Best 70-75 inch TV in $1500 range - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Old 12-10-2014, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Best 70-75 inch TV in $1500 range

Hi I am looking for a new TV. Since the onset of flat screen TVs I have bought panasonic plasma. Got myself a 60 inch before they stopped making them last year. now I am looking for a bigger TV for my living room. Was thinking 70 inch or possibly 75 inch. Picture quality is my main priorty and I hope to stay in an acceptable price range around $1500. I don't care about 4K or 3D. Any recc'd what would be good in the LCD/LED world for this. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
any advice?
post #3 of 4 Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Typically folks post a question like your in this thread:

the "help me choose an LCD" thread

Honestly, there are a ton of options in your price range. There are over a dozen TVs that come up on Amazon for "70 inches and up" size and $0-$1600 price range (Amazon reports 77 results, but many of those are not in fact 70"+ TVs - bad tagging by Amazon?).

This is all IMHO, IME, and/or just off the top of my head:

Samsung, LG, Sharp, Sony all have their pluses and minuses, but I would say are the leading brands.

Visio may give you a bit more bang for the buck, at the expense of reliability or overall image quality.

I'd parse through the various owners threads to see if anything comes up that either interests you or alarms you about a particular brand or model.

Or, do what I did recently: browse Amazon or similar large-supply websites, filter on the TV size and price range you want, then sort by price low-to-high. Look at the cheaper brands and models, research around for why they might not be the best value. Keep looking at more and more expensive models until you find a brand or two you think you can trust, then find some models with the features you like/need/want. Then come back to AVS and browse those owners threads. Repeat until you stumble across a deal you hadn't expected and buy it!

Again, IMHO, IME, YMMV, etc

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my captors.
post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Vizio E series hands down. Vizio is the only manufacturer making Full Array Local Dimming sets in this price range. You're getting more for your money and superior picture quality.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page