Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread - Page 527 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5575Likes

post #15781 of 16078 Old 04-25-2017, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Last night I selected the HULU app on my Vizio M75-C1 and I immediately noticed some vertical banding in the gray background screen of the HULU app. The banding was EXTREMELY apparent on the HULU app boot screen (when the big green HULU logo is on the gray background). In addition, there were very bright spots (like light bleed) surrounding the HULU logo, but not in a uniform manner.

The vertical banding in the gray background got me to looking at a solid gray background when I switched over to my Mac mini HTPC. I tried changing the desktop to several different solid colors. Black, blue, read and green all looked okay. But like the HULU app background, solid gray on the Mac mini had vertical banding.

I don't remember seeing this in the past. But, I also don't use the HULU app all that often. I do NOT see any banding when I watch TV channels or movies. But I doubt those situations present many instances of a solid gray screen.

Has anyone else with a 2015 Vizio M-series set notice this? All you have to do is fire up the HULU app. While the HULU logo is being displayed, any banding issues will be VERY apparent if you've got the same problem. Feedback appreciated!

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15782 of 16078 Old 04-25-2017, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I took some video of a show I was watching tonight (DIRECTV Genie DVR - tested w different model tv that did not exhibit same behavior) then took a screenshot at point when the screen "flashed". Now, the actual flash only happens for like half a second in real time. Thus the screen shot is worse than the actual live flash, but imagine this half second flash happening very 5-10 minutes. Yeah. Sucks.

Ironically I was watching The Flash, haha.
post #15783 of 16078 Old 04-26-2017, 02:07 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked: 4341
"Color Volume" article: Revised and Expanded!

Hey guys,

For those of you who liked my "Color Volume" article, I wanted to let you know that I have made further revisions and additions to it this week.

I added a lot of extra material to most of the sections - including additional info and lots more images and illustrations. I also added 2 brand new sections to it and made a few changes and improvements to some of the previous material.

I also took this opportunity to correct a few small mistakes that were bothering me and do a bit of reformatting. (Hey, I happen to be a perfectionist, with perhaps a little bit of OCD thrown-in for good measure. In fact, you will notice that a lot of my posts on the Forum often have a "Last edited by" footnote at the bottom of them - many of those "edits" are often only to correct a small spelling mistake or something stupid like that. )

Additionally, I decided to take the advice of my friend @mrtickleuk and change the print size of my "Notes" (except for the very first one), which were too small and hard for some to read (they looked fine in the browser I was using, but viewing them in a different browser I noticed they were indeed quite small). I instead used a different "Font" to make them stand out.

I am planning to start working on "Part 2" of my article hopefully this coming weekend (which will be the 2nd Post of my Color Volume Thread that I currently have marked as "Reserved!"). I plan to have it finished sometime next week if all goes well.

So stay tuned!

P.S. I apologize for the long post. Sorry!

[Click the LINK below to go to the article.]

>What is Color Volume?<

Thank you for reading!

Richard

post #15784 of 16078 Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'm seeing dark areas on my screen. I posted about this before but I finally got around to getting some pics of it. Thoughts? Out of warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9469.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	2103641  
post #15785 of 16078 Old 04-26-2017, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 904
Looks like a dead light zone to me

HCFR 3.4.4 | Git branch
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings
Vizio M55-C2 | T95N with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
post #15786 of 16078 Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecorj View Post
I took some video of a show I was watching tonight (DIRECTV Genie DVR - tested w different model tv that did not exhibit same behavior) then took a screenshot at point when the screen "flashed". Now, the actual flash only happens for like half a second in real time. Thus the screen shot is worse than the actual live flash, but imagine this half second flash happening very 5-10 minutes. Yeah. Sucks.

That's the speed force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
grecorj likes this.
post #15787 of 16078 Old 04-26-2017, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
Looks like a dead light zone to me
I thought so to, when it is bright white though its not as visible, maybe getting bleed from zones around it that covers it up I'm guessing.
post #15788 of 16078 Old 04-26-2017, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecorj View Post

Email that to Vizio.

