Official Samsung UNxxH6203 Thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Official Samsung UNxxH6203 Thread

I recently purchased the un65h6203 and wanted to discuss picture settings and possible issuei have with verticle banding.does anyone else have this issue?
galvguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 12-24-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blackmax2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for starting this. I do not know why this TV gets no love. I have the 55H6203. Got it on Black Friday.
blackmax2k1 is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 12-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Kinda bummed there is no HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) support on this set. My old "dumb" Samsung from 2008 had it. I would give up the Smart Hub junk for CEC if I could...
AtomicFizzle is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 01-28-2015, 12:41 AM
Newbie
 
pal251's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am also wondering why no one likes this television. I am looking at it seriously to have in my living room. I use a PC so I don't want netflix but its a bummer it only has 2 hdmi , that may be a deal breaker.

I need one for a pc, cable box, dvr and xbox one
pal251 is online now  
post #5 of 11 Old 03-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I own the un60h6203 and I like it very much so far. This size has the sharp panel, in my case HH01. I really like the picture quality, and the uniformity on my set is almost perfect, and nothing is noticable at all during regular viewing, even in a dark room.I do not care for the smart tv features, as I have it connected to a computer. I use a receiver hooked up to speakers so the number of hdmi inputs is a non-issue, in addition to the tv's sound quality being unimportant for my needs.

I have gone through quite a few television sets to get to this point. Two lg 2014 led tvs, I believe the 55LB5500 model, which were broken upon delivery. A vizio e-series, which had a lot of firmware bugs and refused to save the 10 point white balance settings and colour temperature settings. In addition, I returned the sony kdl60w630b, which had terrible uniformity, flashlighting and clouding, even with low, less than 50%, backlight and in a rather well lit room, and even what seemed to be a dirty screen that was especially evident on light backgrounds. This set has really made me a believer in the samsung brand.
entryleveluser2 is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 04-14-2015, 10:01 AM
Member
 
kowal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eastport Maine
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am loving my Samsung H6203.......very happy

asrock aliveNF6G-vsta
amd phenom 9500
4gb corsair ram
radeon 4670
antec fusion case
asus bluray drive
windows 7
kowal is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 06-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I bought the UN65H6203 to replace an old Samsung plasma. It has the MH01 panel which I believe is from AUO. The black levels seem decent enough. I wasn't expecting plasma-level performance but I was pleased with how well it performs compared to some other LCDs I've seen. There is some very slight clouding but it is only distracting when the backlight is high.

The biggest problem I'm having is that the TV seems to introduce grain and artifacts in what should otherwise be a really dark scene. The effect is most pronounced at the left and right edges of the screen. It is a little difficult to describe without a picture but I'm not at home at the moment. I did a basic calibration using the 709 disc. When watching the Gravity bluray, for example, the left and right edges of the picture appear slightly brighter and noticeably grainier. The shots of open space also seem to have more "stars" than should be there (I'm comparing to screenshots from bluray review sites) as if some of what I'm seeing is noise rather than actual movie. Some scenes are affected worse than others. The only way I can get rid of the problem is to reduce the brightness from the calibrated 45-46 to around 40-42. This noticeably crushes the blacks but cleans up the edges and noise.

Oddly, the problem only affects areas that are very dark but not absolutely black. So the letterboxes at the top and bottom of the screen are fine and so are title screens with text on a black background. This is my first LCD so I'm not sure if this is par for the course or if I should return the TV. The picture is certainly watchable even with the black-crushing and brightly lit scenes look pristine. I know this is a low-end model so I'm trying to temper my expectations. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
bossmonkeyman is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 06-04-2015, 07:28 AM
Member
 
Equifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello 6203 owners. I thought I had settled on the h6350 (online deal) but difficulty getting one delivered
with panel intact proved to be a problem. Have since returned to "shopper" status. It's my understanding
that BB's return policy has been reduced to 15 days(?) so that has dampened my enthusiasm for them.
Only other real option here in Little Rock is Wally-World. Like their 90-day policy but that's about the
extent of help available in-store. They don't even have remotes for displays!!

