Want flatscreen LED with reasonable inputs! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-17-2014, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Want flatscreen LED with reasonable inputs!

As stupid as this sounds (while I admit I'm a novice) I can't find a quality brand 42 to 47 LED with more than one (video+audio input) besides HDMI and coaxial. I need:
- one component input for a DVD player
- {both HDMI, plus a component or a composite} for my Magnavox DVD recorder which serves as my channel source.

Thus I want two distinct RCA-plug inputs, each with its own audio L & R.

I've looked at LG, Mag, Phillips, Sharp, and Vizio (and don't even consider RCA, Westinghouse, and off-names). I haven't found any that take two RCA-plug type inputs, except with shared audio. Shared audio input is absurd IMO. Just provide each an audio!

I normally run HDMI from the Magnavox 515H/F7 (500G) but I have to simultaneously connect component or composite to get captions. That sounds ridiculous to me but captions on my (going away) 2010 Sanyo 46" say "not available" when on channel HDMI1, but Video1,2,3 gets them.

Perhaps I'm spoiled? The Sanyo has 3 HDMIs, two 5-plug component inputs as Video2 and Video3, and L/R/V for Video 1 (which I understand is usually called "composite"). Note, no "shared audio input" here. Currently all these inputs are RCA phono plug size (except HDMI and Coax and S-vid and PC and USB inputs).

Why is this so hard to find? Is Sanyo the only major name maker that allows two non-HDMI devices besides Coax?? This is ridiculous. Rather than buy what I want, I may have to buy a garbage RCA or something just for the simple ability to both see captions plus have an additional DVD player. (By the way, the player doesn't have HDMI output.)

I think I need a CHART. BTW I've seen liar descriptions (mainly because of the shared audio). The objective is HDMI plus TWO RCA-type inputs.

Thanks and hope this isn't too wordy; doing my best to describe everything without wasting your valuable and very appreciated time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-17-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 218
I general the higher up you go the more options in that regard you will have. Flagship often have lots of inputs. HDMI will get you the best quality.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page