Have 2 Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV's and channel is slow to change on occasion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-09-2014, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy Have 2 Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV's and channel is slow to change on occasion

Have 2 Samsung UN46EH6000 LED HDTV's and channel is slow to change on occasion.
Have Comcast cable but I do not think that is the problem.
When I turn on the TV it it is smooth in changing channels (no delay), however after a few minutes the TV first shows the Source type (HDM1, HDMI2,) and the resolution 1920x in the top left corner (against a blank screen)AND THEN then it changes to the desired channel. If I turn the TV Off and ON, this behavior goes away but then does return. If I turn the Cable box OFF and ON it makes no difference. Again this occurs on two of the same model TV's with the same settings.
Thank you for any advice

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-10-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 40
When the screen goes black and displays the input label and video format, it means the signal from the sourced device (your cable box) has dropped out or changed format (video resolution). First thing to try is unplug the POWER cord for the box, count to ten, plug it back in. sometimes this will clear issues. If not, tThe box may be set to use the original format of the channel, so the video output will change when you are watching an HD channel then change to an SD channel, or even from a 1080 channel to a 720 channel. You can set the box so that it always outputs 1080, you will need to go into the box setup, video settings, video formats and uncheck everything except 1080.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-10-2014, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, could be. I did upgrade the firmware and it seems better but your explanation seems more reasonable.
Peter
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page