Help with Vizio E-472VLE problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2014, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help with Vizio E-472VLE problem

My parents have a Vizio E-472VLE at their vacation home and it works just fine with cable TV signals. However, on watching through the other inputs with the Blu-Ray player or Apple TV, the set keeps having "dropouts" with the picture going blank for about 2-3 seconds, then resuming (i.e., no picture or sound for a couple of seconds, then resuming with no problems.) This happens several times while watching a movie, but at irregular intervals. Everything seems fine for about 20 min, then a dropout, then after 5 min or so, another dropout. I know it isn't a problem with the Blu-Ray player since the same thing happens with Apple TV hooked up.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-16-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Is cable tv connected using a cable box or directly to the Tv tuner? If there is a box, is it hdmi connection?
Are any of these connected through any kind of long hdmi cable, or hdmi switch box, or audio video receiver?

The first suggestion is to unplug the POWER cords for everything for about 3 minutes.
Next would be replace the hdmi cables.
Next would be bypass any long hdmi cable, or hdmi switch box, or audio video receiver.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page