Panasonic 32" IPS panels compared to old IPS Alpha from Panasonic - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-30-2014, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Panasonic 32" IPS panels compared to old IPS Alpha from Panasonic

I have a 32LZ800 from five years ago that I believe has one of their IPS Alpha panels. I am trying to replace it with a newer Panasonic that is LED, because the CCFL in this one is generating a lot of heat, and maybe get a better looking panel. How are the IPS panels on Panasonic's 32" TVs nowadays? Are they still one of the best, or have they resorted to using low cost LG panels or some other manufacturer? I had tried getting an LG TV with IPS before, but the white glow on it was terrible as was the viewing angles, which defeats the purpose of IPS. I use the TV as a computer monitor BTW. The viewing angles on the 32LZ800 are amazing. I also have an old and cheap Vizio IPS 32" that also has amazing viewing angles as well. The only things I see in store nowadays are poor viewing angle VA monitors, or what LG passes for IPS. Panasonic has very few TVs in the US, only 720p ones in the 32" range, and I may have to end up importing one from Europe. I also don't know how they compare to my old TV, and don't want to get a downgrade. I am also searching for other brands with IPS that are more readily available, but not using the LG IPS panel, which I am staying away from.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page