Yep, that's basically what mine is doing. I posted a screen shot a couple of pages back.
grecorj likes this.
post #15789 of 16078 Old 04-28-2017, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
i bought a Nintendo Switch when it launched on March 3rd. It has a feature where it can turn your tv on if it's off. Well, it works on 3 of my friends tvs, one of which is a 5 year old Vizio but not on my M55-C2. I have looked in my TV menu but I can't find the setting to enable my Switch to turn on my tv. Does anyone know? After almost 2 months of owning one, I want my TV to turn on when I turn on my Switch. Seems odd to me that 3 other tvs, all which are older than mine, turn on but mine doesn't.
??
post #15790 of 16078 Old 04-28-2017, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

You have to enable CEC.

HCFR 3.4.4 | Git branch
post #15791 of 16078 Old 04-28-2017, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
You have to enable CEC.
That's the first thing I did. Said no devices were supported. I had the Switch off at the time so maybe that's it?? I will try it again with the Switch on and see.
post #15792 of 16078 Old 04-29-2017, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 203
I am having issues with streaming 4K video on my Vizio M55-C2. I recently subscribed to Amazon Prime. In the past, I could get 4K trailers and previews. Now, everything tops out at 1080P. Any suggestions?
post #15793 of 16078 Old 04-29-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Could be your internet or wifi.
Try Netflix if you have a 4K account there.

HCFR 3.4.4 | Git branch
post #15794 of 16078 Old 04-29-2017, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Could be your internet or wifi.
Try Netflix if you have a 4K account there.
Speeds should be fine. I have approx 90 Mbps down.

Update - UltraFlix works fine. No 4K on Amazon though.

Last edited by videoguy60467; 04-29-2017 at 05:16 PM.
post #15795 of 16078 Old 04-30-2017, 07:19 AM

Anyone getting any progress having this 1.4.23 screen flash problem resolved?

My tv keeps flashing away since the firmware update and I don't see another update coming, so I guess I'm going to start the whole replace/replace cycle with Costco. Eventually, when it becomes clear the problem is not fixable, I guess I can demand a refund or a replacement with a different brand of television?
post #15796 of 16078 Old 04-30-2017, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgiangenius View Post
Anyone getting any progress having this 1.4.23 screen flash problem resolved?

My tv keeps flashing away since the firmware update and I don't see another update coming, so I guess I'm going to start the whole replace/replace cycle with Costco. Eventually, when it becomes clear the problem is not fixable, I guess I can demand a refund or a replacement with a different brand of television?
Nope.

Don't blame you.

Vizio M60-C3
Yamaha RX-V379
EVGA GTX970 SSC - 4790K i7 - 2x8GB Gskill Ripjaws X - Corsair H60 H2O cooler
5.1 - Klipsch RF3 & RC3 - Boston VR500W Sub - CR4 for rears
post #15797 of 16078 Old 04-30-2017, 03:12 PM
VBB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post
Last night I selected the HULU app on my Vizio M75-C1 and I immediately noticed some vertical banding in the gray background screen of the HULU app. The banding was EXTREMELY apparent on the HULU app boot screen (when the big green HULU logo is on the gray background). In addition, there were very bright spots (like light bleed) surrounding the HULU logo, but not in a uniform manner.

The vertical banding in the gray background got me to looking at a solid gray background when I switched over to my Mac mini HTPC. I tried changing the desktop to several different solid colors. Black, blue, read and green all looked okay. But like the HULU app background, solid gray on the Mac mini had vertical banding.

I don't remember seeing this in the past. But, I also don't use the HULU app all that often. I do NOT see any banding when I watch TV channels or movies. But I doubt those situations present many instances of a solid gray screen.

Has anyone else with a 2015 Vizio M-series set notice this? All you have to do is fire up the HULU app. While the HULU logo is being displayed, any banding issues will be VERY apparent if you've got the same problem. Feedback appreciated!

Mark
I don't use Hulu all that often, but I saw your post yesterday and thought I'd check it out. While there is quite a bit of noise in the gray background (by design, I'm guessing), I did not see any banding or bright spots. This was in Calibrated Dark mode.
post #15798 of 16078 Old 04-30-2017, 07:09 PM

Another example of an isolated screen flash.

Copy of chat transcript with Vizio tech support today, edited only to remove my real name and serial number. Let's see if they will actually fix this pronto.

Thank you for contacting Vizio's chat support.
Chat Reference Id #: 14534700.
A copy of your chat transcript is provided below.
Chat Origin: 5731a000000Gqp3
Chat Started: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 09:38:11 (-0500)
Agent Joann
( 0s ) Joann: Here at VIZIO we pride ourselves in providing best in class U.S. based support. Have you contacted VIZIO in the past?
( 19s ) Belgiangenius: Only be email.
( 1m 25s ) Joann: Hello Michael you want to know about firmware?
( 1m 26s ) Belgiangenius: Ever since 1.423 firmware update, I have had image problems with my m70-c3. The screen flashes intermittently when using certain inputs.
( 1m 54s ) Belgiangenius: Are you going to fix this problem with the firmware? t's been a month or so...and the problem continues.
( 2m 21s ) Joann: Before we get started, I would like to gather some more information from you. May I please get your serial number for your VIZIO product, name of the store you bought it from, and the approximate date of purchase?
( 2m 57s ) Belgiangenius: It was purchased from costco around November 2015. Give me a sec. to find the firmware #.
( 3m 47s ) Joann: What is the serial number of tv?
( 4m 23s ) Belgiangenius: 34LFTRSYXXXXXXXXX
( 6m 6s ) Joann: What devices do you have connected to your TV and what types of cords or cables are being used to connect them?
( 6m 35s ) Belgiangenius: OTA via coax, Roku 4 via HDMI, Bluray via HDMI
( 8m 12s ) Belgiangenius: I have no problems when viewing my Roku 4, which is set to 2160P. I have no problems when using Netflix app native to the television. When I view either OTA content or Bluray content, the picture flashes intermittently. These flashes last only a fraction of a second. Sometimes they could be every few seconds....sometimes you don't see it for a half hour.
( 8m 54s ) Joann: Can you please do a power cycle for me?
-Unplug TV from outlet
-Press and hold in the power button on the TV for 30 seconds (The power button is located on the back of the TV along the bottom-left hand side.)
-Release the power button
-Plug in the TV
-Power the TV back on
( 9m 32s ) Belgiangenius: I did this yesterday....you can find these instructions online. It made no difference. I also tried resetting to factory defaults. No difference.
( 10m 8s ) Joann: When did you purchase the tv?
( 10m 26s ) Belgiangenius: November 2015.
( 10m 51s ) Joann: Did you get extended service plan?
( 11m 11s ) Belgiangenius: Yes.
( 11m 56s ) Belgiangenius: I could get it serviced. Not sure I see the point, though. There is online diuscussion at AVS forum about other people having the same problem since 1.4.23. Are you going to fix the firmware?
( 12m 44s ) Joann: You would have to talk with extended service to get this fix.
( 13m 9s ) Belgiangenius: I think you're missing the point. The firmware seems to be defective. Are you going to fix the firmware?
( 13m 35s ) Belgiangenius: "Here at VIZIO we pride ourselves in providing best in class U.S. based support.:
( 13m 41s ) Belgiangenius: Please do that and fix your firmware.
( 14m 12s ) Joann: I understand that. I will tell the department about your issue.
( 15m 8s ) Belgiangenius: Yes, please! We have been living with this problems for too long now. I can have the extended service some in, but unless they are going to roll back the firmware, I don't see it fixing the problem.
( 15m 43s ) Belgiangenius: The problem is documented online.
( 15m 44s ) Belgiangenius: Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread
( 16m 4s ) Belgiangenius: Those pictures you see of the lines in the image are the same as I what see since 1.4.23 update.
( 16m 52s ) Joann: When it flashes do you get a picture?
( 17m 26s ) Belgiangenius: The flash only lasts a fraction of a second. The pictures you see are obtained by taking video and freezing it to isolate the flash.
( 18m 17s ) Belgiangenius: I did the same thing with my set and the flash looks just like what the guy from Connecticut posted in that forum.
( 18m 26s ) Joann: So after it flashes do you get a picture from the antenna or blu ray player?
( 18m 49s ) Belgiangenius: Yes. It looks normal...like I said, the flash lasts only a fraction of a second.
( 21m 5s ) Joann: It sounds like a hand shake issue.
( 21m 28s ) Belgiangenius: I don't think there is any handshaking going on with an antenna....it's a one directional signal.
( 22m 35s ) Belgiangenius: FYI, I'm an electrical engineer. I'm giving you guys this information because I'm certain you have a firmware problem and I'd like your company to fix it.
( 23m 0s ) Joann: I understand that.
( 23m 13s ) Belgiangenius: Please make sure your firmware gets get this information.
( 23m 22s ) Belgiangenius: firmware guys, that is
( 23m 30s ) Joann: I will make sure they will get the information
( 23m 34s ) Belgiangenius: Thank you.
( 24m 12s ) Belgiangenius: Have e a good day. If I'm still have this problem in another 30 days, I will contact extended warranty. But it seems like a wasted effort.
( 24m 15s ) Joann: Thank you for chatting with VIZIO today. If you have any questions feel free to contact our support team at 1-877-878-4946, online at support.vizio.com or email us at techsupport@vizio.com! We would also like you to join VIZIO Fandemonium today to earn points and win prizes only at VIZIOfanzone.com Thanks again, and have a great day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	2111273  
hotrippr likes this.

