Official Sony XBR800B Thread - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 23 Old 01-19-2015, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Official Sony XBR800B Thread

Hi all just bought my new sony xbr800b. curious anyone else have one yet? the left side of mine has a brownish hue to it and the bottom lfet you can really see the edge light coming through. anyone have that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 01-19-2015, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap C View Post
Hi all just bought my new sony xbr800b. curious anyone else have one yet? the left side of mine has a brownish hue to it and the bottom lfet you can really see the edge light coming through. anyone have that?
You waste your money, I seen them in BB stores they look horrible for 4k tv.
post #3 of 23 Old 01-19-2015, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

what do you think is better dont say samsung we tried three as we were samsung fans before 4k came out so if you think there is better in that price range please tell me what???
post #4 of 23 Old 01-19-2015, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
what do you think is better dont say samsung we tried three as we were samsung fans before 4k came out so if you think there is better in that price range please tell me what???
again i have the XBR-65X800B
post #5 of 23 Old 01-19-2015, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You should get 850B or 900B.
post #6 of 23 Old 01-19-2015, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Agreed...even the top-end 1080p W950B would have been a better choice than a X800B, imo.
EDIT: Not to mention, that the black level issue shouldn't be AS bad as some might think...owning a Toshiba 32" TL515U, which I believe that lineup used LG panels, too, and the blacks seem to be under control. Can't see why the W950B would be any worse than those.

Living Room: Samsung UN46A750 46" ToC 1080p, Yamaha HTC-6160 AV Receiver, JBL Cinema 480 5.1 Speakers, Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder, Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD.
Master Bedroom: Sony KDL-55W950B 55" 1080p, Sony HT-XT1 Soundbar, Xbox One, Scientific Atlanta 8300HD
Basement: Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 1080p 3DTV, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Bose Companion II Series 2 2.1 Speakers, Panasonic DMR-EZ28 DVD Recorder

Last edited by 8IronBob; 01-19-2015 at 03:56 PM.
post #7 of 23 Old 01-20-2015, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob View Post
Agreed...even the top-end 1080p W950B would have been a better choice than a X800B, imo.
EDIT: Not to mention, that the black level issue shouldn't be AS bad as some might think...owning a Toshiba 32" TL515U, which I believe that lineup used LG panels, too, and the blacks seem to be under control. Can't see why the W950B would be any worse than those.
The W950B is much better TV than X800B.
post #8 of 23 Old 01-20-2015, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post
The W950B is much better TV than X800B.
See? Thank you. Seems that the "in-between" model in the X800B doesn't necessarily have that "in-between" quality.

Living Room: Samsung UN46A750 46" ToC 1080p, Yamaha HTC-6160 AV Receiver, JBL Cinema 480 5.1 Speakers, Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder, Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD.
Master Bedroom: Sony KDL-55W950B 55" 1080p, Sony HT-XT1 Soundbar, Xbox One, Scientific Atlanta 8300HD
Basement: Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 1080p 3DTV, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Bose Companion II Series 2 2.1 Speakers, Panasonic DMR-EZ28 DVD Recorder
post #9 of 23 Old 03-04-2015, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Xbr 800b

I saw the model you bought at Best Buy while on a business trip. I though the 800B looked pretty darn good and I have a Samsung F8500 plasma at home. I though the Sony looked just as good as the Samsung F900 curved 4K TV on display. I was impressed by the black levels and dimming. I thought the TV might actually be fully array given what I saw in the store. The X950B was just above the X800B and the picture quality was not any better based on what I saw in Best Buy. Attached is a photo from my iPhone 4 which has a crappy camera which shows the black levels. I have not seen the X800B in a dark room setting, so I don't know if any light bleed or clouding would have been seen, but the black levels looked really good in the store. I was impressed enough with the TV that I though about getting it as a 2nd display for a bedroom. I think the silver bezel gives the TV a cool industrial design. I don't like that the TV is not 3D capable as I have a fair amount of 3D blurays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony XBR 65X800B.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	583489  

