Sony KDL50W800B or Samsung UN50H6400 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-21-2014, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony KDL50W800B or Samsung UN50H6400

We used to have a Sony XBR4 that we got about 5 yrs ago. A few months after the extended warranty the tv started getting these lines and started to black out. Come to find out after the fact that that particular model had issues. I found a sony forum that was about those issues and sony was offering a 15% discount towards a new sony tv. My wife and I were left with a bad taste towards sony after that. So we picked up the Samsung UN50H6400 for just about $850 from ABT a few days ago but now we are both starting to have doubts about the quality of this tv. I know it's not a higher end like our last sony was but after 5 yrs we thought the technology would at least offer the same quality as the XBR4 did. We really loved that tv, just not looking to spend another $2500 for a new tv right now. After looking around, it seems the sony w800b is the best option in terms of pricing with the samsung h6400 series. Im not sure if I just dont have the settings down properly, it just doesn't feel like the picture pops like the old sony did.

We are looking for thoughts regarding these 2 models and if we should reconsider going back to sony. ABT said they would honor the 15% which would bring the price down to about what we paid for the samsung.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page