do they release new tv every year? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-15-2015, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 4
do they release new tv every year?

Just wonder if most companies release new tv model every year or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2015, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by viziotvowner View Post
Just wonder if most companies release new tv model every year or not
Yes they release new models every year ,very strange question ,why you dont know this?

Living Room:Panasonic 65"VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 / 2 PSA XS30 / Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds / Sonos Connect / Roku3 /Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / PS4 / HTPC / Darbee 5000 / Sonos Play:1 for bedrooms,kitchen,bathrooms / Master Bedroom: Panasonic 55"VT60 / Sonos Sound Bar / Sonos Sub and Sonos Play 1 Surrounds/Vizio LED in 3 Bedrooms and Dining Room.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2015, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post
Yes they release new models every year ,very strange question ,why you dont know this?
Because I don't follow tv market, I bought one during 2014-15 because the old one went out. Not everything is released annually so I was just wondering. good to know, fridge doesn't release every year, titleist golf clubs get released every 2yrs(some companies do release annually), etc. I never knew tv had something to "upgrade' every year. I guess tvs are like computers that gets outdated quickly.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-16-2015, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 303
CES, IFA, CEDIA and other Trade Shows serve as a peek into the future for that year much the same as Auto Shows do. About the only time an annual renewal doesn't occur is in the case of a panel or company $ losses kill the line or the entire company. RPTV, Plasma, CRT's went extinct and obviously no renewals for them or some models that failed to make profits. On rare occasions a Manu over reaches and the Tech has to catch-up like Vizo R.

Profits = Annual Renewal provided the Company as a whole survives. RCA, JVC, some Philips,Toshiba are either now or in the process of becoming Brand Licensee's that no longer have a connection to the original manufacturer. They may tout products as new releases but reality is they bought the Brand Name to distribute product that may have little in common with the original manufacturer previous tech/releases.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's

Last edited by westa6969; 04-16-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays