When do you think we'll see affordable 100+ inch panels - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2014, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
When do you think we'll see affordable 100+ inch panels

Saw on Amazon that a 90 inch 1080p Sharp is now around 6K.

Anyone care to bet when we are going to see 100 - 110 inch TV for under 10K? Myself, I'd love to get rid of my projector, I generally like my JVC D-ILA but would swap it for a 110 inch TV in a second.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-24-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Saw on Amazon that a 90 inch 1080p Sharp is now around 6K.

Anyone care to bet when we are going to see 100 - 110 inch TV for under 10K? Myself, I'd love to get rid of my projector, I generally like my JVC D-ILA but would swap it for a 110 inch TV in a second.
Where do you see the Sharp 90" for $^K on Amazon? I checked just now and it's basically $7K for the current model (LC-90LE657U) direct from Amazon. There may be Amazon Marketplace grey market sellers of the previous models discontinued models for less.

I don't think anyone knows the answer. There has to be scale. Every panel size requires R&D and factory production resources. The more they can make of a panel the more cost effective it becomes. Sharp didn't even refresh the 90" which is really last year's model so they are just milking previous work.

My personal guess is it will be a while before you see over 100" under $10K but I may just be cynical. If it does happen it's going to be the new wave of Chinese third tier brands that break the barrier first. Even Vizio is unlikely to get their first, let alone Sony, Samsung or LG.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-24-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
"Around 6K" was an incorrect phrase, should have said "under 10K".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page