AVS Forum banner

2015 Vizio E-Series Announced

4K views 56 replies 24 participants last post by  golfster 
#1 · (Edited)
Vizio has just announced the 2015 E-series HDTV line-up. I would note that Vizio's "Effective Refresh Rate" is typically double he actual refresh rate of the panel. For example, when they say a given TV has an "effective 120 Hz Refresh Rate" they usually mean it has an actual 60 Hz refresh rate combined with backlight strobing. These are Vizio's entry level HDTVs. The following info is from their press release:

E-Series 24" Razor LED Smart TV MSRP $179.99

E-Series 28" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $199.99

E-Series 32" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $259.99

E-Series 40" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $349.99

E-Series 43" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $389.99

E-Series 48" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $479.99

E-Series 50" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $529.99

E-Series 55" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $629.99

E-Series 60" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $799.99

E-Series 65" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $999.99

E-Series 70" Full-Array LED Smart TV MSRP $1,399.99

The all-new E-Series collection offers consumers the latest technology at an incredible value, and is available in a full range of screen size classes from 24" to 70". The 2014 E-Series collection was heralded by Sound & Vision as a Top Pick2 and by CNET as one of the Highest Rated TVs of 20143, and with that praise, VIZIO aimed to push the technology and picture quality even further across this year's line-up. The 2015 VIZIO E-Series collection4 boasts Full-Array LED backlighting technology, which delivers brilliant picture quality and advanced control of the LEDs behind the entire screen for superior light uniformity and picture performance as compared to edge-lit TVs. Up to 16 Active LED Zones™ dynamically adjust the LED backlighting to match the light and dark portions of on-screen content, culminating in better light uniformity complete with deeper black levels and brighter colors5 for a more vibrant, beautiful picture. Clear Action 240 across most models offers enhanced motion clarity with 120Hz effective refresh rate and powerful image processing so sports and fast-action scenes are seen with stunningly sharp detail. By combining powerful image processing and 120 Hz effective refresh rates, the 2015 E-Series line-up delivers next-level clarity, reducing motion blur and minimizing retina burn5.

"This year's E-Series delivers great picture quality and performance with more Smart TV apps, all at an incredible value to the consumer," said Matt McRae, Chief Technology Officer, VIZIO. "Picture performance is enhanced by Full-Array LED backlighting and Active LED Zones, which pull out deeper blacks and brighter colors, while powerful image processing and 120Hz effective refresh rate improves details in fast action scenes. These innovations to our E-Series collection make it an affordable entertainment fixture for any room."

All models in the 2015 E-Series collection are equipped with VIZIO's latest generation Smart TV platform, VIZIO Internet Apps Plus, to give consumers the power to stream the hottest movies, TV shows, music and more right to the TV. The seamless Smart TV experience is possible thanks to built-in WiFi6 with apps such as Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, iHeartRadio, Hulu Plus, Spotify, YouTube and more.7 VIZIO Internet Apps Plus allows consumers to enjoy advanced features like second screen interactivity, enabling them to surf for Netflix or YouTube content on their smartphone or tablet, and then send the video directly to their VIZIO E-Series Smart TVs.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes we have some differences. The 40" TV seems to have the biggest upgrade compared to last year. Also you do have the change in the base which I hate....

Yes you are getting lower prices, but I think a panel upgrade has also occurred...

NOW if we can only get a professional review of this tv.

#5 ·
It is important to note that the 65 and 70 inch models get the upgraded V6 processor and also claim to have effective refresh rates of 240 Hz. This leads me to believe that the largest sizes are indeed 120 Hz native panels. On another note I am extremely excited for this TV. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to wait out the 4K/OLED/UHD/SHUD/WHATEVER! transition and my next set will be purely bought for screen size. I've got several plasma sets sprinkled throughout the house to keep me picture quality happy for a few more years.

#10 ·
I have come to the conclusion that I am going to wait out the 4K/OLED/UHD/SHUD/WHATEVER! transition and my next set will be purely bought for screen size.
Considering all that stuff is a simple upsell that really doesn't translate into a much better viewing experience vs. a simply BIGGER TV, I'd say you are being smart.

Pretty much every "upsell" feature (eg. Frame Interpolation, 3D, etc.) on every TV and projector I've had gets turned off. Even 1080P is overkill in most living room setups. This is why I always tell people to just get the biggest TV possible and ignore all that crap.

Thanks for the info on the upgrades to these over last years sets. I missed those. $1400 for a Full-backlit, true 120hz 1080P TV would be amazing!

#11 ·
The fact that the larger sizes have those upgrades really sweeten the deal for me as well. I use our primary TV mostly for Xbox/Wii U/classic console gaming As well as bluray, Fios HBO and AMC viewing. Now I am just torn between the 65 and 70. The cost savings with the 65 inch would leave enough cash over for an upgraded TV stand....but would I kick myself for not just. getting the 70 inch.

#12 ·
I'm just debating, should I wait for the 32" e series or buy 2014 32" M series, it will be use mostly for console gaming (xbox one and ps4) as I don't like to game in more than 32"! And also I saw that this year the M series will be 4K but won't have any 32" model so what would you guys recomend? Thanks

#20 ·
Bought E40-C2 - bad noise

Hi Folks,

So has anyone else experienced this? I bought one last night. In any "picture" mode other than computer it makes a loud sound out of the back of the TV. Sounds like sort of a 1000hz or so tone. The darker the picture, the louder it gets. Doesn't matter the input or input device. In fact, even in VIA apps, the sound occurs. Standard is the worst, Computer best, and everything else is in between. Any ideas? I've already returned one and the second is not as loud, but probably still not something I can live with. Bad power supply anyone?