Last edited by belgiangenius; 04-30-2017 at 07:29 PM.
post #15799 of 16078 Old 05-01-2017, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy60467 View Post
Speeds should be fine. I have approx 90 Mbps down.

Update - UltraFlix works fine. No 4K on Amazon though.
Did you make sure you were selecting titles under the uhd menu? Amazon does things kinda backwards. If you don't scroll and select from the UHD menu, then you only get 1080p.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
post #15800 of 16078 Old 05-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_Curren View Post
Did you make sure you were selecting titles under the uhd menu? Amazon does things kinda backwards. If you don't scroll and select from the UHD menu, then you only get 1080p.

In the past, while I had not subscribed I could search for "4K", and get several 4K trailers.
I'll look for the UHD menu and see if that solves the issue.
post #15801 of 16078 Old 05-01-2017, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I am thinking about selling my M60. My wife fell in love with a 2016 curved OLED TV she saw. Does anyone have any idea of what a fair price for my 2015 M60 would be? It seems like it should be worth something but prices on these TVs are so low, I am not sure what is right. Thanks for any input.
post #15802 of 16078 Old 05-01-2017, 11:52 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
I don't use Hulu all that often, but I saw your post yesterday and thought I'd check it out. While there is quite a bit of noise in the gray background (by design, I'm guessing), I did not see any banding or bright spots. This was in Calibrated Dark mode.
Thank you Henry. My M75-C1 set to Calibrated Dark mode too. The amount of bright light bleed surrounding the HULU logo is significant. And the vertical banding on those gray backgrounds is VERY noticeable.

I will try to grab a good photo of the HULU boot screen to share.

My set is still under warranty (Costco extended warranty). I am thinking I'll contact the warranty company to see if they'll come take a look. If it's not something they can fix, perhaps Costco will okay a refund and I can get a new set?

Mark
post #15803 of 16078 Old 05-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Has anyone tried the PlutoTV app in VIA? There is an allegedly 4K channel but I am only able to see a few brief moments before the image starts to degrade and stutter. I have a very fast interest connection so I do not think that is a concern.

I say "allegedly 4K" because although it did seem to look sharper, the system information only reported a 1080p signal. Upscaled perhaps?
post #15804 of 16078 Old 05-02-2017, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
Has anyone tried the PlutoTV app in VIA? There is an allegedly 4K channel but I am only able to see a few brief moments before the image starts to degrade and stutter. I have a very fast interest connection so I do not think that is a concern.

