Samsung UN40H6350 problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung UN40H6350 problem

Hi everyone, first off I'm new to the forum, I'm glad to be here and hope to learn a lot here!

I have a problem though.....
I bought a Samsung UN40H6350 LED 1080p, 120Hz display about a month ago. Ever since almost day one it has been restarting on me. Sometimes it restarts right as soon as I turn it on, it will go on for a few seconds and then just shut off and restart. Other times it will freeze and restart after I launch the smart hub. Other times it will freeze and restart after I launch an application, doesn't matter which one (youtube, amazon video, TWiT). Sometimes it restarts 2 or 3 times before I'm able to get an app to work properly and sometimes it works without a hitch. I can't understand why it does this unless there is some sort of software issue but I've updated it to the latest software available. I was hoping that would fix it but no dice.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Any ideas on what I can do (if anything) to fix it?

Thanks
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Assuming you bought it new from a reputable store or website, why wouldn't you just get a replacement, especially since you said it did it basically from day one? Why wait a month? You're probably out of the return window now for most places. Now you'll have to deal with Samsung.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

I bought it from Amazon. I was kinda hoping the update would take care of it or maybe a future update. Probably should have gotten a replacement right away but I kinda didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning it.

It did it almost since day one, it was okay for a few days or maybe a week, but then it started doing this.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 05:34 PM

Since it's Amazon, you might be able to get them to replace it. Amazon has really good CS, but ya' never know. Otherwise, like I said, you'll have to go through Samsung and have them send a tech out.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Samsung sends tech's out to fix people's stuff? How does that work? Is it a local tech or someone from Samsung? If they can't fix it do they have a replacement with them?
post #6 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 05:45 PM

Contact Samsung and they'll set something up with an authorized tech in the area. Every situation is different, but I can guarantee that the techs don't come out with a replacement television on hand.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-26-2014, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Oh okay, just wondered about that. I guess I'll have to contact them and see what happens. I see that they can access my tv remotely too, I noticed that in the options.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-27-2014, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy8848 View Post
Oh okay, just wondered about that. I guess I'll have to contact them and see what happens. I see that they can access my tv remotely too, I noticed that in the options.
Try Amazon first - all they can say is no and it's better than dealing with Samsung support. A hard rule in Purchasing goods is you have a 30 day window with most Vendors unless their policy runs contrary to it but most have the 30 day window.

I own this panel in our master bedroom housed in an armoire and must say it's my least favorite simply because quality has diminished in the smaller panels - finding a premium 40" or less is next to impossible, the Sony Z4100 it replaced had much better PQ. Easy as hell finding a great 55"+ but 40" below in LCD it seems everything looks like a Vizio instead of a high end Sony or high end Sammy.

My experience with Samsung LCD Monitor returns as an IT/Purchasing Manager was a PITA - typically you started a ticket to arrange either service or a return authorization, a process that usually took 10-14 days with monitors but not certain if they'll do the same with a 40" LCD. Comparatively, my LCD's from Planer and HP were replaced express within 48 hours FREE whereas Samsung wanted RMA fees subsidized - Samsung would never survive supporting IT Enterprise Networks where timely support is mandatory.

Hopefully, the TV division is better at this but thankfully I've not had to rely on it for my home LCD TV's as I hated dealing with them for my Network. Their could be a conflict in systems of your tv or it could be over heating - better to just replace under warranty to be rid of the nuisance and turn the headache over to Samsung or Amazon. Good Luck!

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - UN40H6350 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page