Samsung PN64F8500: Oppo 105D; Onkyo TX-SR805; Polk LSI x 5; Kimber Kable 12TC Speaker Cable; Monnster Cable Speaker Cable; Shunyata Research Aries interconnects; Shunyata Research Anaconda CX Power Cord; Monster Cable 700 and 1000 HDX HDMI Cables; John 3:16;
post #10 of 23 Old 03-04-2015, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 271
How can you judge black levels in a store? Of course you won't be able to tell the difference. The x800b is edge-lit and uses IPS panels. Expect the black level to be around .18 cd/m2 (terrible). I would look at the w700b, or if you really want 4k look at the vizio P series.
fatuglyguy likes this.
post #11 of 23 Old 03-04-2015, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Like UFO said, a store display under bright lighting is not really a place to judge black levels. The X800B pairs Sony's excellent XReality LSI with an average IPS panel and omits their Triluminos backlight tech.
That being said, it has a great design and is a good choice for a bright room. I'd look into a W700B for dark room viewing even though it isn't 4K.

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio Silver RX6, RX Centre, RX1 [walnut]; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D, ATV, Nexus Player, Panamax M-5100PM
2ch Sonus faber Toy Monitor, REL T3, Marantz PM8004, Sony ST-SA50ES, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Sony 32" W650A, Panamax MR4300
desktop Monitor Audio Radius 90HD [rosemah], Audioengine D1, FiiO A1 Amplifier, Sennheiser HD598
post #12 of 23 Old 03-04-2015, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubusduck View Post
I saw the model you bought at Best Buy while on a business trip. I though the 800B looked pretty darn good and I have a Samsung F8500 plasma at home. I though the Sony looked just as good as the Samsung F900 curved 4K TV on display. I was impressed by the black levels and dimming. I thought the TV might actually be fully array given what I saw in the store. The X950B was just above the X800B and the picture quality was not any better based on what I saw in Best Buy. Attached is a photo from my iPhone 4 which has a crappy camera which shows the black levels. I have not seen the X800B in a dark room setting, so I don't know if any light bleed or clouding would have been seen, but the black levels looked really good in the store. I was impressed enough with the TV that I though about getting it as a 2nd display for a bedroom. I think the silver bezel gives the TV a cool industrial design. I don't like that the TV is not 3D capable as I have a fair amount of 3D blurays.
The 800B doesn't have local dimming (neither does the 850B). Both have 'frame dimming' which means that the set can adjust the intensity of the backlight for the entire panel at once, which pretty much every LCD can do.

The 950B has full array with local dimming, the 900B has edge lighting with local dimming. From what I've seen in store the 950B and 900B are close, but there's a huge gulf of difference between those two and the 850B/800B.

If this were a few years ago the 850 and 800 wouldn't even get the XBR branding. Sony used to reserve it only for their absolute top of the line products. They may be OK TVs, but there are better options for the money.
post #13 of 23 Old 03-05-2015, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
what am i missing?

Quote:
You waste your money, I seen them in BB stores they look horrible for 4k tv.
Compared to what? Are you sure you were looking at a Sony XBR-'xx'X800B?? What was the resolution of the source content being played?

Quote:
You should get 850B or 900B.
Your link goes to a "Trimble Nomad" mobile computer, but I am not aware of a Sony model 900B anyway (unless you mean the model that's almost 4x the price than the 800B). There's the 950B, which is a 1080p set, or the 900A, which is also a QFHD model that's many times the money than the 800B. Different class of TV in any case, really not comparable to the 800B.

I am really surprised by these opinions. Sure full array is "better" than edge lit, but you're talking about a TV with 1/4 the resolution of the 800B.

I went with the 800B (been on the wall 6 nights now - signed up for the forum to discuss tech specs) and I am amazed that an LED TV looks this good for $1399 (best buy knocked $100 off the price. Just have to ask).

The 850 has 3D (talk about wasting your money) and the Tri-luminous processing, which does look better than *not* Tri-luminous, but I was just not going to pay more for a 3D TV and the Tri-luminous isn't that huge of a difference to justify the price increase between the two. I would have paid more for just the Tri-luminous processing alone but that TV doesn't exist (that I know of. If it does, let me know and I might return the 800B

I am coming from a Panasonic plasma so I am used to high contrast and very deep black levels, and the 800B is really outstanding in both areas. It upscales 1080p incredibly. It even scales up 720p content just as well. I have a 2nd generation Apple TV, only capable of 720p output, and this TV scales it up to insane levels of detail. Watching Avatar on this thing is unbelievable.

I watched an episode of breaking bad the other night (4k UHD from netflix) and it's incredible. It is like the jump between standard and HD all over again. I'm completely stupefied that someone could consider this TV "terrible".

This is coming from a person who went to the store with the specific intent to buy one of the remaining Samsung 1080P plasmas (still the best every-day picture technology until OLED becomes more attainable, IMO) until I saw the 800B. Best buy had it set up next to a 950B, both playing the same content, and there was no comparison. I drilled the salesman on the setup thinking there must be some trickeration, but it was just playing a blu-ray DVD. Same content, 1080p from the same source, 800B next to the 950, and there was no comparison. (in my opinion). The upscaling on the 800B is amazing and it looks better than a 1080p set. Why would you buy a Full HD when a QFHD - that does 1080p better than the 1080p set - is only a little more $$???

I have not noticed any light bleed issues either. I have the 55" and sit about 15 feet away from it, and it's a bit higher on the wall so I would be able to see light bleed from the upper bezel if there were any.

Of course, it's not a perfect TV -- I find I have to tweak the settings between sources and there is a need to use the manual audio delay on my receiver (Denon AVR-591) depending on the source too, but the issues are easily correctable and the menu is simple and easy to navigate. The screen is also pretty reflective and picks up glare from windows pretty easily, so if you get this thing, have some blinds or dimmer switches for your lights.

Obviously, I'm really impressed by this TV. If it's not the best performing QFHD TV for the money (and better than any 1080p TV), please tell me what is better (be specific!)

Thanks for reading if you came this far.
post #14 of 23 Old 03-08-2015, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello. I have a 55 inch sony xbr-55X800B. When on my ps4 it changes the color settings to video game only and the color cannot be adjusted. The colors look dull while gaming. Is there any way to adjust them for gaming?
post #15 of 23 Old 03-08-2015, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxjr View Post
Compared to what? Are you sure you were looking at a Sony XBR-'xx'X800B?? What was the resolution of the source content being played?

Your link goes to a "Trimble Nomad" mobile computer, but I am not aware of a Sony model 900B anyway (unless you mean the model that's almost 4x the price than the 800B). There's the 950B, which is a 1080p set, or the 900A, which is also a QFHD model that's many times the money than the 800B. Different class of TV in any case, really not comparable to the 800B.

I am really surprised by these opinions. Sure full array is "better" than edge lit, but you're talking about a TV with 1/4 the resolution of the 800B.

I went with the 800B (been on the wall 6 nights now - signed up for the forum to discuss tech specs) and I am amazed that an LED TV looks this good for $1399 (best buy knocked $100 off the price. Just have to ask).

The 850 has 3D (talk about wasting your money) and the Tri-luminous processing, which does look better than *not* Tri-luminous, but I was just not going to pay more for a 3D TV and the Tri-luminous isn't that huge of a difference to justify the price increase between the two. I would have paid more for just the Tri-luminous processing alone but that TV doesn't exist (that I know of. If it does, let me know and I might return the 800B

I am coming from a Panasonic plasma so I am used to high contrast and very deep black levels, and the 800B is really outstanding in both areas. It upscales 1080p incredibly. It even scales up 720p content just as well. I have a 2nd generation Apple TV, only capable of 720p output, and this TV scales it up to insane levels of detail. Watching Avatar on this thing is unbelievable.

I watched an episode of breaking bad the other night (4k UHD from netflix) and it's incredible. It is like the jump between standard and HD all over again. I'm completely stupefied that someone could consider this TV "terrible".

This is coming from a person who went to the store with the specific intent to buy one of the remaining Samsung 1080P plasmas (still the best every-day picture technology until OLED becomes more attainable, IMO) until I saw the 800B. Best buy had it set up next to a 950B, both playing the same content, and there was no comparison. I drilled the salesman on the setup thinking there must be some trickeration, but it was just playing a blu-ray DVD. Same content, 1080p from the same source, 800B next to the 950, and there was no comparison. (in my opinion). The upscaling on the 800B is amazing and it looks better than a 1080p set. Why would you buy a Full HD when a QFHD - that does 1080p better than the 1080p set - is only a little more $$???

I have not noticed any light bleed issues either. I have the 55" and sit about 15 feet away from it, and it's a bit higher on the wall so I would be able to see light bleed from the upper bezel if there were any.

Of course, it's not a perfect TV -- I find I have to tweak the settings between sources and there is a need to use the manual audio delay on my receiver (Denon AVR-591) depending on the source too, but the issues are easily correctable and the menu is simple and easy to navigate. The screen is also pretty reflective and picks up glare from windows pretty easily, so if you get this thing, have some blinds or dimmer switches for your lights.

Obviously, I'm really impressed by this TV. If it's not the best performing QFHD TV for the money (and better than any 1080p TV), please tell me what is better (be specific!)

Thanks for reading if you came this far.
Sorry my friend, I did not buy Sony4k tv, I went with Samsung it took four days to figure the pictures settings on HD content those folks in, most retail stores do not know the pictures setting on 4k TV's or how too.
post #16 of 23 Old 03-12-2015, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
X800B settings recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob View Post
I just disagree. This TV does movie and TV show 1080p content better than any 1080p TV that isn't an OLED or maybe one of the best-ever Plasmas.

It's been almost 2 weeks and this TV has not let me down yet. The only thing it struggles with (marginally) is hockey, but what LED TV doesn't?

I've found these settings work great for me for everything and make live hockey look great too:

Options >> Picture Adjustments >> set all the noise reductions in here to "Auto", set MotionFlow to True Cinema or Clear, CineMotion to Auto, then scroll down to "Advanced Settings" and select it >> Set Black Corrector to "Medium", Adv. Contrast Enhancer to "High", Gamma to +1, Auto Light Limiter to "Low", Clear White to Off, Live Color to Off, ignore White Balance unless you have a lot of free time or are extremely particular, set Detail Enhancer to Off (VERY IMPORTANT FOR LIVE SPORTS IMO), Edge Enhancer to "Medium", Skin Naturalizer to On, and that should do it.

Let me know if you find settings that look better!
post #17 of 23 Old 03-29-2015, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxjr View Post
I just disagree. This TV does movie and TV show 1080p content better than any 1080p TV that isn't an OLED or maybe one of the best-ever Plasmas.

It's been almost 2 weeks and this TV has not let me down yet. The only thing it struggles with (marginally) is hockey, but what LED TV doesn't?

I've found these settings work great for me for everything and make live hockey look great too:

Options >> Picture Adjustments >> set all the noise reductions in here to "Auto", set MotionFlow to True Cinema or Clear, CineMotion to Auto, then scroll down to "Advanced Settings" and select it >> Set Black Corrector to "Medium", Adv. Contrast Enhancer to "High", Gamma to +1, Auto Light Limiter to "Low", Clear White to Off, Live Color to Off, ignore White Balance unless you have a lot of free time or are extremely particular, set Detail Enhancer to Off (VERY IMPORTANT FOR LIVE SPORTS IMO), Edge Enhancer to "Medium", Skin Naturalizer to On, and that should do it.

Let me know if you find settings that look better!
what other settings did you use interms of backlight etc? i picked up this set for a Bedroom anyone else pick this up?
post #18 of 23 Old 04-08-2015, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all,

Have had the 50W800B for a week now, enough time to do some tweaking with the extensive user settings (previously owned the Sony KD34XBR960 and know of the importance of proper black and picture levels and with settings provided by others, had calibrated and then slightly tweaked my own in the service menu as well). Used a THX optimizer as the basis for initial eyeballing before the fine tweaking for cable, DVD, DVD-R and VHS with individual 3D settings for each as well. So after all that, can simply say.....

This is just a great set! The HD picture is simply stunning and I'm having the time of my life watching it.

Do not have bluray but the up conversion for DVD is fantastic. Know how vibrant bluray is, have seen it, but DVDs come alive with this model. Great color and most of all there is increased resolution in small objects, with no harshness on the edges or inside details. It is more than I ever expected I would get, especially because of what I read regarding the need for bluray compared to DVD on screens above 40 inches because the bigger the screen the more apparent the reduced resolution becomes.

I love to collect movies and my collection covers those from the silent era to now. Obviously could not afford to buy them all so the majority were recorded onto DVD-R from HD stations like Turner Classic Movies, HBO, Showtime, etc. using a Panasonic recorder with flexible recording with the 1080i signal obviously down converted to 480i fed into the Panny via S-video. Of course, these discs cannot be compared to regular DVDs and thus I use the "custom" mode for this and the "standard" for regular DVDs so to get precision tweaking for each format. The up conversion for these surprised me as well. I was afraid going from a 34 inch CRT to a 50 inch LCD would bring out more of the limitations of my recorded DVD-Rs but that did not happen. Compared to the original source, the recording is between a 7.5 and 8.0 out of ten, which is quite acceptable for forty cents a movie LOL.

Still have some old VHS tapes, mostly silent films that are not available on DVD or have not been broadcast on TCM. This is where one can see how well the up conversion process works. Yes, it still lags far behind the picture quality of HD but it isn't bad at all.

Now about the 3D. Since do not have bluray and have not used any of the apps or cable pay per view, can only go by the simulated 3D. Have experienced store demonstrations so familiar with the eye popping effects coming at you that true 3D provides. Also read reviews on websites which said the 3D was not that good. Was advised by Crutchfield that the simulated affects would appear from the screen going away from the viewer, like when looking out a window, not coming at you as it is with true 3D.

Well, the simulated 3D is a lot better than what I expected. It actually makes the picture appear quite natural with depth, as if one is indeed looking through a window. Yes, the picture is a slightly bit darker because it is active, however, the resolution remains superb. Though not 3D in the way intended by the producers or technicians, this is more than adequate for my purposes, since 3D was not primary reason for purchasing the set.

Finally, my thoughts about the "Soap Opera Effect". I actually like it. Watching old films makes people and objects from the past appear real life, which is is like going through memory lane or a time machine from before one was born. Even with the silent movies. Makes an emotional connection between the past and the present. Don't mind it for modern day movies at all. Combined with the simulated 3D it is actually quite a treat.

On the negative side, one notices a loss of color and contrast as the viewing angle expands and I read this might be more dramatic than on some other sets, however, because it is common with all LCDs, this is something one cannot escape from either regardless of the extent.

The remote could be better, though this should not warrant any second thoughts about purchasing the set. The direction buttons are encircled too closely by others which causes one to press the incorrect button way too often. Also, there are no direct buttons for picture settings, picture size or twin view. Instead, this requires multiple steps which is a hassle. Fortunately, I saved the remote from my KD34XBR960 which had all those direct buttons and it works with this set.

So as one can see, I am so very happy with my new toy and for $799 think it was a steal. Do know that after a while my wife and I will get used to it and the euphoria we feel at the moment will settle down.
post #19 of 23 Old 04-08-2015, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Dubin View Post
Hi all,

Have had the 50W800B for a week now, enough time to do some tweaking with the extensive user settings (previously owned the Sony KD34XBR960 and know of the importance of proper black and picture levels and with settings provided by others, had calibrated and then slightly tweaked my own in the service menu as well). Used a THX optimizer as the basis for initial eyeballing before the fine tweaking for cable, DVD, DVD-R and VHS with individual 3D settings for each as well. So after all that, can simply say.....

This is just a great set! The HD picture is simply stunning and I'm having the time of my life watching it.

Do not have bluray but the up conversion for DVD is fantastic. Know how vibrant bluray is, have seen it, but DVDs come alive with this model. Great color and most of all there is increased resolution in small objects, with no harshness on the edges or inside details. It is more than I ever expected I would get, especially because of what I read regarding the need for bluray compared to DVD on screens above 40 inches because the bigger the screen the more apparent the reduced resolution becomes.