I say "allegedly 4K" because although it did seem to look sharper, the system information only reported a 1080p signal. Upscaled perhaps?
Nothing on PlutoTV is 4k, even the 4k channel.
I like the app; I don't like that it often repeats the same commercial back to back.
post #15805 of 16078 Old 05-02-2017, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am so not surprised to hear this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn View Post
Nothing on PlutoTV is 4k, even the 4k channel.
I like the app; I don't like that it often repeats the same commercial back to back.
post #15806 of 16078 Old 05-03-2017, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_Curren View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy60467 View Post
In the past, while I had not subscribed I could search for "4K", and get several 4K trailers.
I'll look for the UHD menu and see if that solves the issue.
That solved it! Amazing that if you search for 4K, and see movies shot in 4K, that they are 1080P max.
Going to the UHD section showed some of the same titles, and the one I checked played in 4K.
Thanks!
Travis_Curren likes this.
post #15807 of 16078 Old 05-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just hooked up my M70-C3 for the first time. It has been sitting in its box for a year while I was doing renos on the house. Should I Update the firmware? I have been following this thread and seen a few are having issues with the latest one.

My plan is to feed the tv thru HDMI 5 from my receiver and hook my xbox one s and cable box to the receiver. Any settings I should enable on the tv to get the most out of it?

Thanks
Ray
post #15808 of 16078 Old 05-04-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray83 View Post
Just hooked up my M70-C3 for the first time. It has been sitting in its box for a year while I was doing renos on the house. Should I Update the firmware? I have been following this thread and seen a few are having issues with the latest one.

My plan is to feed the tv thru HDMI 5 from my receiver and hook my xbox one s and cable box to the receiver. Any settings I should enable on the tv to get the most out of it?

Thanks
Ray
Careful. Give it an Internet connection and you will be automatically "upgraded" to the new FUBAR firmware with no choice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #15809 of 16078 Old 05-04-2017, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Careful. Give it an Internet connection and you will be automatically "upgraded" to the new FUBAR firmware with no choice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thanks! I won't connect it until I see a patch or a revised version of the firmware has been released.

Cheers
Ray
post #15810 of 16078 Old 05-06-2017, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Another example of an isolated screen flash.

Copy of chat transcript with Vizio tech support today, edited only to remove my real name and serial number. Let's see if they will actually fix this pronto.