At any rate, at one of the local stores I saw the 55h6350 for $998 and the 60h6203 for $998.
Quad core vs dual, 6350 much "smarter", 6203 much slower reacting to commands, etc.
I've been using an older HP laptop to access Internet content. Also Kodi (xbmc) for some other connections.
I reckon I might like some of the features of the 6350 and the quad core. Has there been any firmware
updates that address the "lag" that I've seen mentioned on the 6203?

This old geezer would consider & appreciate any and all advice
Equifan is online now  
post #9 of 11 Old 06-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equifan View Post
Hello 6203 owners. I thought I had settled on the h6350 (online deal) but difficulty getting one delivered
with panel intact proved to be a problem. Have since returned to "shopper" status. It's my understanding
that BB's return policy has been reduced to 15 days(?) so that has dampened my enthusiasm for them.
Only other real option here in Little Rock is Wally-World. Like their 90-day policy but that's about the
extent of help available in-store. They don't even have remotes for displays!!

At any rate, at one of the local stores I saw the 55h6350 for $998 and the 60h6203 for $998.
Quad core vs dual, 6350 much "smarter", 6203 much slower reacting to commands, etc.
I've been using an older HP laptop to access Internet content. Also Kodi (xbmc) for some other connections.
I reckon I might like some of the features of the 6350 and the quad core. Has there been any firmware
updates that address the "lag" that I've seen mentioned on the 6203?

This old geezer would consider & appreciate any and all advice
I've received two firmware updates since I bought the 65-incher three weeks ago. The menus are still slow. I think it has more to do with the TV's lack of horsepower rather than a software issue. I use an HTPC (kodi) exclusively with the set so the slow menus aren't really a huge problem.
bossmonkeyman is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 06-05-2015, 04:45 AM
Member
 
Equifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmonkeyman View Post
I've received two firmware updates since I bought the 65-incher three weeks ago. The menus are still slow. I think it has more to do with the TV's lack of horsepower rather than a software issue. I use an HTPC (kodi) exclusively with the set so the slow menus aren't really a huge problem.
That's kinda what I figured (lack of horsepower). Thanks for the feedback.
Equifan is online now  
post #11 of 11 Old 06-08-2015, 05:47 AM
Member
 
kowal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eastport Maine
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmonkeyman View Post
I bought the UN65H6203 to replace an old Samsung plasma. It has the MH01 panel which I believe is from AUO. The black levels seem decent enough. I wasn't expecting plasma-level performance but I was pleased with how well it performs compared to some other LCDs I've seen. There is some very slight clouding but it is only distracting when the backlight is high.

The biggest problem I'm having is that the TV seems to introduce grain and artifacts in what should otherwise be a really dark scene. The effect is most pronounced at the left and right edges of the screen. It is a little difficult to describe without a picture but I'm not at home at the moment. I did a basic calibration using the 709 disc. When watching the Gravity bluray, for example, the left and right edges of the picture appear slightly brighter and noticeably grainier. The shots of open space also seem to have more "stars" than should be there (I'm comparing to screenshots from bluray review sites) as if some of what I'm seeing is noise rather than actual movie. Some scenes are affected worse than others. The only way I can get rid of the problem is to reduce the brightness from the calibrated 45-46 to around 40-42. This noticeably crushes the blacks but cleans up the edges and noise.

Oddly, the problem only affects areas that are very dark but not absolutely black. So the letterboxes at the top and bottom of the screen are fine and so are title screens with text on a black background. This is my first LCD so I'm not sure if this is par for the course or if I should return the TV. The picture is certainly watchable even with the black-crushing and brightly lit scenes look pristine. I know this is a low-end model so I'm trying to temper my expectations. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
I use the windows media center setup that is built into most windows......the brightness and contrast settings here should correct the black problem for you......I use the ATI and CCC control center to calibrate it to my HTPC.....hope this helps.....great tv

asrock aliveNF6G-vsta
amd phenom 9500
4gb corsair ram
radeon 4670
antec fusion case
asus bluray drive
windows 7
kowal is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off