Vizio E Series E700i-B3 or M Series M702i-B3 70 inch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2014, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Vizio E Series E700i-B3 or M Series M702i-B3 70 inch

Will be picking up a 70 inch from Costco soon, and trying to decide between the 2014 E Series and M Series Vizios. I know the 2013 E Series E700 line has had a number of white spot problems described extensively in this forum. It doesn't appear that the M series has had similar or other major problems.

I actually prefer the simple black plastic exterior of the E Series over the M Series and its about 20% cheaper. It also appears that many of the benefits of the M Series aren't necessarily that much better with some reviewers saying the E Series is better bang for you buck as local dimming and motion features are best turned off, negating the extra stuff you pay more money for.

Any thoughts on which TV is better?

I was leaning towards the M Series initially because the price difference isn't that great, and more features must be cooler, but leaned back to the E Series because of the silverish bezel which isn't that appealing. But the E Series forum says the 2013s really are a disaster with many complaints on white dots dominating the feedback.

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do not buy the 70" E-series or you will be sorry.
I purchased last Friday, colors were not accurate, really bad motion blur while watching football. Spent half the day tweaking it with no luck, even inputted cal numbers from someones post on here and still look pretty bad.
Returned and bought the M-series 65" since it was about the same price and could not be happier. No motion blur and the picture is awesome.

Anyway good luck! I was really hoping the E-series would be good but it is not.
post #3 of 5 Old Yesterday, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
OP: for the record, I recently was making this decision and landed on the E70 that is due here tomorrow. I will try to update after I spend some time on it.
post #4 of 5 Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Get the M series if you can afford it...Always get the get the biggest and best you an afford. Sometimes the cost savings are not worth the hassel
post #5 of 5 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am leaning M series as a step up which must be at least marginally better, and the E series problems on their forum scare me a little.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page