I love to collect movies and my collection covers those from the silent era to now. Obviously could not afford to buy them all so the majority were recorded onto DVD-R from HD stations like Turner Classic Movies, HBO, Showtime, etc. using a Panasonic recorder with flexible recording with the 1080i signal obviously down converted to 480i fed into the Panny via S-video. Of course, these discs cannot be compared to regular DVDs and thus I use the "custom" mode for this and the "standard" for regular DVDs so to get precision tweaking for each format. The up conversion for these surprised me as well. I was afraid going from a 34 inch CRT to a 50 inch LCD would bring out more of the limitations of my recorded DVD-Rs but that did not happen. Compared to the original source, the recording is between a 7.5 and 8.0 out of ten, which is quite acceptable for forty cents a movie LOL.

Still have some old VHS tapes, mostly silent films that are not available on DVD or have not been broadcast on TCM. This is where one can see how well the up conversion process works. Yes, it still lags far behind the picture quality of HD but it isn't bad at all.

Now about the 3D. Since do not have bluray and have not used any of the apps or cable pay per view, can only go by the simulated 3D. Have experienced store demonstrations so familiar with the eye popping effects coming at you that true 3D provides. Also read reviews on websites which said the 3D was not that good. Was advised by Crutchfield that the simulated affects would appear from the screen going away from the viewer, like when looking out a window, not coming at you as it is with true 3D.

Well, the simulated 3D is a lot better than what I expected. It actually makes the picture appear quite natural with depth, as if one is indeed looking through a window. Yes, the picture is a slightly bit darker because it is active, however, the resolution remains superb. Though not 3D in the way intended by the producers or technicians, this is more than adequate for my purposes, since 3D was not primary reason for purchasing the set.

Finally, my thoughts about the "Soap Opera Effect". I actually like it. Watching old films makes people and objects from the past appear real life, which is is like going through memory lane or a time machine from before one was born. Even with the silent movies. Makes an emotional connection between the past and the present. Don't mind it for modern day movies at all. Combined with the simulated 3D it is actually quite a treat.

On the negative side, one notices a loss of color and contrast as the viewing angle expands and I read this might be more dramatic than on some other sets, however, because it is common with all LCDs, this is something one cannot escape from either regardless of the extent.

The remote could be better, though this should not warrant any second thoughts about purchasing the set. The direction buttons are encircled too closely by others which causes one to press the incorrect button way too often. Also, there are no direct buttons for picture settings, picture size or twin view. Instead, this requires multiple steps which is a hassle. Fortunately, I saved the remote from my KD34XBR960 which had all those direct buttons and it works with this set.

So as one can see, I am so very happy with my new toy and for $799 think it was a steal. Do know that after a while my wife and I will get used to it and the euphoria we feel at the moment will settle down.
This XBR-800B site or 4K.
post #20 of 23 Old 04-08-2015, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
This XBR-800B site or 4K.
Hi Chise,

Sorry, the KDL. Did not realize there were two different models. So I posted this is the wrong forum. Have to find the right one. As Popeye would say "how embarrassing".

Last edited by Joseph Dubin; 04-08-2015 at 11:48 AM.
post #21 of 23 Old 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Dubin View Post
Hi Chise,

Sorry, the KDL. Did not realize there were two different models. So I posted this is the wrong forum. Have to find the right one. As Popeye would say "how embarrassing".
Don't be embarrassed we all make mistakes.
post #22 of 23 Old 04-13-2015, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Custom color settings

I just purchased a XBR65X800B. It seemed to be the best tv in my price range of $2,100. For the most part I have been happy with it. My one issue is the colors seem a little too bright. While watching a baseball game I noticed the colors of the uniforms and grass were too bright and unrealistic looking. The grass looked florescent and fake. I was just at the stadium for a game the night before and I know what they should look like. Has anyone come up with custom settings to provide a more natural color palette?
post #23 of 23 Unread Today, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 33
A Couple of Questions

For current owners of the XBR800B, has it been confirmed that an IPS panel is used in the 65" version? I know the 850B uses IPS but I've received conflicting information from Sony about IPS use on the 800B.

I'm also curious if anyone notices any distractiing light reflections from the screen on to the silver bezel and stand?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - XBR800B by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page