RVU on new samsung TV's - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 7 Old 04-13-2015, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
RVU on new samsung TV's

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a new TV and I am leaning towards the samsung JS9000 and Samsungs JU7500 Soundbar. Before I take the leap I do have a few questions though.

-Has anyone used the built in RVU client on any of the new 2014 or 2015 TVs? I am curios if you get Dolby Digital when using this, and if it is laggy. I am also curios if there is anything else I would lose by using the RVU client.

-I also have a question more on the soundbar and using Arc. If I end up using the HR 44 as the tuner instead of the RVU Client. If I connect the HR 44 to HDMI 1 and then HDMI 4 using ARC to the TV. Does the sound work correctly? The reason I ask is you would have to have the TV switched to HDMI 1 but the sound would need to go to the soundbar on HDMI 4 since thats the only port that supports ARC.

Thanks in advanced!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-29-2015, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

any ideas?
post #3 of 7 Old 05-02-2015, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

I guess no one has used this before? I went ahead and got the samsung TV and setup the RVU and the Guide is surprisingly fast but when you change the channel there is a short delay which isnt the end of the world.

My biggest issue is that the guide using the RVU is pretty dim and I can figure out how to make it brighter.

I also have not had time to test out the Dolby Digital stuff yet. that is the next on my list.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-02-2015, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-d View Post
I guess no one has used this before? I went ahead and got the samsung TV and setup the RVU and the Guide is surprisingly fast but when you change the channel there is a short delay which isnt the end of the world.

My biggest issue is that the guide using the RVU is pretty dim and I can figure out how to make it brighter.

I also have not had time to test out the Dolby Digital stuff yet. that is the next on my list.
Did you get the sound bar? And good? Not sure on RVU. I have comcast :/
post #5 of 7 Old 05-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-d View Post

Which model Samsung do you have? Do you have the RVU working in your set? If you read the blogs for the JU7100 - you will see that many people have been waiting for Samsung and Directv to get the RVU working for the 2015 Samsung TVs.
post #6 of 7 Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by palermo22 View Post
Which model Samsung do you have? Do you have the RVU working in your set? If you read the blogs for the JU7100 - you will see that many people have been waiting for Samsung and Directv to get the RVU working for the 2015 Samsung TVs.
I had Directv install wireless devices on most of my Tvs this weekend. I asked about RVU and the installer said “It doesn’t work when it is built-into the TVs”. He said it was so slow that everyone just switches to using their boxes anyway. Basically he said it has been an Epic failure so far.
post #7 of 7 Unread Today, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
I had Directv install wireless devices on most of my Tvs this weekend. I asked about RVU and the installer said “It doesn’t work when it is built-into the TVs”. He said it was so slow that everyone just switches to using their boxes anyway. Basically he said it has been an Epic failure so far.
I wouldn't completely trust the installers, I had mine out Friday to do the install and I asked hime questions on it and he didn't even know it was an option. I should him how it worked and he said "that's cool".

They are always going to try to sell wha they know and what is easiest for them. I have been using it on my bedroom tv and its working great minus the dim guide. I will probably continue to use it and return my clients. The guide is just as fast as the client.

I am waiting for this feature to become available for my JU7500. I was frustrated when I went to set it up and it said it wasn't available. I guess thats the price we pay for getting the latest and greatest all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page