AVS Forum banner

Recommendations - Samsung UN65H6300 or Vizio M65

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Wildo6882 
#1 ·
So I'm looking at returning a Vizio 65" D Series and picking up one of these at Sam's. The Vizio is $1198 and the Samsung at a Pro event next Saturday will be $1148, assuming I get there early enough to get one. I'm not happy with the D Series as the picture is bad when in low light scenes, so I'm looking to upgrade. I'm not a TV hobbyist, but I know a little. But I still would love to hear some impressions and recommendations from people who have either one of these TVs.

I have a rather large living room and I think I'd need to stick to the 65"+ range. However, I don't have an unlimited amount of money I can spend, so I really need to keep pre-tax below $1200.

Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in.

#3 · (Edited)
In the same boat here. Further complicating it is the Optical out (since I don't have a HDMI receiver - just Optical/SPIDF) - it looks like the samsung is only 2 channel out, but the vizio may do 5.1 out. (Trying to find that out now)

(Edit: Just went looking)
Overall, Consumer Reports likes the Samsung more: 69/100 instead of 60/100. Everyday use is lower on the V, and they hated its motion blur. The S supposedly has a better viewing angle, too.

#4 ·
I went with the M65. I've been pretty happy with it so far. It was more readily available than the Samsung. I don't have many complaints. It's calibrated and I like the picture. I have a slight uniformity issue when starting up that disappears after a couple seconds after startup. That's the only issue I've noticed. Otherwise happy with my purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.