Weird color distortion on samsung model un55es8000. Any ideas? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-01-2014, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Weird color distortion on samsung model un55es8000. Any ideas?

Im having some color distortion that runs up the entire ride border of the screen. Its really not that noticable until you look right at it. In the blue box the pixels look red but the camera isnt picking it up. Any ideas on what it is? Its very hard to see in the pics, it also distorts the straight lines in the picture. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by skillzo1; 09-01-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-01-2014, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Is that an on screen menu? Tv menu or cable/sat box menu?
Does it show when the menu is not on the screen?
What is connected to the Tv?
Can you put up some full screen test patterns? use a bluray disc or if this model has internal patterns

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-01-2014, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post
Is that an on screen menu? Tv menu or cable/sat box menu?
Does it show when the menu is not on the screen?
What is connected to the Tv?
Can you put up some full screen test patterns? use a bluray disc or if this model has internal patterns
Hammerdown… thanks for the reply. That picture on the screen in those pics is the smart hub screen. Although you can see it on any picture that is on the screen. Connected to the tv is my apple tv, my samsung 7.1 surround sound, and my cable box. Full screen test patterns is very very hard for the camera to catch it cauae id have to back up further to catch the shot.

Here is 1 pic of the blu ray movie blow.

Here is a few pics of batman dark night in blue ray.

And here is a pic of the 1 display pic that comes built in for screen trouble shooting. The tv does not have anything else built in for screen troubleshooting.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Those pictures helped show that it does look like an issue with the Tv. It may be the beginnings of a bad LCD Display Panel. Is your Tv under warranty? Did you get extended warranty? Did you purchase with a credit card (some carry extra warranty)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-01-2014, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post
Those pictures helped show that it does look like an issue with the Tv. It may be the beginnings of a bad LCD Display Panel. Is your Tv under warranty? Did you get extended warranty? Did you purchase with a credit card (some carry extra warranty)?
No i'm looking at the warranty now, and from what it looks like, samsung only offers a 1 yr warranty on parts and labor ( which is ridiculous on something that costs $2500 ). Item was purchased 7/03/12 and I did not get an extended warranty. Any idea on how much this would be to fix? I really can't believe it, i do not run the tv anywhere near full brightness, i do not leave the tv on at night, I am less then average tv watcher.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-01-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

There is a small chance that a $100 circuit board will fix the issue, but more likely the whole lcd screen which is $900. Your best option is to contact Samsung and beg them for some help even though the warranty is up. Expect red tape and delays. If you are very polite and persistent then they may offer to help in some form like paying half, or paying for the part you pay labor, or offering you another Samsung product at a discount...

post #7 of 8 Old 09-01-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Wow....im stunned right now. I really am. I guess i'll be calling them tomorrow ( this is gunna be fun ). There customer service has been horrable to me. And i have soooo many products that are made by them. I really dont know what to say. 2 years only. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-02-2014, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Well after many no's that's not gunna cut it from me, i finally got them to cover the cost of what seems to be the lcd panel. They wanted to offer me a protection plus plan but then said no that isn't an option since lcd panel isn't covered under that. They really wanted me to pay for parts and labor since it is 1 year out of warranty. I kept telling them no and that is not an option, and they finally offered to pay for the part but i'm stuck with labor. Hopefully it isn't to expensive. I still feel like i shouldn't be paying anything but what i got seems kinda fair.

Any ideas on how much labor should be? Should i have him replace anything else while he is inside the tv?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page