AVS Forum banner

PLEASE advise me on "Product-Return Hell"

390 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  videobruce 
#1 ·
I made the mistake of ordering a 42" TV from electronics101deals.com, a third party seller on Amazon. the product arrived DOA, and the box had apparently been opened before shipping (product was supposed to be new). I want to return this thing and get a refund. Amazon prods the seller into emailing me a FedEx return label.

I try to schedule the return, only to be told that the tracking number doesn't correspond to anything they have on record.

I call seller, who acts confused. "It's the same label we send out to everybody. I can send it again, but it'll be the exact same label." I ask him to send it again anyway. So far, he hasn't.

What do I do now? Call Amazon and get them to do...I dunno...whatever the A to z protection plan empowers them to do? I mean, if the seller insists that they're sending me a valid return label, and FedEx insists that they're not, what am I supposed to do?

I guess I could go to the nearest FedEx facility and hang around while they call the seller directly on the phone....

#3 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, the payment was processed a few days back. If it turns out to a case of fraud, however, I imagine the credit card company might reimburse me.

It's starting to look like amazon will be my ally here. If I file an A to Z claim with them, then they will take care of return shipping charges and the refund without my having to deal with the seller again. Which sounds kind of attractive right now.

#4 ·
Just call Amazon & explain the issues you're having with the seller, they'll fix it!

#5 ·
Here is a good reason just to buy directly through Amazon even if you have to pay sales tax. The option of their "Warehouse Deals" I have used more than once to save some more. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.