TiA,

jayw

#22 ·
Hi Folks,

So has anyone else experienced this? I bought one last night. In any "picture" mode other than computer it makes a loud sound out of the back of the TV. Sounds like sort of a 1000hz or so tone. The darker the picture, the louder it gets. Doesn't matter the input or input device. In fact, even in VIA apps, the sound occurs. Standard is the worst, Computer best, and everything else is in between. Any ideas? I've already returned one and the second is not as loud, but probably still not something I can live with. Bad power supply anyone?

TiA,

jayw

At this point only a legit few even have a 2015 Vizio TV set. Could be a bad batch of TV sets?? Where did you get this TV set??

#34 ·
The only benefit you'd get possibly is in the color saturation of red. Otherwise the P series would be superior for most critical viewing. I wouldn't even compare the two as they are too far separated spec wise. 2014 m and even the 2025 M (although it is now 4k) would be better comparisons.

Sent from nowhere

#28 ·
In any case you guys have the same problem, (flickering when clear action is avtivated) it is because the tv flashes the backlight rapidly, your eye would see the image, a moment of black, then the image again. It supposed to this really fast so you don't notice flickering, but apparently it is doing it really slow that I can still notice it.

#30 ·
It is already there but the price is inflated right now on amazon so I wouldn't recommend buying one at this moment through Amazon

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SMBFP4U/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1427387583&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=vizio+E50-C1&dpPl=1&dpID=51As1ehMuhL&ref=plSrch

#33 ·
But thet are ALL "Smart" TV's.

Where are the new versions of the "dumb" TV's for those of us who do not want (or want to pay for) the internet connectivity?
The E series is pretty much as basic as it gets these days. Quite frankly at this point I am not even sure you are "paying" for the smart features they are simply there. Although, I would happily pay for a dumb TV that had high end picture quality components and plenty of inputs.

#40 ·
I have the 2013 m series 50" 3d tv... Don't use the 3d nearly as much as I thought I would so im thinking about selling it and buying the new 60" e series model.... Do you guys think the picture will
Be better or worse with the 2015 e compared to my 2013 m series???

#42 ·
That's what I was thinking because the flasighting on my current set is so bad I couldn't even use local dimming or smart dimming forgot what it was called.... But if I remember right my set has a batter contrast ratio i also just ready that the new m series will have 4k so I might go with that... Thanks

#43 ·
With full array, flashlighting is pretty much eliminated.

I doubt the edge-lit E-Series has better CR - those numbers they put out are marketing hokum. All of the 2014 Vizio's got very high marks for Native a Contrast Ratio and black-levels.

Depending on how much you have to spend, the 2015 M-Series could be a good set. If the price of the 2015 M is similar to the same-sized price as the 2014 P, the P will be better because of the higher number of dimming zones.

The 2014 P70 (which I have) is on sale at Costco for $2000 until the end of April.

If it was me, I would prioritize a larger screen over 4K or more dimming zones. I went from a 55" LED/LCD to 70" and would never go back. Much better for wide-screen Blurays.

So if you can fit an E70 or an M60/P60, that would be a tough call - I'd probably go for the E70. If 60" is the largest you can fit and you have the $1500 budget for the 2015 M60, you may want to think about the 2014 P60 instead - also $1500 at Costco until the end of April.

But I would not step down from 60" to 55" to get 4K (especially since the 55" Vizio's are all IPS panels with poor blacks).

#44 ·
I'm prob just wanting to spend about 600-900 50" is prob the perfect size for my room and that's what I have... But as cheap at the e series 60" or 55" will be at my samsclub it's hard to just stay at 50" so the only way I would stay at 50" is if I did move up to the 2015 m or 2014 p but like you said it's prob better to get screen size instead of 4k and a smaller screen so idk! It's hard and I have to fig out how much to sell my current m series for

#46 ·
My Mom's Zenith plasma 50" finally bought the farm tonight, 2 large bangs she said and the screen went black. I decided on a Visio E50-C1 LED 50" smart tv after researching options for the last 3 hours.

Like others have mentioned on this thread I was hoping to get a dumb tv as my mom drives me bat $hit crazy when she can't figure out remotes and calls me like tech support, she doesn't need the extra layer of confusion in her life. I am hoping the internet on that tv and all the app's doesn't trip her up too much.

Going to see if Costco has in stock at store tomorrow, online price for it is $499. Costco the best store out there my opinion, the return policy is great if there are any problems. Funny part on amazon the 2015 model was cheaper than the 2014(plus now they collect sales tax) & Target etc had the 14/15 model years same price $530 (think I get an additional 5% off if I use the target credit card).

Hoping the TV works out, will get one installed at Mom's ASAP so she can watch her nightly programs.

#47 ·
I just bought the 40", 48", and 50" 2015 E-series from Costco. The apps are very easy to figure out. It doesn't have a browser either so that is actually easier to support over the phone.

Overall these are very good 1080p sets. Ironically Shadow detail is excellent when you turn the shadow detail to off or low.

For the money there is no better value in 1080p tvs currently.

#49 ·
I ended up keeping it. I figured out that if I turned off "Active LED Zones" it quieted considerably. Also turning off "ClearAction" helped as well. One made a low ground hum sound. The other a high pitched whine. Disappointing that the design is this flawed, but I liked the picture with both turned off, so I decided i could live with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.