Samsung TV brightness flickering!? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 01-18-2015, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung TV brightness flickering!?

Just tried to watch a 3D movie with the kids on my UN75F7100 tv. The TV has a noticeable and incredibly aggravating brightness flicker. The kids don't like it and neither do I. Even if you pause the TV, the brightness rapidly goes bright and dim repeatedly...then stops for a few minutes and then picks up again. No eco solutions are turned on and they arent available in 3D mode anyway. We watched a 3D movie when the TV was new a year ago and did not have this problem.

Is this a BD issue or a TV issue? Sad I paid so much for this thing.

Any help in troubleshooting is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Having a similar issue, but it does seem to be more than just a change in brightness, but also some significant change in colour (perhaps the one leads to the other, to the human eye). My tv is a samsung PN51F5500 and I'm using a Sony BDP-S5200. Like the above person, I've checked for all those little features that I'd assume could do something like this, eco- sort of things, but nothing's changed.

Out of curiosity, what film were you watching? I don't remember this with The Lego Movie, but I feel like, for some reason beyond me, the changing of aspect ratio on the Guardians of the Galaxy bluray is effecting these shifts. Sometimes it seems like the picture is fine in 16:9, without the black bars and more prone to this flicker when in 21:9, where black bars are present on top/bottom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page