Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-19-2014, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sharp Aquos LC40E67UN Incompatible signal

Hello,

I bought my Sharp Aquos in 2009 and just bought a MICCA speck digital media player. When I connect it via HDMI it says "incompatible signal". I tried it on my 1 year old LG LCD via HDMI and it works perfectly. I have updated the Firmware to the latest release and have contacted Sharp and get this response:

Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.
We apologize but we cannot guarantee the compatibility of our Sharp products with non-Sharp products unless listed in the manual.This model is also discontinued and this unit has no Internet or smart functions. This unit will not have any capabilities either in the future. If you have any more questions please feel free to call or email.

I have tried multiple HDMI cords and imputs to no avail. I have changed the output on the MICCA to every one that is available and it has no worked. I have made sure I am on the correct Input channel and that the HDMI option is selected on the MICCA. I would really just like to watch some family home videos with ease. Thank you all for any help you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-19-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Watch your stuff on the LG.

Lot easier than tilting at an incompatible windmill.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-19-2014, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSHO89 View Post
Watch your stuff on the LG.

Lot easier than tilting at an incompatible windmill.
I have mirrored everything that I did on the LG to the Sharp. Nothing
post #4 of 4 Old 07-19-2014, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo4life View Post
Hello,

I bought my Sharp Aquos in 2009 and just bought a MICCA speck digital media player. When I connect it via HDMI it says "incompatible signal". I tried it on my 1 year old LG LCD via HDMI and it works perfectly. I have updated the Firmware to the latest release and have contacted Sharp and get this response:

Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.
We apologize but we cannot guarantee the compatibility of our Sharp products with non-Sharp products unless listed in the manual.This model is also discontinued and this unit has no Internet or smart functions. This unit will not have any capabilities either in the future. If you have any more questions please feel free to call or email.

I have tried multiple HDMI cords and imputs to no avail. I have changed the output on the MICCA to every one that is available and it has no worked. I have made sure I am on the correct Input channel and that the HDMI option is selected on the MICCA. I would really just like to watch some family home videos with ease. Thank you all for any help you can provide.
Have you tried setting the Micca resolution to 1080i? The older TV probably does not support the 1080p signal from the Micca.....
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page