Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-07-2014, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluenightmare
Any LG 55LB5900 Owners?

Well as the title says, does anyone own this TV? I can't find reviews for it anywhere. Not even poor quality videos on youtube. I know this came out in Q2 of 2014, but I can't find anyone who has it. There is only 22 reviews of it on Amazon and a small percentage of them even bought the set from Amazon. I'm looking at getting it but I want to know PQ, and everything else. I also find it odd that the more expensive LG models of this year have reviews except for this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-27-2014, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked this up over the weekend and can give my first impressions. I got it to supplement my front projector set up which is in a family room and I wanted something that i could view without having to turn the lights down.

Initial impressions are... OK. The screen is very glossy so reflections are pretty bad. The contrast levels are very low and the blacks are grey. Brightness is good and the colors pop without being over saturated. I am sure this will improve when I calibrate it. The biggest downside I see so far to the set is the back light uniformity. There is a noticeable dimming to the corners and unevenness in the center. This is much less noticeable during actual images, but on solid color backgrounds its definitely visible.

Like I said i picked this up for a secondary display so for me its faults are worth it for the price. Also, i dont know if aesthics matter to you, but this set looks fantastic. The bezel is tiny (about 3/4 inch) for a display this size and looks almost entirely screen when viewing it.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-31-2014, 03:48 PM

Liked: 0
ryan, what are your impressions after owning this set for a few days now? One concern I have in picking an LED set is the viewing angle since I'll have a couple of seats off to the side a bit. Do you happen to know if this set has an IPS display?

Thanks in advance for your responses! If you had to do it over, would you buy this set again?
post #4 of 6 Old 09-17-2014, 06:18 AM

Anyone have ab opinion yet? Going between this online for 679 no tax no shipping, or a Sharp from Sams Club for 599 plus tax.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-14-2014, 06:55 AM

Hey Guys,

I purchased this TV in late September and the first thing I did was come here to look for picture calibration settings.
I'm sad to see that no one has posted any to the forum. I am thinking about purchasing a TV calibrator off of amazon, but I'm not sure if those are any good...can someone guide me in the right direction to purchasing a decent calibrator?

Thanks
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 10:57 AM

Liked: 0
I purchased this set a few months back, so let me give a follow-up on it. For the price I paid, I'm fairly impressed. My main concern was the side viewing angle since some of my seating is not directly in front of the tv. While not the best I've seen, this set had a better picture at an angle than a lot of the more expensive competitors. One drawback I noticed was that there is some flashlighting in the 4 corners when the background is dark, but this wasn't a significant issue. There are also only 2 HDMI ports on this set, but that won't really be an issue if you are attaching a receiver. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. I think I got good value for the price paid.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - 55LB5900 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page