Older Samsung LCD with back light issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-14-2014, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Older Samsung LCD with back light issues

I have a Samsung LNT4671 46-INch LCD TV that I purchased 6½ years ago. Recently, I am seeing the level of backlight fluctuate from normal to half bright. The issue comes and goes on an irregular basis. I believe that this pre-LED display used fluorescent light sources for the backlight.

While I would love to have a newer display, I would prefer to hold off for better things to come. They always do with electronics. When this Samsung dies I will purchase a new TV with the current bells and whistles.

I am trying to determine if death of this TV is near or if I can make some repairs to keep it going. I have speculated power supply fluctuations and old bulbs. I am not seeing any other issues with this TV. It has served me well. This TV had a recall after one year for a bad main power board. Samsung sent me a new power board and I easily replaced it in the TV.

This current dimming issue appears to be completely different than the power board issue over 5 years ago. Does anybody have suggestions or have experienced this specific issue with an older LCD?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page