Vizio storefront. Ordered mine today. Hope its as good as the specs look.

m702i-b3
Have you gotten any updates on this? Is it en-route, or what's the status? Inquiring minds want to know! :-)
post #47 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 09:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Well UR right and NOT right... I went yesterday to eagerly find the listing... However the path I took to find the TV did not display it.... So I backed out to the top of the costco sight,into electronics, tv bigger than... u get the picture... AND THE TV IS Listed... Scroll down , its listed by price...

And as for the Big truck, I have a Pontiac Vibe, with carry all's for the roof... I asked the guy if it could be transported on its side, and he said yes... As a mater of fact there were a STACK load of new vizio 65 inch TV's stacked on their side...

I plan to open the box at Costco to see which side the screen pannel is on, andput that face up on the carry alls on top of the car...

Best Regards
Cheers!!! Mate...
I don't know if it really matters or not, but I would not transport a display laying flat like that. They're shipped and stored standing on edge as far as I know, I've never seen displays shipped/stored flat on their sides and also have never seen it at a Costco either.

I don't know, maybe it's okay, I certainly wouldn't do it though.
post #48 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I dunno, that seems risky to me. Every palette of TV's I've seen at Costco has been shrink-wrapped in a vertical orientation. It might be one thing to lay them flat for display, but I'd be hesitant to put it on the roof of a car that way. There's going to be a lot of stress put on it as you bounce down the road.

Personally I don't think I'd try it, but it's your TV
videobruce likes this.
post #49 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I dunno, that seems risky to me. Every palette of TV's I've seen at Costco has been shrink-wrapped in a vertical orientation. It might be one thing to lay them flat for display, but I'd be hesitant to put it on the roof of a car that way. There's going to be a lot of stress put on it as you bounce down the road.

Personally I don't think I'd try it, but it's your TV
Actually that is a GREAT argument to have it shipped...
post #50 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Actually that is a GREAT argument to have it shipped...
From Costco maybe, but who knows what happens to it in between, that's why most want to pick it up themselves.

For transport, they have the dimensions of the box on Vizio's site, just measure and see if your mini-van/SUV can fit it standing upright. If not, U-Haul rents white trucks for $20/day. Well worth it for transport as opposed to strapping it on it's back on the top of your Vibe, which sounds like the worst idea in history to me.
post #51 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hmmm...no discounted price at Costco...

Murphy's New Law --
"If it doesn't fit, force it.
If it breaks it was meant to"
post #52 of 224 Old 07-28-2014, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Parr View Post
Hmmm...no discounted price at Costco...
Appears to be $50 less and free shipping from Costco. I was tempted to order from V's site, but they also charge $99 for shipping.

I will just sit tight until the local Costco gets some in.

EDIT: Just checked this morning, now the Costco site says: "This item may currently be in stock at your local warehouse for immediate purchase at the same price. " So they may be arriving sooner than expected. I will have to stop by on my way home and see if they have any yet...

Last edited by jfischer; 07-29-2014 at 06:34 AM.
post #53 of 224 Old 07-29-2014, 08:24 AM

Liked: 0
re M702i-B3

I called my local costco in Virginia yesterday and they said the M702i-B3 may be arriving at the distribution center on friday and then in their store on saturday or sunday or monday.
post #54 of 224 Old 07-29-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLF View Post
I called my local costco in Virginia yesterday and they said the M702i-B3 may be arriving at the distribution center on friday and then in their store on saturday or sunday or monday.
I will have to call my store and see what they say. I'm guessing these come in to a port in Los Angeles somewhere and then are shipped across the country. If so, we may see them in Denver a few days before VA

EDIT: Local store says they are arriving 8/1, so hopefully I can snag one this weekend!

Last edited by jfischer; 07-29-2014 at 09:42 AM.
post #55 of 224 Old 07-30-2014, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is this the official thread for this model now? Or is there another one I missed.

Ordered through Amazon, no ship date yet. Hoping next week.
post #56 of 224 Old 07-30-2014, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

"Official". May want to start a new thread "M702-B3 Owners Thread" once you or someone else gets their set in. That way it may be easier to find and post information.
post #57 of 224 Old 07-30-2014, 06:27 AM

Ordered one yesterday from Dell.com (Had a huge credit there) and showing the estimated delivery date as 8/18. Hopefully it's quicker than that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-30_8-24-54.png
Views:	48
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	187306  
post #58 of 224 Old 07-30-2014, 02:32 PM

Bought one online from COSTCO

With all of the debate (above) on How I was going to pick up the TV with Carry Alls on my pontiac VIBE, I decided to Have them Deliver it,since shipping is free... The 70 inch TVS are NOT in the sarasota store so I can wait for the delivery...

To Note: I called VIZIO and they said transporting it home flat on top of the car was OK...
I called a repair guy and he said the same thing.
I also spoke to the manager of the COSTCO store (onsite) and he said he would not, but would not stop me from doing it that way...
post #59 of 224 Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Im ready to pull the trigger on this 70 inch TV... AND NOW that I see it available ONLINE at Costco , Im thinking get it online with FREE delivery....
My initial intent was to pick it up at the store, only to make sure it got to my home , undamaged....

Is THERE ANY REASON NOT TO HAVE IT DELIVERED??
Yes, one very good reason; if they drop it they eat it, if YOU drop it (or anything else that would 86 it), guess what?
Especially something that large and unwieldy.
Ph8te likes this.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #60 of 224 Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 38
this or the 80 3d?

Coming from a 2011 60 LG plasma.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page