BB gun + Samsung UN50F6350AF= new LCD - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2014, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wink BB gun + Samsung UN50F6350AF= new LCD

My brother's son's friend killed his new Samsung UN50F6350AF with a BB gun while playing in the house. Being the family electronic guru I became the recipient of the dead beast. I have been trying to locate a replacement panel and so far the only option I have found is Samsungparts.com at about $1000 plus shipping. This is more more than the TV cost new. Does anyone know of a supplier that would sell me a new panel (at a reasonable price)? I have no problem installing the new panel as I haven been repairing laptops, computers and tablets for many years. I just need a compatible panel that doesn't cost more than a new set.

I am hoping that someone here has a better source. I would really love having this TV on the wall next to my work bench. If I can't find a panel at a descent price I guess the TV will get scrapped and the parts will end up in my spare parts bin. Any help is much appreciated.

Here are the specs on the panel.

Samsung
Model # = UN50F6359AF
Model code = UN50F6359AFXZ
Version = NH02
Serial #= Z6WL3CYD600156B

Replacement LCD panel
Part #: BN95-01098A
Description: LCD-CMI
Specification:
V500HK2-PS1,CY-HF500CSMV

the panel is supposed to be compatible for these 3 models UN50F6300AF, UN50F6350AF, UN50F6400AF

Thanks for any help you can supply!
1eyedJack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-21-2014, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedJack View Post
My brother's son's friend killed his new Samsung UN50F6350AF with a BB gun while playing in the house. Being the family electronic guru I became the recipient of the dead beast. I have been trying to locate a replacement panel and so far the only option I have found is Samsungparts.com at about $1000 plus shipping. This is more more than the TV cost new. Does anyone know of a supplier that would sell me a new panel (at a reasonable price)? I have no problem installing the new panel as I haven been repairing laptops, computers and tablets for many years. I just need a compatible panel that doesn't cost more than a new set.

I am hoping that someone here has a better source. I would really love having this TV on the wall next to my work bench. If I can't find a panel at a descent price I guess the TV will get scrapped and the parts will end up in my spare parts bin. Any help is much appreciated.

Here are the specs on the panel.

Samsung
Model # = UN50F6359AF
Model code = UN50F6359AFXZ
Version = NH02
Serial #= Z6WL3CYD600156B

Replacement LCD panel
Part #: BN95-01098A
Description: LCD-CMI
Specification:
V500HK2-PS1,CY-HF500CSMV

the panel is supposed to be compatible for these 3 models UN50F6300AF, UN50F6350AF, UN50F6400AF

Thanks for any help you can supply!
1eyedJack
Good luck! I have two Samsungs that need panels. I'm disposing of them at this point. The LCD replacement costs are far more than the price of a new unit anymore...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page