AVS Forum banner

Is SONY TRILUMINOS worth it...?

22K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Vidgamer 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy the new 2015 Sony 4K TV - the X930C...

It is my understanding that in order to take advantage of Sony's Triluminos color enhancement technology - I have to pair the Sony TV with a Sony Blu-ray player.

So that narrows my new Blu-ray choice to Sony - which isn't very extensive - it basically means the Sony S7200.

Can anyone taking advantage of Sony's Triluminos (meaning you have the Sony TV with the Sony Blu-ray player) let us know if there really is all that much of an advantage :confused:

Thanks.

#4 ·
That is not my understanding...

My understanding is that you need 3 things - the Sony Triluminos TV; the Sony Triluminos Blu-ray player; and a Blu-ray encoded with Sony Triluminos...

:confused:

#3 ·
Sony early triluminous sets (2013) had the quantum dot technology screens... The 2014 sets did not. I don't know if the 2015 will have the quantum dot screens. The quantum dot screens were very impressive, the later sets not as much....

#10 ·
OK, I "think" I may have found where I mixed up...

In order to take FULL advantage of Sony's mastered in 4k Blu-rays...

They have to be played on a Sony Blu-ray player with Triluminos; and on a Sony 4K TV with Triluminos...

:confused:

#12 ·
Is SONY TRILUMINOS worth it...? One word....Yes. I own the Sony 55w900a that has the Triluminous/QD tech and I can tell you that the PQ is excellent. But you dont have to have a Sony Blu ray player to take advantage of the Triluminous feature due to its already built into the tv.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.