Thank you for contacting Vizio's chat support.
Chat Reference Id #: 14534700.
A copy of your chat transcript is provided below.
Chat Origin: 5731a000000Gqp3
Chat Started: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 09:38:11 (-0500)
Agent Joann
( 0s ) Joann: Here at VIZIO we pride ourselves in providing best in class U.S. based support. Have you contacted VIZIO in the past?
( 19s ) Belgiangenius: Only be email.
( 1m 25s ) Joann: Hello Michael you want to know about firmware?
( 1m 26s ) Belgiangenius: Ever since 1.423 firmware update, I have had image problems with my m70-c3. The screen flashes intermittently when using certain inputs.
( 1m 54s ) Belgiangenius: Are you going to fix this problem with the firmware? t's been a month or so...and the problem continues.
( 2m 21s ) Joann: Before we get started, I would like to gather some more information from you. May I please get your serial number for your VIZIO product, name of the store you bought it from, and the approximate date of purchase?
( 2m 57s ) Belgiangenius: It was purchased from costco around November 2015. Give me a sec. to find the firmware #.
( 3m 47s ) Joann: What is the serial number of tv?
( 4m 23s ) Belgiangenius: 34LFTRSYXXXXXXXXX
( 6m 6s ) Joann: What devices do you have connected to your TV and what types of cords or cables are being used to connect them?
( 6m 35s ) Belgiangenius: OTA via coax, Roku 4 via HDMI, Bluray via HDMI
( 8m 12s ) Belgiangenius: I have no problems when viewing my Roku 4, which is set to 2160P. I have no problems when using Netflix app native to the television. When I view either OTA content or Bluray content, the picture flashes intermittently. These flashes last only a fraction of a second. Sometimes they could be every few seconds....sometimes you don't see it for a half hour.
( 8m 54s ) Joann: Can you please do a power cycle for me?
-Unplug TV from outlet
-Press and hold in the power button on the TV for 30 seconds (The power button is located on the back of the TV along the bottom-left hand side.)
-Release the power button
-Plug in the TV
-Power the TV back on
( 9m 32s ) Belgiangenius: I did this yesterday....you can find these instructions online. It made no difference. I also tried resetting to factory defaults. No difference.
( 10m 8s ) Joann: When did you purchase the tv?
( 10m 26s ) Belgiangenius: November 2015.
( 10m 51s ) Joann: Did you get extended service plan?
( 11m 11s ) Belgiangenius: Yes.
( 11m 56s ) Belgiangenius: I could get it serviced. Not sure I see the point, though. There is online diuscussion at AVS forum about other people having the same problem since 1.4.23. Are you going to fix the firmware?
( 12m 44s ) Joann: You would have to talk with extended service to get this fix.
( 13m 9s ) Belgiangenius: I think you're missing the point. The firmware seems to be defective. Are you going to fix the firmware?
( 13m 35s ) Belgiangenius: "Here at VIZIO we pride ourselves in providing best in class U.S. based support.:
( 13m 41s ) Belgiangenius: Please do that and fix your firmware.
( 14m 12s ) Joann: I understand that. I will tell the department about your issue.
( 15m 8s ) Belgiangenius: Yes, please! We have been living with this problems for too long now. I can have the extended service some in, but unless they are going to roll back the firmware, I don't see it fixing the problem.
( 15m 43s ) Belgiangenius: The problem is documented online.
( 15m 44s ) Belgiangenius: Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread
( 16m 4s ) Belgiangenius: Those pictures you see of the lines in the image are the same as I what see since 1.4.23 update.
( 16m 52s ) Joann: When it flashes do you get a picture?
( 17m 26s ) Belgiangenius: The flash only lasts a fraction of a second. The pictures you see are obtained by taking video and freezing it to isolate the flash.
( 18m 17s ) Belgiangenius: I did the same thing with my set and the flash looks just like what the guy from Connecticut posted in that forum.
( 18m 26s ) Joann: So after it flashes do you get a picture from the antenna or blu ray player?
( 18m 49s ) Belgiangenius: Yes. It looks normal...like I said, the flash lasts only a fraction of a second.
( 21m 5s ) Joann: It sounds like a hand shake issue.
( 21m 28s ) Belgiangenius: I don't think there is any handshaking going on with an antenna....it's a one directional signal.
( 22m 35s ) Belgiangenius: FYI, I'm an electrical engineer. I'm giving you guys this information because I'm certain you have a firmware problem and I'd like your company to fix it.
( 23m 0s ) Joann: I understand that.
( 23m 13s ) Belgiangenius: Please make sure your firmware gets get this information.
( 23m 22s ) Belgiangenius: firmware guys, that is
( 23m 30s ) Joann: I will make sure they will get the information
( 23m 34s ) Belgiangenius: Thank you.
( 24m 12s ) Belgiangenius: Have e a good day. If I'm still have this problem in another 30 days, I will contact extended warranty. But it seems like a wasted effort.
( 24m 15s ) Joann: Thank you for chatting with VIZIO today. If you have any questions feel free to contact our support team at 1-877-878-4946, online at support.vizio.com or email us at techsupport@vizio.com! We would also like you to join VIZIO Fandemonium today to earn points and win prizes only at VIZIOfanzone.com Thanks again, and have a great day!
Great job.
We should start a class action suit. Vizio broke our Tvs. Nor do they listen to us.

Vizio M60-C3
Yamaha RX-V379
EVGA GTX970 SSC - 4790K i7 - 2x8GB Gskill Ripjaws X - Corsair H60 H2O cooler
5.1 - Klipsch RF3 & RC3 - Boston VR500W Sub - CR4 for rears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page