AVS Forum banner

"Best" router for both hard-wired and wireless connections...?

528 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bdrex28 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I use Linksys for my home. It runs everything and great range for upstairs and downstairs. It's E3000. Runs a couple Klipsch air plays, Sony TV, Xbox one in LR and sons room, iPads, iPods and iPhones. No problems. Have had for a few yrs.

#3 ·
What's your bandwidth and your provider? Meaning what is up and down speed off a hard line right now?

I also like Linksys, but depending on the bandwidth you have coming in will determine the better router. netgear also has some very nice products.

You may even go Switch and wireless router.

Here's a very good and highly rated router/switch combo. It will do exactly what you want.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear...itch/1754208.p?id=1219062800202&skuId=1754208

#6 ·
I have a Linksys also, the EA4500. I can't say anything about the range other than it works fine in my smallish apt. The web interface for maintenance is very good though, about the best that I have used (others are Netgear and ZyXel). Setup with my cable modem was easy enough. I've had it a little over a month, so far, so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.