Separate Video Processor with 4K TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-28-2014, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Separate Video Processor with 4K TV?

Just curious, if one had one of the newer Lumagen Radiance Video processors that can output 4K, what would happen if a 4K signal from it was sent to one of the newer 4K TV's. Would the TV reprocess the 4K signal again or could it detect the 4K and decide not to reprocess? Or can you turn off processing in such sets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-28-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryWaz View Post
Just curious, if one had one of the newer Lumagen Radiance Video processors that can output 4K, what would happen if a 4K signal from it was sent to one of the newer 4K TV's. Would the TV reprocess the 4K signal again or could it detect the 4K and decide not to reprocess? Or can you turn off processing in such sets?
You probably would get a more detailed answer if you post the question in the video processor section. However, setting the set to pixel for pixel or whatever the maker calls it's no overscan setting with 4k sent from the Lumagen should turn off the sets scaling and use that from the Lumagen. That is what happens with Radiance 1080p output to a 2k set. Lumagen 4k scaler owners seem to be happy with the scaling and as a long time Lumagen owner they are a great company. I have used a Radiance since 8/07.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-28-2014, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks!

Wasn't sure where to post but because I was more interested in what the TV did, I decided to post here.

I had a Radiance XS (since 4/2010) and just traded up to the 2144 in anticipation of getting a 4K TV later this year (and to also get the auto aspect and Darbee now). Saw a post in one of the Samsung 4K TV threads about double processing using a AVR with a scaler/processor, and scaling could not be turned off in the Samsung, and the picture possibly getting fuzzier so it got me wondering.

Yup, Lumagen is a fantastic, great company. A+ in my book.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays