AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   LCD Flat Panel Displays (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   Need TV for apparment (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1620506-need-tv-apparment.html)

SuperMiguel 07-28-2014 07:04 AM

Need TV for apparment
 
So i currently have a Samsung UN46D8000YF and i want to move it to my bedroom, and put something bigger in my (13'x16') Tv goes in a 10Ft wall and im about ~10'-12' away from it... and my budget is about $2k so the real question is... get a big 70" TV (like a Vizio 3d) or get a 55" Samsung 4K...

I have an xbox one and a ps4, so i game and watch netflix on it quite a bit.. my UN46D8000YF is perfect for that, but i want bigger!!!!

While i know xbox and ps4 dont support 4k yet, not sure if their hardware supports it.. i know netflix already stared releasing 4k content... Also im not sure if you can upscale any blueray movie and if it would look any better than 1080p

SuperMiguel 07-28-2014 07:06 PM

im checking those 70" 3d vizio tv any reviews on them?

cjpk248 07-28-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMiguel (Post 26117130)
im checking those 70" 3d vizio tv any reviews on them?


I would say if you're looking at M702i-B3 vs. a smaller 4K then definitely go with the M702i-B3.

If you're sitting 10+ft back you are going to be much happier with a 70" screen than a 55". I don't think right now is the time to jump into 4K personally. There are a lot of variables with the format that are yet to be pinned down both with hardware and software. I think you have an easy choice here especially with the 70" now having 36 local dimming zones.

I say go with the Vizio and don't look back!!

Latinoheat 07-28-2014 07:37 PM

Upscaled BD to 4K doesn't look any better. Only true 4k content looks phenomenal, so don't worry about the up scaling. Netflix only has House of cards , Breaking bad and smurfs 2 that I know of and you need a descent internet speed connection.

SuperMiguel 07-28-2014 07:49 PM

whats the difference between that model and this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m-...&skuId=9365059

cjpk248 07-28-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMiguel (Post 26118010)
whats the difference between that model and this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m-...&skuId=9365059

701 is last years model, while the 702 is this years model. The biggest difference between them is going to be the fact that the 701 is edge lit, and the 702 is back lit. The 702 should provide much better contrast judging from the other 2014 vizio models that implement the same setup.

702 has 36 different "zones" that can independently brightened or darkened, while edge lit TV's have their LED (usually) arranged as a strip of lights on the sides of the TV frame. You can really see the difference with scrolling white text credits on an all black background. An edge lit model will be lit up on the sides because the light has to travel all the way to the text..... If you have a back lit panel just the areas that have something displayed will be lit, providing better contrast.

That's a really simplified version of what you'll see.

cjpk248 07-28-2014 08:10 PM

Also vizio's website is down currently so wait for that to come back up, they may be posting their 4K models. They're supposed to be putting out a 55" 4K for $1,000. So you may be able to have your cake and eat it too soon with a 70" 4K potentially under $2,000.

SuperMiguel 07-28-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjpk248 (Post 26118418)
Also vizio's website is down currently so wait for that to come back up, they may be posting their 4K models. They're supposed to be putting out a 55" 4K for $1,000. So you may be able to have your cake and eat it too soon with a 70" 4K potentially under $2,000.

How do 4k tv perform with a ps4/xbox one? Look better/worse than regular 1080p?

SuperMiguel 07-29-2014 06:37 AM

i see them on the vizio site, just not price or release date info

cjpk248 07-29-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMiguel (Post 26118674)
How do 4k tv perform with a ps4/xbox one? Look better/worse than regular 1080p?

You're just going to be relying on Samsung software to upscale a 1080 input from your game console. It's not going to add any detail like getting a full 4k signal.

SuperMiguel 07-29-2014 07:05 AM

but will it be worse?

SuperMiguel 07-29-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjpk248 (Post 26118378)
701 is last years model, while the 702 is this years model. The biggest difference between them is going to be the fact that the 701 is edge lit, and the 702 is back lit. The 702 should provide much better contrast judging from the other 2014 vizio models that implement the same setup.

702 has 36 different "zones" that can independently brightened or darkened, while edge lit TV's have their LED (usually) arranged as a strip of lights on the sides of the TV frame. You can really see the difference with scrolling white text credits on an all black background. An edge lit model will be lit up on the sides because the light has to travel all the way to the text..... If you have a back lit panel just the areas that have something displayed will be lit, providing better contrast.

That's a really simplified version of what you'll see.

the 702 released already? i cant find them anywhere

cjpk248 07-29-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMiguel (Post 26130538)
the 702 released already? i cant find them anywhere

I've only seen up to 65" out so far in stores. I would wait a few weeks as the 70" is probably about to arrive.

I think you'll be happiest with it.

SuperMiguel 07-29-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjpk248 (Post 26145386)
I've only seen up to 65" out so far in stores. I would wait a few weeks as the 70" is probably about to arrive.

I think you'll be happiest with it.

I just came from besbuy and dammm those 4k tvs look good compared with the 1080p around them... But they are so expensive, any idea how much will the 70" 4k vizio cost?

Latinoheat 07-29-2014 09:04 PM

^^^ just be aware that those 4k tv's won't look nothing like in the stores when you are watching regular content at home. Only true 4k content looks phenomenal.

SuperMiguel 07-30-2014 08:44 AM

but how does 1080p content looks in it? does it look the same as a 1080p tv? or distorted?

SuperMiguel 07-30-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjpk248 (Post 26118418)
Also vizio's website is down currently so wait for that to come back up, they may be posting their 4K models. They're supposed to be putting out a 55" 4K for $1,000. So you may be able to have your cake and eat it too soon with a 70" 4K potentially under $2,000.

VIZIO P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED backlit LCD Smart TVs
(P502ui-B1) $999.99 (MSRP)
(P552ui-B2) $1,399.99 (MSRP)
(P602ui-B3) $1,799.99 (MSRP)
(P652ui-B2) $2,199.99 (MSRP)
(P702ui-B3) $2,599.99 (MSRP)

They 70" will start at $2599 not under $2k

JStanton 07-30-2014 10:39 AM

Also, you kept mentioning 3D in your original posts. The 2014 Vizios do not have 3D.

SuperMiguel 07-30-2014 10:49 AM

Why ? any idea why they arent 3d anymore? 3d on a 70" must be nice :(

JStanton 07-30-2014 11:24 AM

At those price points, something had to go. Given that the average person's 3D viewing has to be < 10%, they figured that full-array backlighting was a more important feature, as it affects picture quality 100% of the time.

Latinoheat 07-30-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMiguel (Post 26156586)
but how does 1080p content looks in it? does it look the same as a 1080p tv? or distorted?

I would say the same, no it does not look distorted.

SuperMiguel 07-30-2014 01:10 PM

any idea when they will release the new p series i know its on their site but still says coming soon
also the prices i posted earlier are they real prices? will they go any lower

JStanton 07-30-2014 01:23 PM

As far as anyone knows, yes, those are real prices. Expect $100-$200 off at Costco initially, but yeah, basically those prices.

SuperMiguel 07-30-2014 01:44 PM

ill probably wait few more months until we get closer to black friday i hope to see alot better deals then


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.