lc-60le845U Calabration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
lc-60le845U Calabration

I'm looking for the calibration settings for the Sharplc-60le845u. I found a few on the forum but none of them looked very good. Mostof them had settings for color and tint as well as settings for C.M.S. I wasunder the impression that a properly calibrated TV would leave color and tintat 0 and only use C.M.S. I also tried the Disney WOW discs with the blue filterbut that really screwed with the colors. I'm assuming the yellow setting ismaking this more difficult. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The lc-60le845U and thelc-60le847U appear to have different hardware/software so amlooking for setting specific to the 845

I understand all sets are different but anything close will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattray View Post
I'm looking for the calibration settings for the Sharplc-60le845u. I found a few on the forum but none of them looked very good. Mostof them had settings for color and tint as well as settings for C.M.S. I wasunder the impression that a properly calibrated TV would leave color and tintat 0 and only use C.M.S. I also tried the Disney WOW discs with the blue filterbut that really screwed with the colors. I'm assuming the yellow setting ismaking this more difficult. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The lc-60le845U and thelc-60le847U appear to have different hardware/software so amlooking for setting specific to the 845

Sharp LC-70LE845U Calibration, including 3D!

I had this set for 2 years and maintained the calibration updates till about a month ago.
There are plenty of folks who were happy with the settings.
You are right that proper calibration should leave the Tint control alone. Mine do...
post #3 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:

What you are probably experiencing is the "dreaded yellow pixel" problem that can't be overcome with just using a disk alone to adjust your panel. And due to component tolerance differences between tv's, it can be really bad when borrowing another's settings, even from the same model and build line. Properly calibrating these tv's can be achieved with quality meters, pattern generators, and a lot of time. They are a bit more challenging than other tv's but once properly calibrated, they look really good.
post #4 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Even worse than the yellow pixel is the dominance of blue on the le845u model.
And you're right about the time involved. Using just the AVS calibration disc and lots
of patience, I got some really nice settings that worked across various inputs.
Lots of compliments from 845 users and even some 847 users as well.
Then I got a warranty exchange with a UQ17U and had to start completely over
with brand new assumptions. Even though both use similar blue LEDs with yellow
phosphor, the new set seems to aggressively utilize the yellow for brightness and
is harder to keep in acceptable bounds in fleshtones. I miss my 845u, but there's
no going back!...
post #5 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. I will try these settings tonight. It will be a good starting point for my set. I read the thread you provided. on 6-3-2014 you wrote "Also, since mysettings, I have now set my backlight to +4 and I have changed the bluesettings in the CMS.Forthe blue CMS: Tint all the way to green, Saturation to minimum, and Value tomaximum." To insure I change the correct settings can you update them below. I'm a noobie so I need a lot of hand holding.

Original settings you posted.
CMS Hue: All (0) except Cyan (+12)
CMSSaturation: R: (-9), Y: (0), G: (-16), C: (+30), B: (-5), M: (0)
CMSValue: All (0) except C: (-11), B: (+10)
post #6 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I will try these settings tonight. It will be a good starting point for my set. I read the thread you provided. on 6-3-2014 you wrote "Also, since mysettings, I have now set my backlight to +4 and I have changed the bluesettings in the CMS.Forthe blue CMS: Tint all the way to green, Saturation to minimum, and Value tomaximum." To insure I change the correct settings can you update them below. I'm a noobie so I need a lot of hand holding.

Original settings you posted.
CMS Hue: All (0) except Cyan (+12), Blue (-30)
CMS Saturation: R: (-9), Y: (0), G: (-16), C: (+30), B: (-30), M: (0)
CMSValue: All (0) except C: (-11), B: (+30)
There you go -- I have to do it by memory, no longer having the set!
I think the greenest setting for blue is -30, etc...
post #7 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:

Modified Settings:

CMS Hue: All (0) except Cyan (+12), Blue (-30)
CMS Saturation: R: (-9), Y: (0), G: (-16), C: (+30), B: (-30), M: (0)
CMSValue: All (0) except C: (-11), B: (+30)
There you go -- I have to do it by memory, no longer having the set!
I think the greenest setting for blue is -30, etc.
Let me know if you like the settings.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-24-2014, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thecolor looks great but the soap opera effect was very bad. I turned off filmmode and it now looks great. Thank you for your help.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-24-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Glad you got it looking the way you want!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page